truth be told...

its been 11 years since I had this widows peak. it even more worst cause I have a big forehead. lol it got so bad, 5 years ago, I just started shaving my head. I don't have a nice shape head either.. I always acted like loosing hair never bother me in front of my friends and peers. but it did.. so for my 37 bday, since the company I work for got bought out, I can either rollover my 401k, leave it with the old company, or withdraw. take a wild guess.... :D I am gonna withdraw.. figuring there not much money in it anyways, probably just 19,000 and after penalties..hopefully I can walk away with 13,000..

I told a couple of my friends what I plan to do, which is get HT.. they look at me crazy, but they don't know how it feels like to be loosing hair. I knoe that a 401k is for my retirement and I shouldn't withdraw.. but I prefer to have my hair again.. lol no car, or house, could make me has happy as that.

so after going on youtube, google, and here.. I realize... damn there is so much stuff I didn't knoe.. fue or fut.. scares of white pimple.. 2 doller grafts or 13 doller grafts.. this doc or that doc.. one thang forsure though, if I haven't ran across this site..i probably would just went to bosley..:eek: after readin the reviews on them, I deceded not too..

when I was 25, I went to vegas..got a tattoo for no reason..didn't research the tattoo place, or have any idea what tattoo I wanted... bad bad bad mistake.. guy there did a bad job.. probably one of my worst mistakes..

so hopefully my HT goes better. as of now, been trying to eat healther, workout, quit smoking and drinkin so heavy.. for when I find the rite doctor..i want my body to be able to grow the transplanted hair... I think I read somewhere online...drinkin and smoking kills hair..

soooo.... if anyone is reading this.. one question........

AFTER HT.. DO YOU GOTTA TAKE HAIR TREATMEANTS FOREVER??? or just until the transplanted hair grows?? I am guessin my hair is like my grandfather norwood 3 and that's it..

Hok,

What treatments are you referring to?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

HOK,

For most men, hair loss is progressive. For example, a 30 year old Norwood II or III may very well progress to a V, VI or even VII in some cases. Thus, it's important that anyone (especially younger patients) take steps to medically stabilize their hair loss in order to preserve their existing hair for as long as possible.

To answer your question then, most reputable hair transplant surgeons will recommend that patients who choose to undergo surgery use Rogaine (minoxidil) and/or Propecia (finasteride) indefinitely. Does this mean forever? Yes, for the foreseeable future until a better option comes along. At the moment, these two drugs are the only clinically proven and FDA approved medical hair loss treatments for androgenic alopecia.

Using these treatments is not mandatory but those who choose surgery without drugs should understand the risks of advancing hair loss and what that means in terms of subsequent procedures and the potential for running of donor hair to address future balding.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I should add, given that you suspect your hair loss may mirror your grandfather's, that this is certainly a possibility. If I can go by your birth date in your profile, you are in your late 30's? It's very possible that you have already experienced the majority of your hair loss. A miniaturization study can help predict just how far your balding may progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hair loss is unpredictable, but as I have stated before, if you think of all of the people that you have known over the years, MOST aggressive hair loss begins in a persons 20's I believe. I don't know anyone personally that was a NW2 at 30 and a NW5 at 40, at least not personally. Finasteride can really prolong a nice head of hair and I recommend it for people suffering from MPB, even if it is a lifetime treatment.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

i see your point. if i woulda started using rogiane/finasteride when i was 26, at the start of my hair loss..i probably would still have more hair now. meaning 11 years later.

and after a HT, its a safe guard to try to as much hair as i can.

thanks.

• 1 month later...