3,553 FUE with Dr. Jose Lorenzo

Gotime

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for another quick update don't think there is any visible growth yet, though in a couple areas I do see some small hairs coming through (I think this might be growth but not sure). Haven't had a haircut yet, but will finally get one this week. Seems like much longer than three months since I had surgery, and I think my hair is pretty much back to pre-surgery length. I'm amazed at how my donor area looks completely untouched. Taking Dr. Lorenzo's recommended vitamins, but other than that not paying much attention to my hair anymore - just hoping for the best and waiting...

5b32dd2a40da2_3mosback.jpg.dd93d7ac25541f25d58a9bd9f9f7d3fe.jpg

5b32dd2a578c4_3moscrown.jpg.511e19517bfa268e6c79551b9f7bd8d2.jpg

5b32dd2a8a70a_3mosside1.jpg.c68c5e5ecf9a23d941f829ffb6d7a173.jpg

5b32dd2aaa5d4_3mosside2.jpg.6eb9eaccd16ca4cac6cb981277869a42.jpg

5b32dd2ac1569_3mostop.jpg.8469029442feb2d21332542c1dacd023.jpg

Looks like a fairly minimal time to be back to where you were - and from now on it's only going to get better. Have you used any concealer (Toppik etc) in the last few months? Has anyone who didn't know made any comment or guessed.

I'm considering getting a HT, also going with Lorenzo, and I'm wondering if I could get away without telling anyone. Certainly anyone at work, anyway.

I think it looks really good even now. Lots to look forward to, you will notice things kicking in very soon.

There will be growth there but because you are seeing it every day you might not notice as much.

Edited by Readytodoit
spelling

Hey newbie33 - thanks for the comments I have not used any concealer, although I'd guess if you did that would really make it hard to detect. I had a few comments on the short haircut right after I went back to work, but I was able to explain the short cut. There was a group of us from work running running one of those obstacle races called the "Spartan Race", a number of people cut their hair short for the race so most people just assumed I did the same. I will say you get used to the short hair pretty quickly and it's so easy to take care of I didn't really mind.

Also, if you are considering going with Lorenzo I would not hesitate too long, I think he's only going to be in Manchester through the end of summer, maybe September. Then he's back to Madrid and the waiting list will be a year or more. I know I tried to get in to see him in Spain and couldn't do it, I feel really lucky to have caught him in Manchester. I'd check in with Mick at Farjo about availability just to know your options.

Hey Ready, been awhile hope all is well with you, you're ahead of me how's the growth coming for you? I agree there probably is a little bit of growth, I feel some stubble coming in just not very noticeable. Finally went and got a haircut this weekend pretty happy with how it looks now. Hope everything is going well for you.

Hi Gotime,

I am just a few days after surgery with Dr. Lorenzo and have been following your case intensely since it was one of the first posts to introduce me to the doctor. In fact my new hairline is a very similar design to yours. (I am 3401 grafts, with similar temple point and hairline design). I am very happy so far and enjoying my time off :) Ill make my own thread with photos soon...

I have to admit though the main thing I am worried about now is going to back to work! Both yourself and I have strong temple points so I am little worried about people noticing redness there more than anything else since its so well defined! Did anyone say anything about redness when you first went back? Did you have to say you had sunburn or anything like that?

Congratulations slugworth, you are in for the worst part over the next few months, but I'd suspect you'll get a great result with Dr. Lorenzo once you get through the ugly duckling phase. The redness is the one thing that has lasted for me. After my recent haircut I think I look completely back to my previous look except for the redness in the temple areas, and maybe a lighter redness in the hairline. A lot of the hairs in the temple area never fell out for me which helps cover it. No one at work as really asked about it because the short hair I think was a bigger shock and then people just get used to seeing you the way you now look. Also as my hair grew out I sort of pushed it forward over the temple areas as well.

Thanks for the reply Gotime. And for the advice. I had thought Dr Lorenzo would be there for longer - unfortunately there's little chance I'll do it before September. But I'm not in any rush, so I'll hang on in there. May go for a consult while he's over here all the same.

Happy growing - I'm sure your result will be a belter!

• 3 weeks later...

Hit four months today, time really flying by now. My hair is pretty much back to normal, it seems to have thickened up in the front a bit, crown is coming along slower but I can feel feel some small hairs back there. Still a little red on the temples but not bad. Here are some pics I took today.

back.jpg.a3fedd67df2f2ff8b473f124b6497b94.jpg

crown.jpg.b3f3f2a13b6ec6c8fca983b8499f588f.jpg

front.jpg.d9fb77d8ac0b11f41c6683f772e48c50.jpg

5b32dda4d2e68_side1.jpg.455233a1a822b6513085c94e3f39815c.jpg

5b32dda5135e0_side2.jpg.a712519d8a6884f02cd1f2c4981f675a.jpg

Looks like you're coming along just fine, looking good.Thanks for the update

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Very good progress, keep going! I considered Farjo aswell but were out of my price range unfortunately. Might go with them for my 2nd HT in 12months time. Just two questions if you dont mind?

1. How soon did you go to the gym? And did you do full-intense worksouts? I do a lot of cardio and sweat a lot from my head so I need to get back on that asap after my HT

2. How many days after the HT were you forced to sleep on your back? And how soon after the HT were you able to put water/shampoo on your head?

Thanks for your time :)

Looking GREAT. I wish I had the money to go to Dr. Lorenzo. I talked to him a few years back when he was still in Spain but wasn't ready to take the leap at that point. I dream of seeing him now but just don't have the funds. Congrats on your experience, and like some others have said you are looking better than pre-op now. It might be hard for you to tell unless you take a look at some old pics but things are looking great! congrats!

Hi LFC - going to the gym was one of my biggest reasons for choosing FUE, I'm in the gym lifting and doing cardio at least 5 days a week and I was back doing a full work out at day 11. I had no issues at all with sweating hard and working out. You put water shampoo on your head the next day, by day 10 you've hopefully cleared all the scabs away. Dr. Lorenzo gives you post op instructions that say something like "all the questions that begin when can I? Answer is 10 days". The only things you have to wait on is swimming which is one month for a pool and two months for the ocean I believe and also five months of not lying out in the sun. I would say I slept on my back for the first 10 days to be sure everything was good but not sure if that was required. Hope that answers the questions!

Thanks for the compliments everyone and magnum I think you're right the progress is slow and less perceptible to me as I'm looking at myself everyday, but I can clearly see it's much thicker on top.

• 4 weeks later...

Time flying by now, crown seems to be slightly filling in (or maybe wishful thinking) but I think it looks a little better. Very happy with how the top and front are starting to fill in. I know it's still early so looking forward to the next few months, will try to continue to make the monthly updates. I appreciate all the comments and help I've received.

Back.jpg.fef2895e6002f3d20fde23f852527a12.jpg

Crown.jpg.0a6008a515d35ca93e151986c41a43f1.jpg

Front.jpg.c94b13bb37f4fda15737c95cd9fa79ff.jpg

5b32de59a6da7_Side1.jpg.7893fc35e00fd1339bf7e367b43e1283.jpg

5b32de59b8e81_Side2.jpg.a4a37f00f500c2f249be55fb46dcc5a8.jpg

Top.jpg.276038e67844ec0cd091a017e2d10a5d.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Following on from my private message requesting you're pics, I found your post re op and pictures (obviously I am on it).

Thanks for putting it out there, they are really helpful posts.

I have indicated to Mick from Fargo I am good to go for Dr Lorenzo hopefully sometime in the next 5-8 weeks.

I am flying from Australia which is a big flight but like everybody you got to go with who you feel comfortable with.

Hoping I they can slot me in somewhere, I think bookings are fairly sparse as Dr Lorenzo is heading back to Spain in September. Really keen to see you latest Pics it looks like a top job.

Tomorrow will be 7 months, time really going by quickly now. Took some pics at the office today and so here they are. I'm very happy with the front, the crown is coming in slower not sure if that is normal or not, but overall I'm really happy. My donor looks untouched to me and everything coming in very natural. Just hoping the crown fills in more, not sure at what % of growth I'm at by month 7 but I'm expecting/hoping crown will thicken up by the 1 year mark. I should also say, the people who know I had it done think the crown looks much better but that's the one area that still sticks out to me.

Galleons & Hairlosssnob - hope you both get in to see Lorenzo (I know his time in Manchester is coming to a close) was very happy with everything as my thread states, any specific questions just let me know.

front.jpg.f3f4a2175739e9fbfe94fc9650e55334.jpg

back.jpg.e7e1a16563b4fa84c4b3ad83b5e873ef.jpg

crown.jpg.2de50b4da93ac06c61b3942dfe77da76.jpg

5b32df917a3cf_Side1.jpg.0d7a0d40204892e7b44a4df0cf3695e5.jpg

5b32df9185ed7_Side2.jpg.e4a44a53814037a3960981ae7065ce9b.jpg

Crown takes long Gotime. Looks really good.:cool:

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Tomorrow will be 7 months, time really going by quickly now. Took some pics at the office today and so here they are. I'm very happy with the front, the crown is coming in slower not sure if that is normal or not, but overall I'm really happy. My donor looks untouched to me and everything coming in very natural. Just hoping the crown fills in more, not sure at what % of growth I'm at by month 7 but I'm expecting/hoping crown will thicken up by the 1 year mark. I should also say, the people who know I had it done think the crown looks much better but that's the one area that still sticks out to me.

Galleons & Hairlosssnob - hope you both get in to see Lorenzo (I know his time in Manchester is coming to a close) was very happy with everything as my thread states, any specific questions just let me know.

Hi,

your crown is ok to me. You're having outstanding results and you are not even close to 12 months. Nice Hairs and smart hl design.

I'd like to see Lorenzo in person, i'm impressed!!

Is he in Madrid or Manchester?

Appreciate hearing I have a ways to go before crown fills in, good to know I've got more to look forward to. Lateatnight - yes I agree it's been a great result, Dr. Lorenzo was fantastic. I saw him in Manchester in Nov 2013 and I believe he will be in Manchester until September 2014 - after that you'd have to try Madrid.