Techs Qualifications and Experience Disclosed

Thanks for clarifying your comments Future_HT_Doc I appreciatewhat you say it just came across a different way.

I havenowcrossed off Dr Feriduni from my shortlist as the only involvement he has is the anesthetic injections and making the recipient site incisions but from what I can find out still wants a highish fee for this limited involvement.

I am not paying top dollar for a technician to carry out the entire extraction and install of grafts.

Dr Lorenzo however carries out the entire procedure which is what I would expect for my hard earned money.

and so the research continues!

Magnum,

Thank you for the kind words!

Whispy,

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about other physicians.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 5 months later...

This is one of the most important questions that I have seen asked before.

Little is known about the techs working on you who, in the majority of cases, are a lot more hands on than the doctors. Surely a lot of results must come down to the techs, but we don't know anything about them?

Dr Maral, for instance, does not actually do any work himself does he? It's 100% done by the techs. In fact, as previously stated, Dr Lorenzo is the only doc who does all of the extraction, ncisions and implants himself for FUE. He is expensive, but when you think he is doing all the work himself and is one of the best, he actually works out being a good deal.

It would be great if someone could put together a table of all the doctors recommended on here and what they actually do, i,e, extraction, incisions and what their techs do. I agree we need a lot more transparency in this regard - I would be especially interested to hear about what Dr Feriduni does and who his techs are, the work they do and their level of experience.

I have been researching FUE for quite a while.

I finally decided that going overseas was the right decision after researching many FUE exclusive docs, and their philosophies.

I settled on Dr. Erdogan, who does all of the punches, techs prepare grafts, he cuts the slits, while techs then insert the grafts. He does not perform every aspect, but his results are very impressive and his pricing is very affordable. I'm trusting my head to him and his team in less than one week. So, let's hope I'm right.

His lead tech who will be working on me has been with him for a decade.

Your question was a very important factor in my decision.

Good luck Duck. His work looks outstanding and the facilities look state of the art too. It's reassuring that his lead tech is working on you and has been with Dr Erdogan for 10 plus years, well done for finding that out.

My message to anyone reading this is to please find out more about the techs who are going to be operating on you, not just the doctor, and to discuss their role and your experience of them in your HT review. Little bios on the techs will be extremely useful to the HT community going forward.

I have been researching FUE for quite a while.

I finally decided that going overseas was the right decision after researching many FUE exclusive docs, and their philosophies.

I settled on Dr. Erdogan, who does all of the punches, techs prepare grafts, he cuts the slits, while techs then insert the grafts. He does not perform every aspect, but his results are very impressive and his pricing is very affordable. I'm trusting my head to him and his team in less than one week. So, let's hope I'm right.

His lead tech who will be working on me has been with him for a decade.

Your question was a very important factor in my decision.

Dr Erdogan shares punching duties with his tech Delek(sorry if i mispronounced her name). She is very adept and proficient. However Erdogan does not do all the punching himself, unless protocol has changed since 2013....

Thanks FUE2014, it's going to be quite the adventure. I will post all about it when I return.

There's so much research that goes into deciding which clinic to choose. I think the bio idea on the techs is fantastic. Once you narrow in on a "short-list" of docs, having that info easily accessible would save a lot of time.

I'm sure it would be argued that data like that would have to be maintained, therefore not feasible. I would respond that is why it would be a great addition! For example, Dr. Erdogan's lead tech has been with him for a decade. Pretty easy to keep that info updated. It's the tech's in the "revolving door" position that would be tough to keep updated. So, if you don't see techs that have been working with the doctor for some time (and therefore may end up working on your head!), it may be a factor in making an informed decision.

Mickey,

You are correct. Dilek does assist Dr. Erdogan with punches. To clarify, I meant that he is there physically doing the punches the whole time, and not just "popping in" to check on a tech. I did a lot of research on Dilek after finding out that she has such an integral role. I was impressed by her knowledge and experience. Again, I will be able to speak on it more after next week!

Mickey,

You are correct. Dilek does assist Dr. Erdogan with punches. To clarify, I meant that he is there physically doing the punches the whole time, and not just "popping in" to check on a tech. I did a lot of research on Dilek after finding out that she has such an integral role. I was impressed by her knowledge and experience. Again, I will be able to speak on it more after next week!

I have seen a video of her performing the one-step extraction technique... WOW

I figure let the results speak. If the doctor does absolutely nothing, but the results from the clinic are spectacular... does it really matter?

We only see a fraction of the results a surgeon performs and no surgeon bats a thousand. I'd want a hands-on surgeon who also has a proven track record. You want to leave as little to chance as possible when it comes to your cosmetic appearance, at least I would.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

We only see a fraction of the results a surgeon performs and no surgeon bats a thousand. I'd want a hands-on surgeon who also has a proven track record. You want to leave as little to chance as possible when it comes to your cosmetic appearance, at least I would.

For relatively unknown doctors, I would be curious about this too.. but I would also never go to such a doctor anyways. Better to stick with the ones who have lots of results and experiences documented by users. In the OP Bisanga and Feriduni were mentioned. If either of those two told me magical faeries did all the graft work, I wouldn't have a problem. Whatever they're doing over there, they're doing it right. I know that from other research.

I always think of the dilemma of the "unknown techs" this way: Quality physicians will only hire, train, and retain quality technicians. They understand - possibly better than anyone - the importance of technicians in a hair transplant procedure, and they are not going to risk their practice and their patient's wellbeing by using unqualified techs. However, I always think transparency is a good thing and I'm sure quality doctors would be more than happy to discuss their team during a consultation! As far as setting up a thread dedicated to listing and discussing the technicians here, it would really depend on clinic participation. If doctors/clinics are willing to participate, I think it would be helpful.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

As I am having a procedure with Dr Feriduni later on this year, I will contact his office and ask them whether they would be prepared to disclose that information and will update this thread if I hear anything.