Cant Decide's 3 Month Update

Cant decide

I am about 6 days shy of three months post op.

1. Ugly duckling phase winding down and I am now basically back to my pre-op look.

2. I had a decent amount of shock loss in the donor and recipient site but most of it has grown back with more to come which I am confident it will since I feel allot of stubble coming through.

3. I have had some light early growth but nothing that would have a cosmetic impact yet. Obviously this is to be expected.

4. My scar is pretty good. I don't think I will end up with the dream scar I had after round 1 but I believe it will settle in at about 2 mm in most places. Maybe 3 mm is a couple places. I do have a few bumps along the scar which are no big deal and most likely due to hair trying to come through.

5. Numbness 100% gone and the donor is not really tender at this point. After round 1, it was tender for at least a year.

6. I added Avodart right after surgery twice a week to my daily finasteride. Its hard to say if I have seen anything yet as a result but I think it has strengthened the bottom of my crown. I am not sure however.

Now I am ready for growth to kick in. Strapping myself in for the ride :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks for the update!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

no pictures???

As I wrote, I am back to pre op. I'll post pics when I am further along and there is actually something new to see.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Quite a journey mate! All the best and I'm sure this will be the end of your journey.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

agreed that pics would be nice. Looked through your album and all those pics are very deceptive as to actual results ( small pics or unnatural lighting.)

I am not sure what you mean?

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Lighting can have a huge impact on the illusion of hair (or lack thereof). It would be nice to see some clear, normal sized pictures in a natural setting. Your pics are very small or with odd lighting. I'm a transplant patient so I know the effect lighting has on hair. I'm not at all knocking your transplant but I've realized after having my own that many guys want to hear the positive reaction from others so they aren't completely honest with results ( not saying this is your intention, just asking for some better pics, thats all)

Lighting can have a huge impact on the illusion of hair (or lack thereof). It would be nice to see some clear, normal sized pictures in a natural setting. Your pics are very small or with odd lighting. I'm a transplant patient so I know the effect lighting has on hair. I'm not at all knocking your transplant but I've realized after having my own that many guys want to hear the positive reaction from others so they aren't completely honest with results ( not saying this is your intention, just asking for some better pics, thats all)

The latest pics in my album (preop round 2) were takek at Dr. Rahals office. He has a whole set up (as do most clinics) that allows for honest pics to be taken. So I think its fair to say those are the most representative of my HT.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Again, this is no attempt to knock your transplant.

Seriously though, you cannot say that these give an honest assessment of your results. These are avatar sized photos.

Photos below are directly linked from your album

I think what YOLO is trying to say is that the pictures are very low resolution and small.

Having said that it's pretty clear that you've had awesome results! The difference from your first photo is truly astonishing. You've gone from almost slick bald to a full head of hair on the frontal third! Even though the pictures are small it's very clear that you've had a great result!

Looking forward to seeing the continuation of your story. You seem to have a similar pattern to me and I had my op 2 months ago...

Now I understand. However, I have been posting and helping guys on here for years. The last thing I would do is post pics that I thought were not representative. In fact, I have been told the pics I post don't do it justice from those who have actually seen me. Again, I get your point but being questioned about my photo integrity kind of bothers me. I mean most guys just eventually vanish along with their advice. Cut us guys who are still hanging around some slack :).

When my second op kicks in, I will try and post pictures that are at least larger and with the best resolution possible. Since my last update about 2-3 weeks ago, the new growth has really kicked in. I should have something tangible to show at 4 months.

Best,

CD

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

See bolded part.

I stated a few times that I was knocking anything you are doing. With that said, I still think your pics don't represent your transplant whether it be good or bad and you've confirmed that by letting us know people IRL have stated the same thing.

My transplant was with Dr. Hasson and so far so good but I think I may go with Rahal in the unfortunate event of needing another transplant.

Anywho, happy growing..

To be fair cant decide your photos could be lot better which I think I've said to you over the years before particularly considering you're such a big support to the forum I would of thought they'd have been better.

Youonlyliveonce out of interest I noticed over 2 years ago you deleted a lot of your comments and posts on your transplant and you also deleted your photos to the point I can't see any of yours now why did you do that? My guess would be that you already know you want more work doing for the simple reason you were of the forum for 2 years and now you are back would my guess be correct?

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I think for the amount of grafts CD had and where he came from, it is easy to tell that he had a very nice HT. He doesn't look like he was ever a high 5 or 6. I don't think he intentionally loaded them as small photos. I have done that accidentally.

From what I can gather, CD has been sensitive about his crown and probably chose not to post a bunch of unflattering pics pre-op to his crown surgery, which I understand. I don't try to take bad pics of myself either. I used to take a photos of my crown to keep an eye on things (like daily or weekly) but I haven't done that in months, because for me, it was unhealthy. In the right lighting, people with great hair can look thin or thin hair can look great. Photos are good to keep an eye on things to decide what treatment you should use. Once I decided that my crown could be in jeapordy (wasn't bad at all) I stopped taking photos, added minox to my regime in the crown too, mostly as a preventive measure, and stopped taking photos, because...why? To torture myself and see if my hair looks a little finer or if I can see more scalp than I should? No thanks. I am getting to the age (35 in about a month) that if I do, its OK, as long as I am fighting it and doing all that I can to retain, I am not going to obsess. I started obsessing over my hair over 10 years ago and I still have a pretty great head of hair, I don't want to waste anymore time worrying or obsessing when there is nothing else at this time that I can do. I think CD is in the same place and I don't blame him for not posting a bunch of HD gigapixel photos of the back of his head. If he wants to post a before and after when his hair grows in, that would be great, but I try to remember that the contributors here don't owe us anything.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Now I understand. However, I have been posting and helping guys on here for years. The last thing I would do is post pics that I thought were not representative. In fact, I have been told the pics I post don't do it justice from those who have actually seen me. Again, I get your point but being questioned about my photo integrity kind of bothers me. I mean most guys just eventually vanish along with their advice. Cut us guys who are still hanging around some slack :).

For what it's worth, I appreciate your posts and progress reports. Majority of patients don't have the time or the inclination to participate on the forums. You are right, most guys vanish. You can't blame them since they're not getting paid so why should they stick around.

The pics you post are miles better than the pics we get for evaluation. Looking forward to your 4 month's update.

I once had a poster on another forum strongly suggest I cut my hair shorter so it was more like my pre-op pics. I told him to F off as politely as I could.

Good growing to you CD!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I once had a poster on another forum strongly suggest I cut my hair shorter so it was more like my pre-op pics. I told him to F off as politely as I could.

Good growing to you CD!

Yeah I've seen that kind of stuff on the forums from time to time, pretty outrageous

Can't decide. I remember getting stick at my 4 month mark about the standard of my photos and how I should go and take some clearer ones as if I don't have anything better to do with my time!!

We don't owe anybody anything on here, we do it to give payback in the hope others guys make the right choices.

I've always enjoyed yr posts and it's clear how far you have come.

Keep up with the posts fella.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Can't-

I definitely appreciate all that you do on these forums. You were one of the main reasons I chose Dr. Rahal for my procedure, so don't take these negative comments personally......you should post your updates when YOU are ready to do so.

With that said, has it really been 3 months already? Crazy how quickly it flies by.......I can't believe it. I am really excited for you....and really looking forward to seeing your updates and progress as you continue your journey. I am really expecting we are going to see big things this time around......and you definitely deserve it!!

Hope you're doing well my friend......

I'm posting my 11 month photos this weekend.....so be on the lookout for those! =)

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Not so sure why many are on the defense. Any/all are right, he can do what he wants, how he wants, and owes nothing to me or any of you. It was a mere suggestion and IMO one that will only help us all. Shocked that some of you guys are comparing my suggestion of a little more clear pictures to cutting a haircut a certain way.

@bonkerstonker. Completely wrong. My hair looks better now than it did when I was 20 (in my 30's). I deleted all my posts because a sad troll linked me to another forum and made threats against me which involved a female. I come here once every few months when I'm bored.

Pic below is from another coalition Dr who's local to me. He's tracking my progress as I get my yearly fin prescription. Pics and gif are within the last 6 months.

zssku0.jpg

2qby87c.jpg

and then here's a gif because I didn't want to post crap ton of pics in his thread.

http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2013111901ulH7oI5bQXWd3ZQlmEVblo&file=output_PZS3J8.gif

CD- Again, I meant no disrespect by my suggestion. I feel a lot more educated after been through the process and I'm fairly certain if I need another it will be with Rahal. Just trying to get the most honest version of his work.

CD- Again, I meant no disrespect by my suggestion. I feel a lot more educated after been through the process and I'm fairly certain if I need another it will be with Rahal. Just trying to get the most honest version of his work.

No worries and your hair looks great!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts