Smoking and HT ?

HI,

-I heard that smoking accelerate the hairs's cycle and the MPB hairloss,but also the hairs's cycle in the donor area . If I stop smoking before and after my hair transplant, does the transplanted grafts from the donor aera will stay many years? or will they fall in 1,2,3 years because of the smoke? How fast does the smoke can accelerate the cycle of a hair from the safe zone? Does it accelerate the cycle as fast as the MPB?

Really anxious about that, i smoke for ten years, and im so afraid that my donor area hairs's cycle is destroy, and that i can't go for an HT and also that i can become almost completely bald like in chemiotherapy.

Do you know guys that smoke who had long term successfull HT?

Does the hair cycle in the donor aera will slow if i stop smoking? Or is it a irreversible processus?

Sorry for all these questions, but Im really losing hope since i knew the damages of tabacco on hair follicle.

Hope some transplanted guys here could share their story of smoke and HT:

Have you had any problems?

How many years does the grafts are on your head?

What your donor aera look like?

Many thanks in advance! and sorry for my english, im french.

cordially

I don't smoke and I think Future HT Doc or Dr Charles etc. will better answer your question in detail, but this could be a good opportunity to give up smoking if you are serious about getting your hair back.

The money you save on giving up smoking you can use to buy more shampoos and styling products after the new hair grows in.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)