Question about growing hair on scar [PIC]

Good Morning Everyone.

I found this forum after doing some research into hairloss.

A brief history of what I am talking about:

Around the end of August, I had a cyst removed from my head. I thought the hair would grow back as it looked fine immediately afterwards. Unfortunately I developed a keloid scar where the incision is.

My questions are:

1) Is there a chance that hair will regrow on its own?

2) What is the best procedure to restore the hair if need to restore it at a doctor's? Please keep in mind that I do develop keloids.

3) Cost of treatment?

Please see the attached picture. The hairless area is around the size of a dime.

gXVvX0W.jpg

This may be small but it is especially noticeable as it is on the back of my head and there is a sharp contrast.

It could just be shock loss so I would give it a couple more months. If a procedure is required, I believe the keloid must be treated first and then FUE into it. It won't take many grafts, maybe 60, and might cost around $500. I don't know if keloids will form on FUE scars.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any additional input on treatment methods?

I looked up doctors near me that can potentially perform a procedure to reduce the scar. I am located in DE. Are there any recommendations for doctors?

I have searched quite a while for solutions but have not found one for keloids. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Check out Dr Wesley or True and Dorin in New York.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.