Is Turkey safe, and how do I get to Antalya

After 10 years of research, I want to do some FUE work. Problem is, I'm not overwhelmed by my North American options. Neither the results nor the prices leave me enthused, so I'm considering Doganay, but Turkey worries me for two reasons. First, I won't blend in. I'm pale, 6'3", and obviously American. Second, it seems difficult to reach Antalya. I should mention that I'm an extremely nervous flyer. In fact, I haven't flown in decades because of my fear, so I'll only fly major western carriers.

Anyone have any experience being a westerner in Turkey? Is it safe? What about getting to Antalya? Can I get there without traveling the countryside or taking an unsafe airline?

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

Hell hath frozen over. I never thought I'd see the day, lol! Good luck.

Well, that's for a number of reasons. First, I'm a lawyer, so my schedule is brutal. Second, if anyone found out about this, I'd be a laughingstock. Third, I'm extremely risk-averse as a general rule. All of those have counseled caution.

The way I see it, as a 36-year-old late-stage NW2 or early NW3 who's never used hair-loss medication, I'm in pretty good straits.

But now I have to get this right.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

i went to Antalya from canada this fall,i took a flight to Antalya from charles de gaule in paris.had my procedure done by dr.doganay,after took the bus to marmaris,took the ferry to rhodes greece,had a 2 week vacation there,and took a direct flight to paris and back ro canada,very easy and very simple.

If you're a NW2 or early NW3 then I'd say you are in a great position since I recall that you were the same if only moderately better off when you first joined the boards.

Yeah, that's pretty close to true. I didn't notice my hairloss until I was almost 26, midway through 2003. I kept getting what I thought were lousy haircuts. Then, one day, I pulled my hair back and nearly dropped dead. I'd lost an inch off both temples, and I totally panicked. That sort of thing wasn't supposed to happen to me!

Now, of course, it's slowly gotten worse over the last 10 years, but it's been very gradual. I've never taken any medication at all, and I'm a NW3 at worst. Nevertheless, I do have to use an unflattering hairstyle that I dislike (long in front to cover hairline), and it's even getting harder to pull that off.

At 36, I feel that I'm probably out of the woods in terms of advancing to a NW6, so I feel much safer about going forward.

I've been there on holiday. It is considered a resort town during high holiday season and attracts a ton of Russians and Balkans types, who tend to be tall and pale. Stayed in a lovely bed and breakfast, very laid back and friendly. You can probably fly to Germany and take a Lufthansa flight down there direct.

I've been there on holiday. It is considered a resort town during high holiday season and attracts a ton of Russians and Balkans types, who tend to be tall and pale. Stayed in a lovely bed and breakfast, very laid back and friendly. You can probably fly to Germany and take a Lufthansa flight down there direct.

Checked. Can't do it. All the flights offered by Lufthansa are actually operated by Turkish commuter airlines, which I absolutely will not fly.

I have to admit: I'm pretty pissed that I don't have better domestic options.

Ugh.

If you're a NW2 or early NW3 then I'd say you are in a great position since I recall that you were the same if only moderately better off when you first joined the boards.

Pretty much. When I first noticed that I'd lost an inch off my temples back in 2003 at age 26, I panicked. I figured I'd be bald by 30. But it never happened. I mean, yes, I've had some more thinning over the last 10 years, so the situation *has* gotten worse, but the progression has slowed down a lot. And I never took any medication.

In regard to surgery, I always knew that I'd get my hairline fixed, but I never wanted any half-measures. I didn't want the kind of procedure that makes a guy go from bald to just balding. So basically, my position was, "Norwood 1 or nothing." And that approach meant that I wasn't going to get anything done in my 20s. After all, I knew that the risk of building a NW1 hairline at 27 was significant. So I decided to wait to 30. Then I got to 30, and I decided to wait another five years. Well, I turned 36 last month, and I've been holding steady, so I think that I may have "beaten" MPB. Again, I know that I'll lose more, but I'm confident that I won't lose enough to make me regret an aggressive hairline.

First of all you have two decision first one is right decision for Doctor which is Hakan DOĞANAY socond one is right cheap flight which easy for USA people Good luck.

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

Its too safe and even safer than USA. Istanbul Ataturk airport is well secured. Also for your info, Antalya is 2x safer than Istanbul. Its so friendly and breathtaking. You will 100% love it, I actually think about going there for just hanging around.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Maybe i have missed something here? Why is Antalya '2x as safe as Istanbul' :confused:

I have been there twice now for 2 types of surgery and not once felt 'unsafe'. In fact, it's one of the friendliest places i have visited.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

My flight from Toronto goes to Istanbul then connecting to Antalya....900 bux, not cheap but not that expensive

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

Pretty much. When I first noticed that I'd lost an inch off my temples back in 2003 at age 26, I panicked. I figured I'd be bald by 30. But it never happened. I mean, yes, I've had some more thinning over the last 10 years, so the situation *has* gotten worse, but the progression has slowed down a lot. And I never took any medication.

In regard to surgery, I always knew that I'd get my hairline fixed, but I never wanted any half-measures. I didn't want the kind of procedure that makes a guy go from bald to just balding. So basically, my position was, "Norwood 1 or nothing." And that approach meant that I wasn't going to get anything done in my 20s. After all, I knew that the risk of building a NW1 hairline at 27 was significant. So I decided to wait to 30. Then I got to 30, and I decided to wait another five years. Well, I turned 36 last month, and I've been holding steady, so I think that I may have "beaten" MPB. Again, I know that I'll lose more, but I'm confident that I won't lose enough to make me regret an aggressive hairline.

Good luck. I started meds at about 32 and I'll be 35 soon. I think anyone who can tolerate them should if they are going to get work done, but you have done about as much research as anyone so you know what you are getting in to. I have been pretty lucky with a slow progression so far too and identify myself as a a nw 2.5. I am happy I went through with it an guys like us can get usually pull off surgery without being detected (I was able to). Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

My flight from Toronto goes to Istanbul then connecting to Antalya....900 bux, not cheap but not that expensive

I am seeing Dr Hakan in Dec and am from Canada? What airline(s) are you flying there with? And how are you getting to Antalya? Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread!

w

After 10 years of research, I want to do some FUE work. Problem is, I'm not overwhelmed by my North American options. Neither the results nor the prices leave me enthused, so I'm considering Doganay, but Turkey worries me for two reasons. First, I won't blend in. I'm pale, 6'3", and obviously American. Second, it seems difficult to reach Antalya. I should mention that I'm an extremely nervous flyer. In fact, I haven't flown in decades because of my fear, so I'll only fly major western carriers.

Anyone have any experience being a westerner in Turkey? Is it safe? What about getting to Antalya? Can I get there without traveling the countryside or taking an unsafe airline?

Dont worry, Turkey is more safe than USA. Same for Eastern and Southeastern Europe. People generally don't know that but usually leading themselves by brainwashing TV news. I live in southeastern Europe and have many contacts with western people. They are amazed how they can get out in the middle of the night EVERYWHERE and nobody will bother them, beat them, take their money, steal something or even worse. We don't have ghettos or forbidden places. So, don't worry, in Turkey, people are very generous (of course there are bad people like everywhere) because they appreciate tourists who are bringing them money. It would be far more better choice to choose Turkey, less money spent, better result and you'll see a country which have far more history or culture then you could imagine.

About airline, don't fly with western airlines. Turkish airlines are one of the best air-companies in the world and will get you to Antalya with as much low possible flight changes. Or choose Qatar or Fly Emirates. Avoid European airlines...too over-rated.

Dont worry, Turkey is more safe than USA. Same for Eastern and Southeastern Europe. People generally don't know that but usually leading themselves by brainwashing TV news. I live in southeastern Europe and have many contacts with western people. They are amazed how they can get out in the middle of the night EVERYWHERE and nobody will bother them, beat them, take their money, steal something or even worse. We don't have ghettos or forbidden places. So, don't worry, in Turkey, people are very generous (of course there are bad people like everywhere) because they appreciate tourists who are bringing them money. It would be far more better choice to choose Turkey, less money spent, better result and you'll see a country which have far more history or culture then you could imagine.

About airline, don't fly with western airlines. Turkish airlines are one of the best air-companies in the world and will get you to Antalya with as much low possible flight changes. Or choose Qatar or Fly Emirates. Avoid European airlines...too over-rated.

I agree to this. Turkish Airlines is the best :D:D:D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I've flown many airlines in the past, Emirates is an excellent one but I wouldn't say avoid European airlines. Lufthansa is good and I've always enjoyed British Airways.

Dont worry, Turkey is more safe than USA. Same for Eastern and Southeastern Europe. People generally don't know that but usually leading themselves by brainwashing TV news.

Don't believe the TV news about Turkey or Southwestern Europe but one should believe the TV news about the United States? That's a bit of a double standard, no? The United States doesn't have to worry about Canada or Mexico going through a civil war with the use of WMD's as seen in Syria, which is on Turkey's border. I'm not saying that Turkey is dangerous but to say it's safer than the US is a bit of a stretch. Just sayin.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I have been to Europe over 15 times. I agree both British and Lufthansa are great. I prefer KLM because its an easy airport in Amsterdam compared to landing in London or Frankfurt.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Whats going on everyone goes to turkey for a hair transplant!!! Combine it with a vacation in Greece and its the perfect package lol.

Good luck shadow i am also afraid of flying but turkish airlines are one of the best.

I'm turkish, 6'4" tall with fair skin green eyes blond hair.Is this incredible for you? I don't know why some people

still think that turks are short, dark skinned or dangerious people or turkey is a dangerious place.Maybe because

majority of our people are muslims?.We're muslims but we're not an arab country.I dont understand why some people

think that every muslim is potentially dangerious.Turks or arabs are not subhumans.Every country in the world has a

historical background and I belive, you at least as a lawyer, a higly educated man, must have known that Turkey is a

strictly secular and fairly developped country (more developped than many countries in EU).World's 16th biggest

economy that attracted more than 35 millions of tourists last year.It's world's 6th most popular tourist

destination with perfectly safe cities for foreigners.Believe it or not Turkish airlines is probably the best

airline in europe at the moment.It's a star alliance member.I can assure you it's as safe as Lufthansa with much

better service.Please forgive me for my rudeness but I cant stand this double standart anymore.Western media shows

Turkey as an islamic, underdevelopped country with sharia law like Iran.Turkey is not such a country.I can only say

this: please come and see our country nobody will attack you nobody will blow himself looking at your height or skin

color or the language you speak... Sorry for my english.

Turkish Airlines is named the Best Airline in Europe for third year

Turkish Airlines awarded

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

I'm turkish, 6'4" tall with fair skin green eyes blond hair.Is this incredible for you? I don't know why some people

still think that turks are short, dark skinned or dangerious people or turkey is a dangerious place.Maybe because

majority of our people are muslims?.We're muslims but we're not an arab country.I dont understand why some people

think that every muslim is potentially dangerious.Turks or arabs are not subhumans.Every country in the world has a

historical background and I belive, you at least as a lawyer, a higly educated man, must have known that Turkey is a

strictly secular and fairly developped country (more developped than many countries in EU).World's 16th biggest

economy that attracted more than 35 millions of tourists last year.It's world's 6th most popular tourist

destination with perfectly safe cities for foreigners.Believe it or not Turkish airlines is probably the best

airline in europe at the moment.It's a star alliance member.I can assure you it's as safe as Lufthansa with much

better service.Please forgive me for my rudeness but I cant stand this double standart anymore.Western media shows

Turkey as an islamic, underdevelopped country with sharia law like Iran.Turkey is not such a country.I can only say

this: please come and see our country nobody will attack you nobody will blow himself looking at your height or skin

color or the language you speak... Sorry for my english.

Turkish Airlines is named the Best Airline in Europe for third year

Turkish Airlines awarded

World Tourism rankings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dont take it so personal my friend.