Any Dr. Hakan Doganay Patients?

Ne001

Hi everyone...

I think I am pretty close to booking with Dr. Hakan...

I've had a search around and seems everyone on here has had good experiences with him.

Just a few things that I'm hoping that maybe any of his patients can help me clear up.

I have been speaking to Mustafa from his office over email who has been answering all my questions so far.

He mentioned the following:

“The nurses will extract the grafts from the donor and load them into the choi implanter pens.

Then, Dr Hakan implants the loaded grafts into the recipient area with the help of some other nurses.”

1) Is this normal, for the nurses to do the extraction? Was this the same for any of you who had your ht’s with him?

2) It was estimated that I need around 3500 grafts… but the final amount can only be confirmed when I get there…

Was your estimates and final graft count pretty close or were they day and night apart? I'm trying to calculate the total cost.

3) I'm currently taking propecia, was told that I should stop a day before the surgery and then start again 3 days later for four months…Does that sound normal? Should I keep using it beyond the 4 month period? I have been using it for a year and 3 months and was told that anything gained from it would be lost if treatment was stopped… I'm therefore concerned that I may end up losing some hair after the ht if I stopped… anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hello, patient of Hakan's here!

1) Is this normal, for the nurses to do the extraction? Was this the same for any of you who had your ht’s with him?

It is normal that do this here, yes. The nurses did mine and there were no problems at all. Hakan's partner Dr. Ayhan oversees it all too.

2) It was estimated that I need around 3500 grafts… but the final amount can only be confirmed when I get there…

Was your estimates and final graft count pretty close or were they day and night apart? I'm trying to calculate the total cost.

I was quoted 2,000 grafts and received 2,000 grafts. They are all really nice and go out of their way to make you feel like you matter, so don't feel like they are going to rip you off or anything. I ended up being short by about 100GBP due to a charge on my card from currency transfers and they said it wasn't a problem and let me off no questions asked.

3) I'm currently taking propecia, was told that I should stop a day before the surgery and then start again 3 days later for four months…Does that sound normal? Should I keep using it beyond the 4 month period? I have been using it for a year and 3 months and was told that anything gained from it would be lost if treatment was stopped… I'm therefore concerned that I may end up losing some hair after the ht if I stopped… anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm not on on meds, nor did I take any so I can't help you here, sorry!

Hi Throwaway28925, thanks for the response.

OK cool… but dr hakan does actually do the incisions and insertion of the grafts, right?

I’ve read some good reviews from members on this forum about their experiences with him so am pretty sure of his credentials and work.

Just a little to-ing and fro-ing in my mind right now…

Suppose I just need to commit to it.

Yep, all incisions and insertions are done by him :).

No problem man, I wouldn't suggest going through with something until you are fully ready and committed to it. I'll PM you my blog :).

great thanks!

look forward to having a read through...

great, thanks guys...

did you guys have manual or motor...

any risk in going motor... i see a lot of results posted using motor and they look good...

any thoughts or concerns that you guys can share?