How did you finance your fue/fut?

I had an appointment with a credit union in Ireland last week, I had only been with them for a few months but have over 1100 saved but wanted to get a loan of 3000 for my fue op which I hoped to get done at the start of Dec, so the women who " assesses" whether I'm a suitable candidate for a loan started asking me what I wanted it for.So without thinking I said for a nose operation in Turkey,so long story short she said she'd have trouble getting it passed cause "it's cosmetic,i'm not in full time employment,etc"( thoughts of another less than happy summer ahead,looking in mirrors, running from cameras ran throughout head :D .She said she would call me in 2 days and let me know.

The 2nd day came and the phone went and along came the words I knew were coming "sorry we just don't think it's a prudent loan,it's been unsuccessful" I just started coming out with all kinds of shite, saying i was appealing the decision and that she didn't treat me fair at the appointment, i also told her I have a deviated septum and i can't sleep at all,and asked her "don't people get loans for holidays,isn't my life threatening condition more important than a holiday". We came to an agreement and I ended up getting a loan haha the things us men will do for a new hairline,bring on summer 2014 :D

Well. I don't want to comment on your "white lies", but instead tell you what my thoughts was about the money aspect of my hair transplant. I've had 3 nose surgeries for my past as a boxer (FESS + 2 times septum deviation), and I've never been told that a septum deviation was life threatening ;-)

I started losing hair when I was around my 20's, and by then, I actually started my saving. I knew that one day or another, I was going to get a hair transplant, so 1 month ago, I paid in cash I've been putting to side for around 4 years.

We're talking about 3000 pounds, so it wasn't cheap. But as anything else in life, its a priority!

Saved half and put the remaining on a credit card. I pay a hundred bucks a month on it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Well. I don't want to comment on your "white lies", but instead tell you what my thoughts was about the money aspect of my hair transplant. I've had 3 nose surgeries for my past as a boxer (FESS + 2 times septum deviation), and I've never been told that a septum deviation was life threatening ;-)

A deviated septum may cause sleep apnea, a serious condition in which a person stops breathing during sleep.,so yeah even though it was a white lie it is a condition. She would have laughed at me had I of said it was for a very vain cosmetic op called a fue hair transplant.:)

I paid outright.

The only option I would've had for financing would've been opening a CC just for covering a portion of the transplant, or getting a loan. I didn't feel like opening a loan just for some hair and Dr. Feller charges an additional fee if you wish to place any balance on a Credit Card...so cashier's check it was.

Also did you fellas tell your Gf/wife about the huge expense or hide it from her? So far I have told no one and I don't think I am going too, not even my family.Its just one of those things I'll go through myself, hop on a plane few days in Turkey,few grafts, back on the plane, no one the wiser :)

I opened credit cards for each of my HTs with 0% offers I had received. Paid each off monthly by the time the offer expired (12-18 months). Helped me build a solid line of credit and get a solid head of hair. Just make sure you pay that bill monthly.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I opened credit cards for each of my HTs with 0% offers I had received. Paid each off monthly by the time the offer expired (12-18 months). Helped me build a solid line of credit and get a solid head of hair. Just make sure you pay that bill monthly.

Yes it's very important to make the payments on time.It doesn't matter if it's €80 or €280 a month, you never know when you might need it again.I could go out and spend it on a car etc, but I think having more confidence and feeling better will make you get out there and do whatever you want to do.

Also did you fellas tell your Gf/wife about the huge expense or hide it from her? So far I have told no one and I don't think I am going too, not even my family.Its just one of those things I'll go through myself, hop on a plane few days in Turkey,few grafts, back on the plane, no one the wiser :)

Well done for getting the loan. Who cares what bs you tell them as long as they give you the bloody money.

You said your not telling anyone, if you have a bird though, it's going to be very hard to keep it from her, unless you don't see her for a month.

What clinic are you going to in turkey.?

My advice is if you can't pay for it in full then you probably shouldn't consider yourself a candidate. A hair transplant is not a heart transplant. You don't need it, but it sure could be a nice improvement for some people. It is a luxury, not a necessity. If you can't pay outright then I think you should re-evaluate your priorities and finances. Going down this path can be very costly because hair loss is not something you can completely stop even with medication. You will need additional surgeries down the road. What if you are still paying off your first and now need a second? Or are having trouble paying for the costly meds? There are too many necessary life expenses that can pop up on us any day and if you are strapped for cash because of a cosmetic surgery then you will be in bad shape man.

If I was your friend I would tell you to just shave your head for now and continue to work and move up the totem pole in your career till one day you have the money and to reevaluate if you still want to do it.

My advice is if you can't pay for it in full then you probably shouldn't consider yourself a candidate.....

+1

Two thumbs up

I cannot agree more with what Patriot said. Don't go down the path of debt. It's "only" hair. Credit Card and Loans (in my opinion) is for emergencies only. This whole buy now - pay later (with interest!) mentality of people today angers me slightly.

The only exception is a mortgage and possibly a car. You can't really do without those two :)

Well done for getting the loan. Who cares what bs you tell them as long as they give you the bloody money.

You said your not telling anyone, if you have a bird though, it's going to be very hard to keep it from her, unless you don't see her for a month.

What clinic are you going to in turkey.?

Thanks, yeah exactly who cares as long as it is paid back.Trust me I will be doing cartwheels going in payin if off every week while the growth is coming in,unlike if I was to get it and spunk it away on a 2 week holiday in Ibiza!

My advice is if you can't pay for it in full then you probably shouldn't consider yourself a candidate. A hair transplant is not a heart transplant. You don't need it, but it sure could be a nice improvement for some people. It is a luxury, not a necessity. If you can't pay outright then I think you should re-evaluate your priorities and finances. Going down this path can be very costly because hair loss is not something you can completely stop even with medication. You will need additional surgeries down the road. What if you are still paying off your first and now need a second? Or are having trouble paying for the costly meds? There are too many necessary life expenses that can pop up on us any day and if you are strapped for cash because of a cosmetic surgery then you will be in bad shape man.

If I was your friend I would tell you to just shave your head for now and continue to work and move up the totem pole in your career till one day you have the money and to reevaluate if you still want to do it.

Thanks for your opinion but how do you know what I'll need down the road? I'm not borrowing Libya's deficit , my loan is €20 per week over 2 years I'm sure I can manage it.I'm not on any costly meds, I take beta sitosterol the odd day which I can get in the local health shop for cheap,which does the same as that poison propecia.I understand what your trying to say but I'm all for anyone that wants to improve themselves be it with learning a new language, new clothes, nose job or hair transplant, instead of pissing it against a wall and being a miserable git. :)

Thanks, yeah exactly who cares as long as it is paid back.Trust me I will be doing cartwheels going in payin if off every week while the growth is coming in,unlike if I was to get it and spunk it away on a 2 week holiday in Ibiza!

very true, or you could just borrow the money, have your ht, and then tell the loan company to go fcuk themselves and go on holiday to ibiza aswell to show off your new hair.

What clinic in turkey are you planning to go to?