"From BALD to NOT" (2710 grafts) (California)

Paulygon

"Before pic" was the day I walked into the operation.

"After pic" was @ 1 Yr mark.

2710 grafts by double edge strip FUT.

Procedure performed @ Dr Parsa Mohebi's Encino, CA clinic in Oct. 2012

5b32dbb226dcd_surgeryday2.jpg.86a4e9a9b52394d7284750c5f38c5561.jpg

5b32dbb24436a_surgerydayforward.jpg.bb8934df4d1a9b361044440a6c8e70f8.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg.3d432919e76a84ea49530388b8dce7d3.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg.65db24efcab9f55ca00b2155bc84eaef.jpg

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Wow! Fantastic result. Thank you for sharing!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Frontal hairline looks fantastic. Since life is 360 degrees I think it's only fair to show all angles and scar or lack there of so that potential patients aren't mislead.

Anyway, I am very impressed with the hairline which had to be completely created from scratch. Are there any plans to go get the crown covered? Either way I'd say the patient got a significant improvement! My only request is that pictures from all angles be posted.

go to my site: Hair Restoration Journal for Paulygon - 6 months follow-up Appointment

I know I have all angles at least up to the 6 month mark. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

"Before pic" was the day I walked into the operation.

"After pic" was @ 1 Yr mark.

2710 grafts by double edge strip FUT.

Procedure performed @ Dr Parsa Mohebi's Encino, CA clinic in Oct. 2012

Excellent results. Congratulations, you must be looking like a different man now. Mine hair loss is similar to yours except that I am a diffused thinner. Hope I can also get similar results for 3000 grafts.

Congrats on the amazing transformation!

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Wow I literally have no clue how you got that much coverage with only 2710 grafts. Did you start on meds around the time of your transplant? I only ask because it looks like you left a fairly large portion of your crown untouched, but in the 6 month pictures it is filled in. Anyway you must be thrilled, this is one of the best results I've ever seen for the amount of grafts used.

Wow I literally have no clue how you got that much coverage with only 2710 grafts. Did you start on meds around the time of your transplant? I only ask because it looks like you left a fairly large portion of your crown untouched, but in the 6 month pictures it is filled in. Anyway you must be thrilled, this is one of the best results I've ever seen for the amount of grafts used.

My thoughts exactly... We in the HT community are a paranoid bunch, having been sold many scams and bills of goods in the past. However, it is generally known that the crown generally responds to meds way better than the frontal region, so after a year of Propecia and/or Rogaine it is possible to recover a lot.

In any case, amazing result!

My thoughts exactly... We in the HT community are a paranoid bunch, having been sold many scams and bills of goods in the past. However, it is generally known that the crown generally responds to meds way better than the frontal region, so after a year of Propecia and/or Rogaine it is possible to recover a lot.

In any case, amazing result!

I'd been on and off Finasteride and minox since 21 now (31). About 6 months before Hair Transplant I had stopped both my meds. Hair kept falling out like crazy, it was depressing.

I just felt like even with the meds, I had shitty hair.. I couldn't style the front because the front had sparse bad quality hairs... Thr hairs from the middle would comb over to my front... After about 6 months of not taking meds, I just buzzed my head to see what authentic me looks like... It was not pretty.

Then I

Well, when I got to do thr hair transplant I started the minox + Finasteride the same week as my procedure. This is important to know-- it was the trifecta approach that caused the crown to thicken (and maybe since I had recently been on meds earlier in thr year, I kept the follicles alive that would be thickening up in thr future?); if you look in my blog, as some of you have mentioned, the doc did not put any grafts in my crown. Reason was he wanted to see how much the meds would fill up the crown (as OtherSyde mentioned, the meds do a good job of that). This was good because Doc could use the HT session to build me a new hairline which I badly needed.

OtherSyde, I understand the justified paranoia... Ive been sold everything from Revivogen to Hair Club. Anyway, my story with hair loss goes back to when I was 21. I tried everything (including getting on and off the finasteried and minox for various reasons... and I was against transplants for the longest time, but now that I know a little more about the way hair loss works, and the know treatments we have, I embrace HT technology and concede that I will probably require a few strips and maybe 1-2 FUE sessions in my life. Now, just to make the money to allow that to happen.

Also, to the guy who said from old man to young buck..... THANK YOU! U made my morning :)

Yes, I get complemented by people a lot about looking so young.. It's kind of great hearing that alot... I never tell them my secret ;)

One last thing... I used to stigmatize hair transplants until one day it clicked to me that a hair transplant is about as cool as getting a tattoo. I personally don't care for a tattoo but to be able to design your own body ascetics.... That is cool... To put hair where you want it to be instead of the sides of your head.... You r in control... And that is cool. HT is the new tattoo. ( and SMP actually is a tattoo lol )

My regimen includes:

When I get time, I will put up more pictures from different angles that were taken at the doctors clinic. I know someone was requesting to see them.

My regimen includes:

Hi Paulygon,

Nice result. Did you have grafts put in the lower crown? Its hard to tell from your post op pics but clearly its looking good now.

Hi Levrais,

No grafts put into thr crown because I started the meds at the same time.. Doc wanted to see how well the crown responds to meds and he spent his session rebuilding the entire front hairline.

If you go to my blog u can see that at 6 months thr meds worked ok for my crown. But I think I will go back for another transplant to get the crown more filled in and maybe some more grafts around my hairline.

My regimen includes:

That makes more sense. Man you are one lucky SOB, you hit the HT lottery! You got one of the best results for the grafts used and had an amazing response to meds. Do you have the graft breakdown with number of hairs? I would imagine you had a high number of multi hair grafts.

• 1 month later...

I contacted my doctor's office and got the graft breakdown details:

1's: 327

2's: 1796

3's: 499

4's: 88

Grand Total: 2710

That makes more sense. Man you are one lucky SOB, you hit the HT lottery! You got one of the best results for the grafts used and had an amazing response to meds. Do you have the graft breakdown with number of hairs? I would imagine you had a high number of multi hair grafts.

My regimen includes:

@Paulygon This is mind blowing only 2700 grafts for that much coverage. I went to Dr. Parsa Mohebi website, saw the photo Gallery, in my 2 year research I have NOT seen with so few grafts that much coverage; class7 with only 3000, good coverage??

What is his prices? It states in his website, he charges $4.00/grafts and the rate will drop to $2/grafts for any grafts after 2500 grafts in large cases. Did I mistakenly read? Is this for FUT or FUE?

Looks fishy to me.. how come it looks like you didn't get any grafts done on the crown but yet the the 6 months pics shows a full head of hair? LoL

^^ That ^^

For one, he was not anywhere near a Norwood 7 - looking at his Before pics and comparing them to the Norwood scale, he was a weak Norwood 4 or a a strong Norwood 5.

2,700 grafts, most of them multi-hair, could have covered a lot of the frontal region, and a fair amount of the mid-scalp and crown could have been regrown using the meds he has stated that he responded well to.

Granted, the result does seem a bit fishy, considering I've seen, right here on these forums, less results on guys who got 3,000+ grafts done in similar situations. Maybe some Topik in there or something..?