Monoxidil AND Laser Comb?

I just hit my 5-month mark and got my hair shaved yesterday and the hair stylist suggested shampoo with monoxidil in it. Now maybe he was just trying to sell me their product, but I know that many users on here use monoxidil.

I know it's good to use, but my question is that since I bought the lasermax hair comb, and have heard wonderful things about its results, is the monoxidil really going to help me any more than the comb? I get if both would help me individually, but I don't want to buy the monoxidil if the comb will eventually give me the same exact results.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Are you still on the minoxidil? If so, you will more than likely see better results with minoxidil. If you want to assess your results with minoxidil, use it for the next six months too. During this time, you should also begin providing yourself with photos for consistent documentation. Unfortunately, many times, minoxidil users won't notice any results until they have discontinued it. The purpose of minoxidil is to extend time and slow the rate of hair loss. Laser therapy is very time consuming and may not give you as much benefit as minoxidil. Not all individuals see the same results with laser therapy.

Many answers depend on your specific goal for the products you choose.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...
Bump... nobody knows?

I'm also using the laser comb, and it is definitely working...I also purchased from TSC the Hairmax shampoo and conditioner and revitalizer that helps prepare your hair for the comb and I really like it and it makes your hair nice and soft. I purchased Rogaine but then returned it after fears of reading all the side effects especially for women so I've never tried it together with the comb. I recently purchased (just over 2 months ago) , Viviscal to treat my hair loss orally, and also Anagrow as the topical to treat..not sure which of those last two is super charging my growth in conjunction with the comb because I started them both at the same time...hair growth has been huge for me since then, so it really doesn't matter as it's worth the price to me and I'd be afraid to stop either now. My V's have almost totally filled in and you can no longer see my scalp from the back and I'm going to have to color my hair every 4 instead of my usual 6 week regime...my hair's never looked better. My friends are no longer picking hair off my clothes and I'm so excited. I am a believer that one product used doesn't hold all the answers and I think that you have to battle this from all angles. I also use Nizoril shampoo once weekly but don't see the effects (in fact it's a tad drying) that I have since that boost until the Viviscal and Anagrow. If you're a woman make sure your thyroid is stable and your Iron level as well. Make sure you're taking a multivitamin and a bit of extra iron as decreased iron levels can cause hair loss.

My GF is using the minoxidil 5% formula for men and is finding results but no where close to what I'm getting. I'm a nurse and one of my patients yesterday who hadn't seen me in a while asked me if I was wearing a wig...I had to pull my hair out to prove to him that I wasn't... I'm just so excited!

Bump... nobody knows?

Hi Dannyboy,

Just FYI please also check out the Lasercap via google as that is meant to be the ultimate in Laser Hair Therapy for you if you hair loss is only recent thinning and for Woman it is highly recommended to use it.

For me I have been told would not make a lot of difference as 30 years has passed since I lost my hair, so Hair Restoration is my best bet, but since you are using a comb, this might be the bee's knees so to speak.

PS Equally great to hear it is working for you to Cor

Just briefly below:

The LaserCap hair treatment program uses 224 laser diodes positioned in a hands-free device worn on the head. The proximity of the LaserCap to the patient’s scalp allows for maximum effectiveness and minimal dispersion of the laser & light energy. Each treatment session is 30 minutes on alternating days of the week. The FDA has certified LLLT laser as a class 1 cosmetic device.