H&W/NuYuInk Hair Thickening Procedure

So last week was the 2013 ISHRS Conference in San Francisco. I went to help present some surgical patients for Dr. Wong but I also spent a lot of time in the booth set up by Beauty Medical. Before the show I had our tricopigmentation tech, Carmen, fill in HALF of my crown so that all attendees could see a side by side comparison of what SMP can do for a thickening effect.

http://youtu.be/5LrQudyworA

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

This is very interesting Joe, thanks for posting!! So they can do the procedure without shaving down, that is very good. I just might have to consider this, it might be able to hold me over for awhile until I can afford another HT procedure.

Very nice cosmetic affect.

What is the pricing for this, is it recommended for the frontal third, and how long does it last?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Nice effect! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

So last week was the 2013 ISHRS Conference in San Francisco. I went to help present some surgical patients for Dr. Wong but I also spent a lot of time in the booth set up by Beauty Medical. Before the show I had our tricopigmentation tech, Carmen, fill in HALF of my crown so that all attendees could see a side by side comparison of what SMP can do for a thickening effect.

NuYuInk Crown - YouTube

Interesting thing, thanks for sharing, Joe.

What I am thinking is that if I do not have good donor area, I can at least have FUE to create hairline and then use SMP for the rest of my head. Anyways, I am still researching and will take my time. I have posted few pics of hair loss in my album, I am looking to come up with few questions in this forum soon. Hope they will be answered by people who have vast experience with HT.

How good is this? Absolutely brilliant IMO.

And the color is fantastic. It will fade quickly. The advantage of temporary is surely the color match. It has brown in it. Permanent cannot do this as far as I can tell.

Funny how everyone said you have to buzz to zero! Fantastic result.

How good is this? Absolutely brilliant IMO.

And the color is fantastic. It will fade quickly. The advantage of temporary is surely the color match. It has brown in it. Permanent cannot do this as far as I can tell.

Funny how everyone said you have to buzz to zero! Fantastic result.

I don't see why they can't color match with permanent, regular tattoo artists can tattoo and blend any color imaginable, not sure why they can't do it with permanent smp unless I'm missing something.

I don't see why they can't color match with permanent, regular tattoo artists can tattoo and blend any color imaginable, not sure why they can't do it with permanent smp unless I'm missing something.

Good point Great Job, ( Now that rolls off the tongue)

The reason they don't use color is,

1) Brown ink deteriorates too quickly leaving it vulnerable to color change.

2) Color mismatches as hair is grown to different lengths. (They tell u to buzz/shave for 'best' results.)

3) Standard black offers a relatively easy laser removal option with Q switch laser. Color can be a nightmare as some tones break up easier than others.

Temporary can always escape these problems. It is only superficial so it will shed. Problem solved. Before you are in court ready to sue for being blue, you have already faded and your case is up in smoke.

In short, it's a can of worms for SMP providers, to start messing with color if it is permanent. Temporary can always be playful with color and they only guarantee it for eight months and even then u have to accept, the settling down period where it is too strong.

If your hair is the color of Joes, and have permanent, you will notice a blueish-silverish tone to the SMP that will contrast Joe's acorn kinda tone under certain lights.

Despite what the reps tell you, and some say they DO use color, its almost always black, albeit diluted with a carrier for shades.

Warning, amateurs do use color for permanent and I advise to stay away unless u can convince me about the color stability.

But just for fun, go ask the 'good guys' who do permanent, why they don't use color. Ask the HIS reps. Ask the NHI reps. for a start.

Edited by scar5
Point three