"From BALD to NOT" (2710 grafts) (California)

Paulygon

Toppik and dermatch maybe?

Normally people get 3k to give a light dusting in the frontal third. This has covered the whole head with pretty dense hair. I'd love to understand how this happened.

Or....I'm just jealous..you pick :)

Hey Guys,

Read posts #15 and #17 on pg. 2 of this thread for the detailed explanation.. short version of it is /No grafts put into the crown because I started the meds at the same time.. Doc wanted to see how well the crown responds to meds and he spent his session rebuilding the entire front hairline./

Actually, although I have Toppik and use it when I go out to social events often.. the pics you see on this website are without Toppik... It would be counterproductive to use Toppik and take pictures because the point of this whole aspect of my life is to push the limits of hair restoration and have the best results I possibly can, and lastly, to teach others what is possible.. after all, I learned alot in my younger years from people sharing their suffering online (as well as Spencer Kobren's radio show "The Bald Truth").

I think the important thing is that I kept the follicles alive during my years of hairloss (when I was younger, I had heard that is important from "The Bald Truth" radio program.. that's why you should start your meds earlier as opposed to when hair loss is in its more advanced stages..) and then during the time I was off (I had stopped meds for a period of time for personal reasons that I now think are stupid) and I lost alot of hairs. Doc had me, in additiion to transplant, go back on meds, most importantly Finasteride.. He did not put any into crown because he suggested that the crown seems to respond fairly well to meds. Nevertheless, I am thinking about an eventual 2nd HT procedure to transplant hairs into the crown.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Hi Mask,

I've meaning to get back to you also..

When I was going through his website photos, and researching different docs, I personally did not love the photos.. I was hoping for, and was optimistic for better results than those photos. Although I commend all those who allowed their photos to be on his website, and think that they are all positive results.. (I don't know the science of this, but) I thought my case was different because I felt like a good number of my follicles would still be alive... since I had taken meds for a period of time before... Even Doc Mohebi says my result is not a normal result for HT. It's based on a trifecta approach.. Fin + Minox + HT. I am sure I will go for HT #2 in the future for where their are density gaps (ie. my crown are). I drive a convertible now and the annoying thing is that my hair always gets messed up and the little comeover I my comeover attempts for the crown are rendered pointless after a short drive.

Regarding Mohebi's rates, I think your figures sound about right. However, he offers standby rates, which is was I took advantage of. They called me about a week before and told me they had a cancellation. Since I work from home, I only had to get out of work for 1 day and spent a couple extra days at the hotel they put me up in (they paid for just 1 night, I paid for an extra 2 nights) in Encino, CA and just enjoyed myself, albeit with some head bandages and a cap whenever I would go out to Starbucks or restaurants in the area.

So, for standby there was a pretty significant discount... In addition to that, after the 2500th graft there was an additional discount. I remember that I the extra discount price after the 2500th graft.. for the remaining 210 grafts. Personally, I probably would have opted for even more grafts at the extra discounted rate but I just trusted the doc and accepted his recommendation for # of grafts.

If I recall, my entire procedure (at the double discounted total) was not more than $8k. Easily one of the best investments I've ever made,

Mask, do you do SMP (micropigmentation)? Is your icon your true pic? If so, has that turned out well? I saw someone wiht that and he had amazing results. You should post some pics in your blog! Some people look REALLY good with that. Mohebi's clinic does that as well. What is your goal tho?

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

For one, he was not anywhere near a Norwood 7 - looking at his Before pics and comparing them to the Norwood scale, he was a weak Norwood 4 or a a strong Norwood 5.

2,700 grafts, most of them multi-hair, could have covered a lot of the frontal region, and a fair amount of the mid-scalp and crown could have been regrown using the meds he has stated that he responded well to.

Granted, the result does seem a bit fishy, considering I've seen, right here on these forums, less results on guys who got 3,000+ grafts done in similar situations. Maybe some Topik in there or something..?

Yes, I remember Mohebi diagnosed me as Norwood 5 or 5A during initial consultation.

At post-surg followup he said I had impressive results. Def no toppik used for pics because they are clinical pics. Yes to meds.

my graft breakdown:

1's: 327

2's: 1796

3's: 499

4's: 88

Grand Total: 2710

(I think 2's were used to build the front hairline..)

My regimen includes:

Fantastic results !

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

2700 grafts after 6 months, mmmmmmmmmmm im not sure I believe this, however if it is 100% real congratulations

5b32dc6f960a3_ScreenShot2013-12-30at7_49_27PM.png.b77380ac635274e1700da1c3b5de88cc.png

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Thanks to those with positive comments..

One more things I remember is that right after transplant I got on Minox and remember reading some anecdotal evidence that it may speed up growth of the new roots... not sure how much truth there is to that tho.

My regimen includes:

Yes, I remember Mohebi diagnosed me as Norwood 5 or 5A during initial consultation.

At post-surg followup he said I had impressive results. Def no toppik used for pics because they are clinical pics. Yes to meds.

my graft breakdown:

1's: 327

2's: 1796

3's: 499

4's: 88

Grand Total: 2710

(I think 2's were used to build the front hairline..)

Hmm, that makes sense with the breakdown; If you look at my first HT, you can see Dr. Gabel covered most of the front of my head with only about 1,775 grafts, and with an extra thousand grafts - the overwhelming majority of them being multi-hair grafts - one could surmise a fair amount of frontal and mid-scalp coverage.

Congrats on one hell of an amazing result, definitely a cut above the rest!