Hi, I started losing my hair when I was 18 and started using rogaine in my early 20s. My hair loss really damaged my self esteem so I had a HT last year. I had been saving for years and am not happy with the results. Just wondering has anyone else had a similar negative experience? Contemplating going for a consultation with a new dr. Any advice welcomed :) thanks

Use this site to find patients with hair similar to yours and learn from their experience. Also, start researching doctors on here and find who would be the best fit. Make a list of the things that bother you the most and concentrate on addressing those. Sometimes for a good job you will have to travel. Unfortunately there are far too many run of the mill clinics out there that will jack you up and you should only trust your hair to someone with proven case results and happy patients.

Research as much as possible and stay connected to the community.

Hi,

Thank you for your responses. I found them really helpful. I've been looking at some of the doctors and am feeling more positive :)

I've done some research outside this forum and saw some comments about scars, hair loss and unnatural looking growth. Is there any information on this forum about that? I'm determined to get all the facts before getting more treatment.

Pictures? I'd love to say my self esteem has recovered enough to post some pictures but if I did I'd be lying. How long did it take for you to be ready to share your pictures?