FUE doctors Midwest

Hey gang I'm a noob- I'm attaching some photos for your advice on a) what scale I am? ( Norwood 3a-3v?

Also, I HEAVILY considering FUE and Propecia treatment and would like any feedback and comments. I would prefer a doc in the midwest as I'm in Indiana.

I LOVE this site and would sincerely appreciate any advice.

FYI- I have not tried any medications

5b32dba37c84a_hairbacknorwood3-3a.jpg.6743f8c45c3e4a19779584d273642559.jpg

front.jpg.ca89e9328c9e458ca45cc04aaf5d7633.jpg

5b32dba3a6257_side2.jpg.027f42d75c64f5e60644dfd5a9fdc6d0.jpg

5b32dba403f36_side1.jpg.7a2695c026fe5161a12aeeda6e6ee126.jpg

Your hair looks great and full and there is no reason to undergo surgery if you can get fixed by medication. If I were you, I would start Propecia + Rogaine immediately, and reconsider surgery in a year or two. Because you are in the early stages you can get great results, including regrowth.

I wish the medication was available when I was at your stage of MPB.

Edited by abcd0000

Propecia and Rogaine will not do anything for your hairline recession. They could help you hold onto what hair you have. How old are you? What's your family history?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I'm 39 started as a Norwood 2 at 32... Mother's side -none at all from her parents.

Biological father was passed me by early 30's

Should I start the regimen to at least stop any progression or is advisable to consider a fue plus ?

I have some odds of some regrowth- so shouldn't I check that first?

?.in the music industry...Iook very young... have to stay that way ;-)

Do you play rock music? If you have a guitar I think u need nice hair and a skinny frame.

Then u can b a rock star.

If u lose UR hair, u have to change to hip-hop, latin, techno or extreme dance genre. It is against the law to play guitar.

The Beatles weren't bald for a reason. Nor Elvis. Moby, on the other hand...

I'd recommend getting long hair loss prevention meds first to see if they work. Your current hair loss is minimal and the meds could retain status quo and possibly regrow some of the lost hairs. I disagree that the meds don't do any good to the hair line. I've seen it work on many patients.

Thanks for the reply- I did consult with a preferred surgeon in GA...

They said a FIT that would require no more than 1200 grafts. Honestly that doesn't sound like a lot.

I agree that the 'stop the loss part and see what happens methodology' is a great first step.

Yes, I'm a guitar player and a sideman for a successful artist national TV etc. The business is a very AGE related type. I'm around a lot or 24-27 yr olds!

Here's my new haircut and NO beard ha!!

530c0fcf-040f-40fa-b274-41840748ed48_zps9914971c.jpg

I think your hair looks amazing. Although I started losing my hair when I was like 12-13 years old so I guess it's all relative. I generally consider anyone who is around a NW 2 as having a full head of hair. You're at an age where you could probably get away with a fairly aggressive hairline, I would be highly surprised if you progressed to an advanced norwood level, but I would suggest giving finasteride a try just in case your hairloss accelerates.

I think your hair looks amazing. Although I started losing my hair when I was like 12-13 years old so I guess it's all relative. I generally consider anyone who is around a NW 2 as having a full head of hair. You're at an age where you could probably get away with a fairly aggressive hairline, I would be highly surprised if you progressed to an advanced norwood level, but I would suggest giving finasteride a try just in case your hairloss accelerates.

12-13 seriously? I hope you are kidding. I'm feel like a guy that needs to lose 20lbs and complains about it, and other people need to lose 200 so they don't die.

I do wish that finasteride was something guys spoke about openly and to anyone ( which is most of us) that will have MPB at some point, know there are simple therapies out there.