Hair shedding while shampooing !?

Hi everyone ..

My story began last March when I noticed that my hair is thinning at the crown area and my hairline is receding , I had a busy schedule at that time which prevented me from visiting a dermatologist until July .. Unfortunately he told me that I am suffering from Male pattern baldness !! He advised me to start a treatment regimen quickly which included :

1. Minoxdil Liquid 5%

2. Revivogen Shampoo + Scalp therapy

3. Biotin

Hair loss initially stopped for a few weeks until last week when I started to observe hair shedding everyday while shampooing or rubbing my hair gently ( like 8 to 15 hair strands in my hands ) which I don't know if it's normal or not !

So please can anyone tell me if there is something wrong with my hair ?!

Also I have a couple of questions :

- My doctor advised me to try PRP injections .. has anyone tried this before ?! is it effective ?!

- Minoxdil liquid leaves white flakes on my scalp .. is there any solution to this ?!

- One of my mates told me that I should get Nizoral shampoo .. is it good for my case ?! any instructions about how to use Nizoral with revivogen !?

- Finally , please advise me whether I should add anything to this treatment regimen !

Note : I am from Egypt so I apologize if my English is bad :(

Thanks everyone :) looking forward to your answers

Even with you fighting the war of hair loss you will still lose hair. Something you have to accept. However, a lot of it grow back assuming the follicles didn't die off. Look at other males in your family, especially your father and try to see what their hair loss pattern looks like.

Propecia might be something to consider depending on your case. Minoxidal is fairly cheap and has a decent reputation to help prevent hair loss in the crown of the head. It's worth doing. But know this....if you are going to do something about hair loss you have to be committed and diligent about actually using the products and drugs. This is why I don't suggest younger patients even attempt to do anything....most are not mature enough yet and are just wasting money while messing with their physiology for nothing.

Hi Oure,

Let me see what I can do to address some of your questions:

1. Losing 100-150 hairs a day is considered normal.

2. Thus far, PRP has not been proven effective as a stand-alone injectable treatment. Many are still researching it, but we have no conclusive evidence - thus far - that it is effective. As of now, minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia) are the only tested, proven hair loss medications available today.

3. Ketoconazole-based shampoos (like Nizoral) do have some anti-inflammatory and anti-androgen properties and many patients use it 2-3 times a week alongside minoxidil and finasteride.

4. Liquid minoxidil can cause scalp dryness and flaking because it contains a higher amount of alcohol and propylene glycol compared to the foam version. Because of this, many find less scalp irritation with the foam.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.