Agenteye- 11 Month's Post-Op Photos- 4737 FUT transplant with Dr. Rahal

agenteye

I honestly can not believe almost a full year has passed since my procedure in Ottawa. What a crazy and awesome adventure/experience the whole thing has been.

First off, my apologies to everyone for not being super active and posting these photos last month when I took them. Sometimes life just gets in the way…..and on top of some family things that came up, I am back in school full time….and it’s really taking a lot to keep that 4.0 GPA up! =) Maybe I’m just an over-achiever!!

There haven’t been too many changes really from about 10 months on to now….however I do notice that my transplanted hair is finally “maturing”, and that the wavy/curly hair that started to come through is finally straightening out, and is much easier to style again. Although I’m going to miss the curly hair a bit, I’m happy at the same time that I have my original hair back.

As far as the current state of my hair, I am extremely pleased with how it all turned out. On a scale of 1-10, I would rate my success a solid 8……and not a 10 ONLY because the hair greed has set in, and I really won’t be fully happy until I have my second procedure with Dr. Rahal next year……there are still a few thin areas we didn’t address the first go-around, and I want to have some density added to my mid-scalp and crown…..maybe a slight addition of follicles to my temples as well. But otherwise, there is no doubt that this made a tremendous difference, and the whole aesthetic look of it all easily shaved 10 years off my age!! WOOHOO!!

I finally updated my phone last month, so these photos are taken on my new iPhone 5s, instead of the 4s (which the first 10 months were snapped with). The photos were taken in the living room of my friend’s apartment, under the harshest and brightest light I could find…….and taken without a flash of any sort. There is a tiny bit of hair “wax” in my hair for product….and I think I pretty much found the length I like the best. I really like my hair short-ish on the sides and longer on top (as seen in the photos below). I tried to snap several different angles to show you the “full tour” of around my head. I honestly think my hair looks better in person than it does in photos as well…..so you could say that I am very excited about the outcome. The photos were taken 11 months and 2 days from the date of my procedure, although I’m just 2 days short of my one year mark……so these are a little late to make it up here on the forums!

Since I will be taking one year photos, I will save my big post for that milestone…..and end it here for now. As always, please feel free to comment/ask questions/provide general feedback…..I’ve gotten a lot of messages, and it’s really great to hear the encouraging words.

Here is a link to my 11 month post-op photo album:

AGENTEYE- 11 MONTH POST-OP PHOTOS

Looking forward to posting my 1 year update in the next week…….

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Looking good man. Best part of the photos is the Battle Star Galactica photo in the back. I really dig the lady in red. :-)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Damn looking good! What guard did you use on the sides? It looks pretty short and I'm kind of amazed your scar is invisible, pretty awesome!

Thanks a million Great! It's actually not nearly that short.....I used a 4 guard on the sides; although my cousin does hair for a living and said that the particular clipper set I use to cut my hair probably is an equivalent of a 3-guard in other clipper sets. I used an 8 on top, which she said is the equivalent of a 6 in other sets......And I really need my hair for the Winter here (it gets cold here), but when the weather warms up a bit I'll buzz my hair down really short to share the scar outcome with the forums. I think it is really small and barely noticeable!!

Spanker, it's a great poster buddy!! I know I can't compete with a pretty lady in red.....I should have used another backdrop!! :rolleyes::D

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

agent you look great! Did you use the proscar before or you started with the procedure?

Hi there. First off, thank you for the compliment! It is appreciated! :) I have been on Proscar for about 4 years.....so definitely used it to stabilize my hair loss before I ever even thought of a hair restoration. It is now part of my daily regimen!

Thanks a million to everyone else too for the nice words. It means a lot!

Best,

Mike

Hi there. First off, thank you for the compliment! It is appreciated! :) I have been on Proscar for about 4 years.....so definitely used it to stabilize my hair loss before I ever even thought of a hair restoration. It is now part of my daily regimen!

Thanks a million to everyone else too for the nice words. It means a lot!

Best,

Mike

You look like a million bucks mate! Great work you must be ecstatic! Its great that you used propecia from before cause that means that this is all hair transplant hair that made all this difference. Sometimes we just don't know how good a propecia responder a guy is if he started propecia along with the hair transplant so we can't really be sure what percentage of difference the transplant made or propecia.

You look like a million bucks mate! Great work you must be ecstatic! Its great that you used propecia from before cause that means that this is all hair transplant hair that made all this difference. Sometimes we just don't know how good a propecia responder a guy is if he started propecia along with the hair transplant so we can't really be sure what percentage of difference the transplant made or propecia.

I totally understand that. I wasn't one of the lucky ones who grew a bunch of hair back when I started the Proscar.......I was just able to preserve some of my native hair by starting on it when I did. Dr. Rahal filled in what I had already lost to return me to a level that I was at in my mid-twenties. Now, just one more future procedure to hopefully add a couple thousand more grafts for density, and I will be one completely happy man!! :D

Looking good. How old are you?

I will be 33 in a few weeks. :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone for the nice words. I appreciate it! :D

Best,

Mike

Can't!!! Thanks as always buddy! I appreciate your nice words as usual.....and you are almost 4 months out from Round 2 now!! Can't wait to hear all about it.....I bet your hair looks terrific. Looking forward to seeing some photos at 6 months!

Cheers!!

Mike