Large 2500-2800 FUE in one day. Disadvantages?

slugworth

Hey I posted this on another forum but Im hoping to get a response as quickly as possible as Id like to get back to the doctor.

Basically I have been consulting with one of the top European doctors and had been planning a 2 day session of 2500-2800 grafts. I asked for a cancelation to come up and his consultant told me he had a 1 day session free coming up soon and that he could fit me in do the whole thing in one day.

Im a bit confused by this as it seems like a lot to do in one day. Obviously it would be great as long as there are no drawbacks.

Can anyone confirm this is the case? Should I be worried at all? Will he not be really tired by the end of the day? :)

I assume he wouldnt offer it if it wasnt going to be fine, but I dont want the job to be left unfinished and then find I have to book another session in a years time. I also dont want it if its in any way inferior. Any thoughts?

for manual, it also depends if doctor is doing all the punching. the doctor im considering does all punching himself. anything more than 1500 -1600 grafts in one day in his opinion is too taxing on the patient but also the doctor. i tend to agree.

I have also heard the view that getting it done all in one day would be easier on the patient (not the doctor of course) because of the fact that the patient only has to be anaesthetised once and only suffers one "trauma". Dunno if thats true though