Dr. James Vogel- Hairline Lowering

This is an example of a woman who was interested in lowering her hairline. Hair transplants or a hairline lowering procedure were discussed as options. She chose the hairline lowering procedure because it offered the quickest and most direct approach to achieve her goals. This is a 2 hour operation to advance the front hairline about 2 cm (about 3/4 inch) . This technique is generally reserved for women with congenitally high hairlines and not men or women with androgenic alopecia. Her video recount of the procedure and what the results mean to her can be viewed at Hair Line Lowering Baltimore Maryland MD

5b32db75d2d3f_HL1.jpg.3290eae18999a8c4a3b6bd47c5821c01.jpg

5b32db75eb7a4_HL2.jpg.607ec8584ac69be4f109d7dd5d1a4a3f.jpg

5b32db762d1a7_HL3.jpg.1afb3a77e6cc05155c76a32fed4be09b.jpg

5b32db763ac91_HL4.jpg.ea95c1535700173c8359cf903670746a.jpg

Very drastic change(for the better). I was wondering whether there is any 'brow lift' effect that occurs? Are there methods of countering such effect?

Great work! Thank you for sharing.

I'm curious: do you think the same effect could have been achieved with hair transplantation?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great work Dr. Vogel! I was not aware that you performed this procedure. It's good to know as I get a lot of inquiries from women all over the world asking me where they can have this done.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looks great. Haven't seen the video yet but hopefully there's some close ups of the scar in there.

This.

I think the photos SHOULD show the incision line.

Nice improvement for the patient. She has plenty additional hair styling options now. End result looks great. I too would love to see incision photos since this surgery isn't as well known as the typical hair transplants seen on the site.

Very interesting, this is only recommended for women?

I've not heard of this being done for men, how is this different from scalp reduction?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Looks great, how many grafts she had?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Seems this was discussed for men here on the forum in the past.

I guess the best cases are combination of lowering and hair grafts, but seems best for women as it may lift your brows making more feminine look.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167605-hairline-lowering-surgery-vs-hair-transplant.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)