25 Year old Female FUT 1345 grafts With James A Harris, MD

Perfect results eh? Zoom in. Enhance. Actually, graft #752 is off angle by 4 degrees to the right. Unacceptable.

No this does look very good actually. The pictures are well taken and display the fantastic result. But despite the technical achievement of the HT, I think (from the limited part I can see) she looked better pre-op.

Results look good. Quality pictures are always appreciated. I hope the patient was first encouraged to consider doing nothing first though because this is borderline unnecessary in my opinion. I think she looked fine before. But the work does look good so as long as proper patient planning and discussion was taken then I will give a rare thumbs up to a female hair transplant.

You should of course show a picture of the surgical scar as well though. With long hair like hers it will be a piece of cake to hide as long as she is okay with having one.

I think this procedure made a substantial cosmetic improvement. Obviously this young lady was bothered by her hairline and the result is perfectly natural.

Very few hair surgeries are "necessary" to any degree. It's not about need but about want. Great work Dr. Harris!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David's got a great point about most hair surgeries not being necessary - "My hair doesn't look right" is definitely a first-world problem, as opposed to something like "I need to have the use of my arms and legs so that I can run out into the South-African wild-lands and spear a gazelle or a wildebeest so I can have food to eat tonight," which would be a little more urgent.

But yeah, the girl had just a little bit of a five-head before, and now it's more of a fore-head :) Great result overall!

Great result! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.