Dr. Konior Consult Question

Tom Ruiz told the father of a friend of mine, who I recommended to consult with Dr. Konior, when requesting an in person consult, that:

"He wishes that (Dr. Konior) did in person consults."

when he asked why no,t Tom said, "If he did, he wouldn't have time to operate."

then told him to email Dr. Konior and sent him an email with instructions to do so.

it all sounded very strange

Does anyone know this person and why he would say that?

It all seemed very unprofessional

thanks

(tried to submit this question before but for some reason i wasn't seeing the full post in the message box)

I can't speak for Tom but I can understand why he would prefer your friend's Dad to email.

It's more efficient for the Doc to ask for emails/photos before inviting anyone in. If someone is not a candidate it is far better to spend 5 minutes looking over some photos first instead of blocking out an entire hour for someone who might not even turn up (it happens) or is just not a suitable candidate.

The Doc is doing 4 procedures a week lasting anywhere between a half a day to a whole day, seeing 4 people for follow ups and also checking 3 or 4 others who had surgery the day/week previous. That leaves very little time for anything else. After all that he might be lucky to see 2 or 3 prospective patients per week - these being the ones most likely to schedule and already been in contact with the Doc via email.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

yeah i get it but why say that Dr. Konior doesn't do in-person consults?

why not say what you said?

anyway, thanks for the response

did you have to email pics before your in-person consult?

I'd emailed the doc a few times in the previous 6 months.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Dr Konior gets great results, and his work looks so clean, because he personally places all the grafts and really is in the room from the time the procedure starts, until it ends. Tom is very helpful and I'm sure if you give him a call he will address any questions you have. And Dr Konior personally will get back to you if you email him. And he does his own consultations, but first he has to see pictures and come up with a plan. Dr Konior sometimes spends over an hour with a prospective patient but to begin the process either you go to his office and Tom will take pics of your head from all angles, or email the pics. But I do know Dr Konior does in depth consultations. I would give them another chance as you will not find many surgeons who are involved in all aspects of the procedure. Just take a look at some of his before and after pics, how the grafts are so clean and tidy post-op. He is one of the top hair transplant surgeons in the world and is a busy man as he also teaches med students the latest techniques in donor closure as he also is on the faculty of Loyola Hospital which is considered one of the top Medical Schools in the Country.

Edited by CaddyTad77

Dr Konior gets great results, and his work looks so clean, because he personally places all the grafts and really is in the room from the time the procedure starts, until it ends. Tom is very helpful and I'm sure if you give him a call he will address any questions you have. And Dr Konior personally will get back to you if you email him.

not for me but recommended a friend's dad to call

when i heard the convo, i wanted to find out more info about the consulting procedure here and if this is what other people experienced

i shouldn't have gotten this involved in it anyway

thanks for the response

my full message was not posting for some reason so i started a new thread.

in it i describe a phone call my friend's dad had with Tom Ruiz that i found very strange:

When asked to book an in person consult, Tom said that he wishes that Dr. Konior did in person consults.

when my friend's father asked for clarification as to why not, Tom said that if Dr. Konior did so then he wouldn't have time to operate.

then he sent him an email with Dr. Konior's email address and instruction on how to submit pics to Dr. Konior.

Is this your experience with Dr. Konior's office?

This doesn't sound right.

Why would this person say something like that

if there was a long wait then just say there is a long wait

very strange, right?

I feel bad that i recommended him to call.

i wonder if there is another phone number to call?

maybe Spanker knows the answer

Matt was pretty spot on in his post. Dr. K does do in-person consults, but he does not do all of his consults in-person. There would just not be enough hours in the day. If, after photos and expectations are discussed, he feels that the pt is a candidate, I am sure that Dr. Konior could fit him in for an in-person. There would be no expectation of a suitable candidate to undergo surgery without a consult if they felt they needed one. I had an in-person consult after sending my pics and discussing my expectations with the doctor. Unlike many clinics, Dr. Konior is available through email and in my experience has always personally responded promptly to patients. I will contact Dr. Konior and either he or I will follow up on this post tomorrow.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Matt was pretty spot on in his post. Dr. K does do in-person consults, but he does not do all of his consults in-person. There would just not be enough hours in the day. If, after photos and expectations are discussed, he feels that the pt is a candidate, I am sure that Dr. Konior could fit him in for an in-person. There would be no expectation of a suitable candidate to undergo surgery without a consult if they felt they needed one. I had an in-person consult after sending my pics and discussing my expectations with the doctor. Unlike many clinics, Dr. Konior is available through email and in my experience has always personally responded promptly to patients. I will contact Dr. Konior and either he or I will follow up on this post tomorrow.

thanks spanker, but i wish i never posted this!

tried to contact the administrator to delete the post

i thought i was doing someone a favor by inquiring since i recommended him to call but he had no clue that i was doing so and probably didn't even think anything of his convo with tom and the emailing first

i shouldn't have gotten this involved. i was interpreting a convo that i wasn't even involved in!

please don't bother anyone with this

this thread needs to be deleted because it started a brouhaha about nothing

i hope david will delete this when he gets my message

rev333,

I did receive your private message but will respond publicly since you referenced your private message to me.

Members have the ability to edit/delete their own posts within a period of 10 days (though they cannot remove an entire topic). It is very rare that the administrators/moderators remove topics/posts even at a member's request as we prefer members stick to their comments and simply provide updates on the topic.

That said, if you would prefer to remove your comments, you may do so using the edit button.

Best Regards,

Bill

That said, I have full confidence in Dr. Konior who does very impressive work. He is also one of the most patient centered physicians I've ever met, being involved in all aspects of the procedure from start to finish. He has and does do in-person consults and has spent many hours educating patients on his own free time. I suspect there was some level of miscommunication between you and Tom regarding this. I've talked with Tom many times and he too is a real stand up guy.

Best wishes,

Bill

UGH!

please let this thread die already

i never even spoke with this person

i feel really bad about ever posting this and the rules about deleting threads should be changed for instances like this

please do not respond here it'll just keep this thread alive

thanks for response anyway