finally bit the bullet!

Well after about a year of researching and debating on whether or not to have a hair transplant, I finally went through with it yesterday. I feel like I should share my journey with everyone on here because of all the reassurance that was provided to me through this site. After narrowing my potential doctors down to just three, it was a touch decision but the lucky winner goes to.........Dr. Cooley.lol In all seriousness, I couldn't be happier with my decision. The whole day was very pleasant to say the least. It was a long day, but other than that, I couldn't be happier. Dr. Cooley and his staff were very professional, knowledgeable, and polite. They were always asking how I was doing and what not. They were concentrated on me the whole day.

I have read many concerns about people having hair transplants and the doctors not actually doing the work. I would say Dr. Cooley was involved in 90 percent of placing grafts and what not. If he was out of the room it didn't bother me at all. His technicians were completely capable of placing the grafts in my opinion. They were very knowledgeable and experienced. I kept asking questions and they were quick with answers;) When they were dissecting my hairs, I felt bad for them just staring into those microscopes all day, so occasionally I would ask them if they wanted to take a break but they were good to go.lol

With all that said, I ended up getting 2300 grafts to my hairline and temporal regions in a fut strip procedure. I also had acell in my donor scar and on the grafts. here are some before photos and one day post op photos. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some awesome results. time will tell:)

103.jpg.4b172459b1ab537f90a8b39fd0258d37.jpg

104.jpg.eab8483457dd1e1963eeec345a13d1b3.jpg

063.jpg.3f6b6bea47751a2e3731e3a36905dd82.jpg

064.jpg.c047031e1b0569220a7b3aa4be78ad74.jpg

067.jpg.d335b6686f805d29d7f5ebbc443a3f2f.jpg

Edited by losingmyhair123

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey yall. question? I'm seven days post op now. today was the first day I could take a shower and let the stream of water hit my grafts directly. my question is about shock loss. When I got out of the shower I noticed tons of hair in the sink. Is this normal to experience shock loss seven days post op? It's kinda scary.

Edited by losingmyhair123

Losing,

Congratulations! With regard to your question: This likely isn't shock loss. It is more likely shedding of the initial hairs attached to the now anchored/permanent follicular units. Shock loss could start as early as 10 days, but is more common in the 1-3 month period.

Good luck! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Losing-

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your recent procedure! You were in great hands with Dr. Cooley; the work looks very neat as always. I am looking forward to seeing updates from you and tracking your journey along the way!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Looking very good! hang in their with any shockloss etc, and don't let it get you down.

after another 2-3 days those grafts will permanent so also be careful about not scratching or bumping your head for another day or so.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Congratulations,looking good and very clean.I'm looking forward to seeing your progress,I believe your results will look great!The hard part is the wait,but it I am sure it will be worth it. Thank you for sharing.I'm re-educating myself on others progress as I gear up for my next procedure in 5 weeks.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

question yall? I was exactly 15 days post op and I wore a hat to a football game. I was wearing the hat fairly tight like i normally would. But today I noticed that a lot of the new grafted hairs fell out from the hat rubbing. I can actually see tiny single hairs in my hat. I know they say they are anchored at 7 to 10 days but im regretting my decision of wearing the hat. At 15 days post op, is this too soon for the hairs to be falling out? or do yall think i did damage to the grafts?? im kinda worried now.

013.jpg.8c5916662061400f6ac368f8859ddf43.jpg

losingmyhair123,

I doubt you did any damage. It's perfectly normal for the follicles to shed during this time.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am one month post op. dang, shock loss is really taking its toll. Hairs are falling out left and right. Most of the transplanted hairs have fallen out. My eyes might be playing tricks on me but I feel like some of the transplanted hairs are breaking the surface, I sure hope they are. sorry these pics aren't that good.

057.jpg.e48bb273dcdb93f19da2bdb0b0f3f44c.jpg

060.jpg.ece8839c73a6bac73669afce326216c9.jpg

065.jpg.fd98edfc5aa0d6b525dbe68be8438ae3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations on your decision to go ahead.

Like you, I have bitten the bullet and had an HT with Dr Jose Lorenzo on Monday/Tues 6/7 Jan 14. I cannot be more happier now I've done it.

I waited 3 years, observed and read many posts on this site re surgeon and patient reviews. As I've said, I chose Dr Lorenzo after a consultation last Sept. The man is a genius in my opinion, and so far, I'm very happy with what I've received.

Can someone help me decipher if these numbers are good or bad? I'm assuming 4's are the best? Unfortunately I didn't have any. Thanks

1-574

2-1124

3-539

total=2237

Congratulations ,I think your going to have a very nice hairline !

I think your count may be something like this

1's-574 = 574 hairs

2's-1124 = 2248 hairs

3's-539 = 1617 hairs

4439 total hairs

nice job,

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Sounds like normal or average thickness, remember the singles go in the hairline, and the more 3's and 4's you have the thicker the hair will be behind the hairline.

But it all looks good. Congrats again.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)