FUE procedure - 3750 Grafts - Jan 02 2014 with Dr Demirsoy

mm015

Hi Cueball,

I'll be honest - I have no idea. I just let the Dr get on with it. Clemens Weber may be able to find out (he is the Dr's assistant and is on this forum, and has commented on this thread earlier on). In total I had 3750 grafts averaging 2-3 hairs per graft.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cueball,

I'll be honest - I have no idea. I just let the Dr get on with it. Clemens Weber may be able to find out (he is the Dr's assistant and is on this forum, and has commented on this thread earlier on). In total I had 3750 grafts averaging 2-3 hairs per graft.

Cheers pal, work looks excellent, very clean indeed, best of luck over the next 12 months or so, patience is the key now, im almost 2 months out myself, time seems to be going a lot slower than my last op, seems to be a hundred weeks in January lol

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Cheers mate,

Yeah it's very exciting! I am seeing daily changes. Very excited for the 5 month mark. When doe sthe shedding start? And is that where it basically all falls out again so I end up looking like I did before the OP? Have you got a thread with any of your pics?

Cheers mate,

Yeah it's very exciting! I am seeing daily changes. Very excited for the 5 month mark. When doe sthe shedding start? And is that where it basically all falls out again so I end up looking like I did before the OP? Have you got a thread with any of your pics?

The links to both my procedures are in my signature, I started noticing shedding after both surgeries at around 3-4 weeks, im in the middle of the ugly duckling stage now coming on to 2 months.:eek:

Once they shed you will look exactly like you did pre op, you might have a little bit of redness lingering but it goes away in time. Its tough going for the first 3 months!

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

I'm starting on Minoxidil today. The crown is starting to look more like it used to as the rest of the hair seems to be growing a lot more, especially with the Donor area growing quickly.

Should I be using the Monoxidil all over or just on the recipient area?

No Shedding yet - I take it that it will happen soon?!

And at what point do people usually start cutting the hair? I'm starting to notice 3 pronounced areas of difference - The recipient area, the Donor area and the "safe zone" (what is the Safe zone by the way?). Wondering if a trim will make the different areas look a bit more even. I'm guessing the red is the biggest thing that makes a difference below the hair.

Thought I'd upload a few before photo's again for comparison.

Cheers guys

_BDE5618.jpeg"]_BDE5618.jpeg[/url]

_BDE5619.jpeg"]_BDE5619.jpeg[/url]

_BDE5620.jpeg"]_BDE5620.jpeg[/url]

_BDE5621.jpeg"]_BDE5621.jpeg[/url]

_BDE5622.jpeg"]_BDE5622.jpeg[/url]

_BDE5623.jpg"]_BDE5623.jpg[/url]

_BDE5624.jpg"]_BDE5624.jpg[/url]

_BDE5625.jpg"]_BDE5625.jpg[/url]

_BDE5626.jpg"]_BDE5626.jpg[/url]

21 Days later...

IMG_7109.jpg"]IMG_7109.jpg[/url]

IMG_7110.jpg"]IMG_7110.jpg[/url]

IMG_7111.jpg"]IMG_7111.jpg[/url]

IMG_7112.jpg"]IMG_7112.jpg[/url]

IMG_7114-1.jpg"]IMG_7114-1.jpg[/url]

IMG_7107.jpg"]IMG_7107.jpg[/url]

IMG_7108.jpg

Edited by mm015

Hi mm,

Everything looks fine so far! The shedding obviously has started.

You can apply Minoxidil to the whole recipient area.

Please don?t use a machine yet when you want to trim/cut your hair.

It should be carefully done with a scissors.

Best,

Clemens

Health Travels - Hair Transplants Turkey

Representative for Dr. Erkan Demirsoy

How long did it take for the crusts to come off? did any hairs come off with the crusts?

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

So, finally my shedding started about 4 days ago. I'm glad as it means from here on in it's all growth! (I think right?).

Anyone know how long shedding lasts? I think tomorrow I need to get my hair cut shorter as I'm looking pretty stupid! I guess this must be the "Ugly duckling" stage?!

Here you all go:

<a href=IMG_7321.jpg' alt='IMG_7321.jpg'>

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7335.jpg

I think it feels like more hairs are growing, but I think I'm actually shedding more.

My G/F keeps stopping me from getting a trim. Not sure how long I'll go along with that for. This process is starting to seem slow now and as if there is a long slog ahead. Which I guess there is..!

Anyway, here's Day 39 pics.

Thought it would be easier to post these for you all to compare. What do you guys think?

PrePostop11days2.jpg

ProPost11daystop.jpg

Day1118postop.jpg

Day2136.jpg

Day36392.jpg

day3639top.jpg

PreoptoDay39Top.jpg

Preoptoday39side.jpg

Edited by mm015

I'm in the process of organising a suitable date of surgery with Dr. Demirsoy so I'm particularly interested in how his surgeries work out.

What did he tell you about post-op shedding and when growth should appear? Just say, for example, that seasonal shedding removes a lot of grafts, does he have a stipulation to restore these or do you have to bear the brunt? I'm particularly curious about post-op hair development and what's expected and what does the surgeon do if something unexpected goes wrong. Given you've had your surgery with Dr. Demirsoy, I'd be interested to know more if you've learned anything.

Your pics do look great though - you can clearly see development especially in the last two comparative pictures. Hope it continues to grow! :-)

I think I was told it would shed after around a month and then would grow at 1 cm per month.

When the hair sheds, you don't lose grafts, you just lose hairs out of the newly embedded grafts, but these will grow back.

I have Emailed Dr Demirsoy via his assistant with various questions in the days after the op and he happily answered them very quickly. But to be honest, I don't really have any more questions as they were all answered when I was there, and the sheet I was given was very informative. Further to this, I have done a lot of comparisons with other patients and generally, I have experienced the same pattern of post op sensations, shedding and (hopefully!) now he beginning of growth. :)

Thanks for the updates, I'm at day 33 so we have almost the exact timeline,Looking good by the way.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

The best thing you can do now is to avoid thinking too much about when your hair will start growing, trust me it will drive you nuts! The real results will start to show through months 6-8 from my experience, but each person is different i guess.

Best of luck and happy growing from a fellow Demirsoy patient ;)

I think it feels like more hairs are growing, but I think I'm actually shedding more.

My G/F keeps stopping me from getting a trim. Not sure how long I'll go along with that for. This process is starting to seem slow now and as if there is a long slog ahead. Which I guess there is..!

Anyway, here's Day 39 pics.

Thought it would be easier to post these for you all to compare. What do you guys think?

PrePostop11days2.jpg

ProPost11daystop.jpg

Day1118postop.jpg

Day2136.jpg

Day36392.jpg

day3639top.jpg

PreoptoDay39Top.jpg

Preoptoday39side.jpg

i'm at 4months and 3 weeks,and i'm starting to see little fine hairs starting to sprout,but i understand your worries i had them too from 1 month to today.

Yes, I guess it's the fact that one looks at all the photo's of before/after before the procedure without thinking too much about the in between hard slog! And of course, doubt attempts to creep in.

So, time to dig in I guess!

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's growing...? Although sometimes it looks like it's just stuck with the original longer bits getting longer alone. What do you guys think?

I wonder if I should get the longer bits only trimmed? I don't want to trim the implanted bits as that seems pointless when they are growing. Thoughts?

How do you deal with this time when some bits seem to be growing faster than others?

Day39-71.jpg

39-71back.jpg

39-71top.jpg

39-71topright.jpg

39-71right.jpg

39-71left.jpg