Laser Treatment

JH

I always thought that laser therapy was simply quackery...

However, I've been conducting research and so many CLAIM it works. I'm nowhere near convinced even now. It also seems to be that the makers of these devices are really making a killing on us. Their high prices really dissuade me from giving them my money to give it a try.

That has led me to do some investigation. I see that true lasers of the same wavelength and amperage can be had on ebay for about $60 for 70 lasers. I know that I would easily pop these into a styrofoam dome, hook up a power supply and be able to safely sit under the hideous contraption for probably no more than a $100 total investment (compared to their $3000 cost and probably incredibly high in doctor office 'treatment' cost). I think could make the brush for about $10 (compared to the $400-$800 they seem to cost) It would all be pretty ugly but hell, it's the same exact stuff, same result. To poach and paraphrase, "It's the lasers stupid"

I'm putting this out there to get some feedback. Would anyone else be interested in any of these units? Either the standalone or a brush for cheap? If the demand is there, maybe I can get to work...

Cheers,

J

Konftec has an interesting page comparing all of these solutions. They guys are obviously engineers not sales/marketing guys...their comparison page contains some good technical info.

My take away from all the research is this....the 'Laser cap' for example has 224, relatively low power, commercial grade (5 mW) lasers. These are the 70pc laser set I found on ebay for about $18 USD. That means we could each probably make a DIY laser cap for $18/70*224=$57 plus another estimated $30 for a battery pack and charger (maybe add $20 for a solder gun). Compare this to their $3000 cost!!!

Shall we compare?

DIY 'laser cap' kit = $87-$100

The "Laser Cap" = $3000 (plus tax?)

**outside link removed**

I'm not trying to promote or sell Konftec (which also seems stupidly expensive) but here's the URL:

**outside link removed**

Edited by Future_HT_Doc