My journey: Hair Transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan, 2400 grafts and PRP (08/10/2013)

Yaz89

Hi yaz, a great account of your operation with dr erdogan in istanbul and im torn between him and dr lorenzo at the moment....i guess the cost will be the deciding factor!

The last post i read about your numbness but you didnt get anymore replies from forum members or there have been no more updates. So where do you stand now and more importantly are you more than happy with your procedure, can you recommend dr erdogan? :)

Hi mate! I rate Dr Koray very highly. Prior my h/t, I researched all the well-known doctors for two years before deciding with Dr Koray. His prices are well reasonable and the pound/euro currency greatly reduced the final cost of my h/t. He has many results posted online. Dr Lorenzo also is a very good doctor and is one of the safest UK based surgeons (the private medical sector in the UK is a big joke). I can't really compare the two other than both are highly recommended, both have patients who are satisfied with their experiences. Price wise, I don't know the rate of Dr Lorenzo and it do you good if you contact them.

The numbness is still there but it doesn't really bother me. Most of it is in the transplanted area mainly in the frontal zone where grafts were placed between existing hairs. Hopefully once growth kicks in, numbness should subside. Nope, other forum members don't seem to be interested in my thread and it doesn't bother me; I am doing my bit and showing my experience with Dr Koray.

Of course I am very happy with my experience. Dr Koray and his team went the extra mile to accommodate me and I have decided to keep Dr Koray as my future doctor if I suffer future hair loss. The next update (month 3) will be on the 31st of December. Not much has happened apart I can see little hairs popping out and the previously bald areas appearing darker. If you have questions, do contact me.

Edited by Yaz89

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yaz, Great write up and choice with erdogan he has amazing results and I'm sure you will get the same !!

Thank you! Just playing the waiting game now. 10 weeks post op. Need to stop looking in the mirror too often lol

• 2 weeks later...
I hope all is going well, I am considering a HT in the next year or so. Might consider Dr. Koray

Hi ukbilla, everything is going smoothly, thanks. I will post my 3 month update on the 31st. Take it easy, do your research and then decide a surgeon. Us men have limited donor so use it wisely. It is a big life decision and it is something you want to get right the first time otherwise you will be losing money, time and valuable donor hair.

3 month update. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and wishing you all a happy new year!

I have reached the 3 month mark! Time has flown. I think I am out of the ugly duckling phrase. Transplanted area is still slightly warm and tender when touched. Sometimes I get a mad desire to itch the transplanted zone...this could possibly be new hair trying to pop out. Have experienced very little growth but can see some hairs in the previously bald areas. Very small, thin and whitey wisps. I am hoping for growth to kick-start soon. Images with flash and without. My left profile seems better than the right. The right side had the most hair loss. Hopefully will sort it self out the following months. I have been on finasteride for 3 months and hardly losing existing hair without any side-effects. I reckon I am a good responder to finasteride. Crown seems much thicker. Also I haven't had a haircut for 8 weeks now.

5b32dc7705ee1_Closeupwithflash.jpg.7a9cebc7d18461ca80cf98391031a607.jpg

5b32dc771880b_Closeupwithoutflash.jpg.c1475cbb77be70ced6743df146976006.jpg

Donor.JPG.2d7f2daa27c1b197742e1dd2d01306c8.JPG

5b32dc7739ae8_Frontalwithflash.JPG.1d99a2c46964347348a1ea1438a32b78.JPG

5b32dc774f30e_Frontalwithoutflash.JPG.34806f6ef89fbe4bc1279156fef11307.JPG

5b32dc775ddc3_Leftcloseupwithflash.JPG.e1f24774ea01db07d2147b037c73037e.JPG

5b32dc776d760_Leftcloseupwithoutflash.JPG.7d491063126f76cd8836ee5842aace2f.JPG

5b32dc777b176_Leftprofilewithflash.JPG.ea5206888d1c5791c01b07d1b66e254e.JPG

5b32dc779382f_Leftprofilewithoutflash.JPG.983476f09f561befa7f4df94bdafddad.JPG

5b32dc77a5cec_Rightcloseupwithflash.JPG.c552e93bcd04be21ce4d08f6e993bb33.JPG

5b32dc77b2c56_Rightcloseupwithoutflash.JPG.30b40e26ba5cf8356c6586b8e9c3b8fa.JPG

5b32dc77c30f6_Rightprofilewithflash.JPG.2bc2069b1e4160de1d35360d254875fd.JPG

5b32dc77d72bc_Rightprofilewithoutflash.JPG.23ca8687986c19d41423e7ecb050dc5b.JPG

Thanks Spanker. Indeed and I hope it will be. Spanker, I am worried that I may be slow grower. Whats your opinion from judging the photographs?

Looking good ! I go for mine on the 8th of January, getting anxious !

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Hey Scooter, thanks man! 8th January, not long to go then. You be just fine. Where are you getting your h/t done from?

hey everything looks good so far! you should see good growth in the next few months.

Unfortunately no one can really tell at this stage if you will be a slow grower.

For 3 months your pics look about right.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

hey everything looks good so far! you should see good growth in the next few months.

Unfortunately no one can really tell at this stage if you will be a slow grower.

For 3 months your pics look about right.

Thanks Splitting Hairs. From looking at other patients result and comparing their 3 month photographs to mine; most people have some significant growth. Well your right, everyone is different. Thanks, I have a little assurance now lol

Going with Dr . Arocha in Houston.

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

Going with Dr . Arocha in Houston.

I just googled him. Seems like a good doctor. Does he primarily focus on fut? As most of his results on his website are fut?

I chose Dr.Arocha, a Coalition Member here and he does both FUE and FUT,in my consolation,we agreed on a strip surgery of 3000 for the frontal zone and strengthen my hairline, and I'm so ready to get started !!

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

His results seem good! You will have a great new year mate. I think by doing FUT first is a great idea. Utilising and being stripped out first will help ensuring maximum use of the potential grafts. Later on if you require additional work then FUE would be the ideal choice. I wasn't too keen on FUT as I am fairly young and used to sport a short hairstyle. Well my donor and density is good for another procedure. Looking forward to reading your thread if you open one

Edited by Yaz89

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Yaz thanks for posting your experience with Dr Koray Erdogan, I'm looking forward to seeing your results in the coming months so keep posting!

I'm thinking of going with either Koray or Lorenzo as they both seem to get great results with the front hairline. Does Koray do all of the implanting or does he have his technicians do a lot of it? All the best with the new growth this year.

Hi Raman, Dr Koray is involved in every aspect of the surgery. During my surgery, the techs placed the grafts while Dr Koray made the incisions. Don't let this put you off as his techs are highly trained and have years of experience in the industry.

Nice documentation. It looks like you are exactly where you should be at this stage. I am 2 months out from my HT and I can relate to the sensations you've described in your recipient area. Mine isn't tender and warm to the touch, but it is still pretty numb and every now and then I'll get a dull prick of pain that quickly comes and goes. I'll also get a pimple or two that feel tender, but I apply warm compresses and they go away in a few days. I also wake up in the morning and the area is pretty oily. I figure all of it is a sign of activity. Good luck and grow well.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Your hair looks really good! I am counting down the days! 2 more weeks!

Hey Denny my friend! I was wondering you disappeared! Lol. Did you a good holiday? Hold on man, not too long to go now! Can't find to see your case on here.

Nice documentation. It looks like you are exactly where you should be at this stage. I am 2 months out from my HT and I can relate to the sensations you've described in your recipient area. Mine isn't tender and warm to the touch, but it is still pretty numb and every now and then I'll get a dull prick of pain that quickly comes and goes. I'll also get a pimple or two that feel tender, but I apply warm compresses and they go away in a few days. I also wake up in the morning and the area is pretty oily. I figure all of it is a sign of activity. Good luck and grow well.

Hi Since21! Congrats on your h/t. Were only 4 weeks apart then! It be interesting to see how we evolve lol. The recipient area feels really rough and warm at times. I am using the lotion Dr Koray gave me. It doesn't really bother but I been avoiding getting my head patted (I have too many aunts!). I have a oily head sometimes especially around the transplanted site. It can be due to lack of hair. The more hair, then the sweat/oils can get trapped in the hairs. Should go away once the grafts start growing. I am already thinking about lowering the hairline at the end of this year. I feel as its too high. Well only time can tell. If i am happy with my results then I won't get a second procedure.

Hi Since21! Congrats on your h/t. Were only 4 weeks apart then! It be interesting to see how we evolve lol. The recipient area feels really rough and warm at times. I am using the lotion Dr Koray gave me. It doesn't really bother but I been avoiding getting my head patted (I have too many aunts!). I have a oily head sometimes especially around the transplanted site. It can be due to lack of hair. The more hair, then the sweat/oils can get trapped in the hairs. Should go away once the grafts start growing. I am already thinking about lowering the hairline at the end of this year. I feel as its too high. Well only time can tell. If i am happy with my results then I won't get a second procedure.

I think the height looks good, Yaz. You'll want to save those grafts for future work in the mid-scalp and crown, if you need it, and to possibly add density to your hairline down the road. Mine is 7 cm from the mid-brow to the lowest point. Here's a good discussion about hairline heights:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/149969-hairline-height.html

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I understand. I merely just thinking about it. Well I don't have any hair loss at the moment. And I am also on proscar which should help. My hair loss only started due to severe depression which affected my hair. The depression was the culprit. No one in my family suffer from hair loss apart from my father who is a nw5. Thats only he has been ill since his late forties and is 60 now. My old man had shoulder lengthen hair before his health went downhill. I am only 25 and still young. Better now than later.

I just took these pics. What do you think?

5b32dcb5c80cf_photo1.jpg.e6b09c247d191ce0e43a3386166366fc.jpg

5b32dcb5d5b21_photo2.jpg.0d2d643cd9051c7dc69ee22cc699b77a.jpg

5b32dcb5ef10f_photo3.jpg.3914e9e4c5590f892494098d2c97a8e9.jpg

Edited by Yaz89

Hey Yaz89! I'm 3 months and 2 weeks post op. I'm out of the ugly duckling stage! I've been reading your posts, good luck and happy growing! I had my procedure done by Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. 2579 grafts FUE.