1 month of minoxidil no shed

MarkVincent89

As the title says I have been on minox for a month now with no signs of a shed yet. Before I started minox I did think my hair was starting to stabilise as I was seeing less hairs in the shower etc. However I have recently shaved my head to a 2 all over, is it likely that because the hair is buzzed I am not seeing the shed as much?

Also to me it looks as if my temples are beginning to have little hairs appearing, is this possible after only 1 month of minox? (see pic)

2u8joxz.png

Mark,

1 months seems early, but I suppose it could be possible. You should likely continue to monitor these areas and keep us updated on the progress! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mark,

1 months seems early, but I suppose it could be possible. You should likely continue to monitor these areas and keep us updated on the progress! Good luck.

Early for shed or early to be seeing the initial signs of regrowth?

Also is it possible that because my hair is so short I'm not noticing any shed?

Yes I intend to keep this thread updated on my journey.

Maybe not too early for shedding, but early for regrowth. Most hair restoration drugs - in some manner - prolong the anagen (growth) phase of follicle cycling or encourage follicles to enter an anagen state. However, this usually involves moving through the telogen phase first. The telogen (resting) phase last 3-4 months, which is why these medications usually cause a shed for the first 3-4 months (which includes month 1). In general, I think it is likely that you'll see shedding for a few more months and then regrowth with generally thicker hairs and decreased shedding.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's me at about the 2 and a half month mark on minoxidil now and this is where I'm at.

First pic of the temple looks to maybe be getting a bid thicker but not much?

5cc8t5.png

As for the crown it is as bald as ever if not worse. I did use a flash for the crown photo so it would be a bit clearer. However it still gives a general idea of the situation which is quite bad.

mwumhc.png