Please share your experiences on duasteride

Spanker

I know that several people stated that they were going to give it a shot. If they are still around, please let me know how it is going.

I am still on the fence about it because of the cost, and using my last available weapon (I don't use Nizoral because it makes my hair feel crappy). I don't know that my hair has gotten any worse since starting fin, but I do still have miniaturized hair throughout the scalp so I am considering it the dut once or twice a week, but I may wait. Hoping to hear some opinions from people who have done it, good or bad.

On a side note, it's Friday!!!!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Spanker,

I take 0.5mg dut twice weekly with propecia the other days and I'm happy and wouldn't change my regime.

On a seperate note I had a good chat with dr Lorenzo, about meds,and switching regimes. He was of the opinion, if you have a good regime,and it's working well, best not to mess with it as he's seen a few, that have lost ground because they tinkered to much with Mother Nature so to speak.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Spanker,

I take 0.5mg dut twice weekly with propecia the other days and I'm happy and wouldn't change my regime.

On a seperate note I had a good chat with dr Lorenzo, about meds,and switching regimes. He was of the opinion, if you have a good regime,and it's working well, best not to mess with it as he's seen a few, that have lost ground because they tinkered to much with Mother Nature so to speak.

That is good advice. I'll probably wait until fin is not working as well as I would like it to.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Has anyone had any major side effects while on Avodart?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Has anyone had any major side effects while on Avodart?

I had abit of brain fog I guess for a few weeks, but I cut down the dose and built it back up again. I originally was taking it daily which was too much for me. I've never had sides on propecia.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

im 10 months in - no noticeable regrowth - have compared using photos; no side effects; feel like ive lost ground.

What is your regime?

View Spanker's Website

0.5 ed. Also have added minox twice daily to frontal area, for about 4 months now.

Head itches like crazy most of the time although the derm said its dandruff.

Do you use the liquid minox? If so that is probably the cause of the dandruff and you might want to switch to the foam