Dr. Rahal- 2617 FUE -12 Months Post-Op

This 26 year old Toronto resident came to Dr. Rahal, concerned about his thinning hairline and mid scalp hair loss. He tried Rogaine for a while, but felt that it made his hair feel greasy, and didn't want the burden of applying the foam daily. He decided to research hair transplantation as a permanent solution, and began saving his money and creating a list of surgeons who he felt he trusted with his scalp. After extensive research, he contacted Dr. Rahal, because as the patient describes, Dr. Rahal "Stood Out"!! He had his procedure done in August 2012, and received 906 single-hair grafts, 1368 double-hair grafts, and 343 triple-hair grafts, which gave him a total of 4671 hairs. It really made a tremendous difference in reframing his face, and the patient is ecstatic with the result! He said in his interview with the clinic that his hair restoration "completely changed his outlook on life". The patient is now in the best shape of his life, and has resumed the recreational activities and hobbies that he loves so much. Below are photos taken in August 2013; one year after his procedure.

day_1a.jpg.6d925104ae5b8062447ff501ffbaa1ef.jpg

day_1b.jpg.d493aa43e36b922d847e0f3fd455e26e.jpg

day_1c.jpg.ab35b206d4bd19d941522f1d929e1643.jpg

before_1.jpg.05816792346e2f2a943052b2801e9202.jpg

after_1.jpg.31782160e7e3d32f8868d1d951993959.jpg

before_2.jpg.b9775613f12e6f708215cfab5c448d78.jpg

after_2.jpg.e5dd7c2c0a7a33645dbbe0ab95f197c1.jpg

donor_after.jpg.8cdd7181e12bd753a65853ec94b42237.jpg

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks for the feedback, Rootz. However, there really aren't a lot of angles to show in this case, as the patient had only the hairline and the mid scalp addressed, as you can see from the photos. There was nothing in the back to highlight (but I included a photo of the donor area anyway), and the other 2 before and after photos side-by-side show the results of the grafts being placed into a concentrated area. We will be posting new cases almost every week, and some are much more involved than this one.....so stay tuned for some more.

Thanks everyone! =)

Mike

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Well more specifically I would be very interested to see the hair pulled back at the front and temples. Both the hairline and density are obscured by the patient's curly hair draping down in the one frontal post-op pic. As we all know, a lot can be done to change the appearance of hair with just styling and combing. Maybe these type of pics are something you could incorporate in the future. Just a suggestion. I appreciate you posting this case either way.

Well more specifically I would be very interested to see the hair pulled back at the front and temples. Both the hairline and density are obscured by the patient's curly hair draping down in the one frontal post-op pic. As we all know, a lot can be done to change the appearance of hair with just styling and combing. Maybe these type of pics are something you could incorporate in the future. Just a suggestion. I appreciate you posting this case either way.

Have to agree with this. In this day and age, if a clinic is not going to use high definition video, then many photos of the hair at different angles should be shown. Close ups, side views, parted to show the density etc. One photo of the hairline is not going to cut it amongst the competition.

That guy has great donor. :-/ I'm jealous.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Have to agree with this. In this day and age, if a clinic is not going to use high definition video, then many photos of the hair at different angles should be shown. Close ups, side views, parted to show the density etc. One photo of the hairline is not going to cut it amongst the competition.

Just for further clarification for the members of the forum, these after photos were NOT taken at Dr. Rahal's clinic. The patient took these and submitted them to us himself, so unfortunately the quality of the photos were out of our hands. Because of Dr. Rahal's extensive base of patients not living near the clinic, often times we are only able to receive photos when our patients follow up with us on their own.

At any rate, I hope that explains things a little better. Thank you for the feedback everyone.

Best,

Mike

Like Mike said, and I think it's pretty obvious from the photos, the post-op pics are patient submitted. While I agree clinics should post the best most high quality photos/videos, you can't expect a patient to produce the same documentation. Also Mike did say they are trying to post a result every week so I'm sure many of the post-op results will be patient submitted, because most top clinics service out of town patients and I don't know anyone who would spend money to come back to the clinic for pictures to satisfy the requests of the forum.

Nice work!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Like Mike said, and I think it's pretty obvious from the photos, the post-op pics are patient submitted. While I agree clinics should post the best most high quality photos/videos, you can't expect a patient to produce the same documentation. Also Mike did say they are trying to post a result every week so I'm sure many of the post-op results will be patient submitted, because most top clinics service out of town patients and I don't know anyone who would spend money to come back to the clinic for pictures to satisfy the requests of the forum.

Not saying Rahal's clinic didn't do this, but in general I think these clinics should provide specific guidelines for the patients who are nice enough to provide follow up pictures. For example, "Please try to provide pictures of the new hair" is not as informative as something like, "Please try to provide pictures of the new hairline/density in the transplanted area with hair pulled back as well as shots of your every day preferred hairstyle from the profile and front."

I also feel the clinic bears some responsibility for publishing the results, even if the pictures (i.e. results) are patient submitted. Again, just speaking in general, not specifically about this case.

Not saying Rahal's clinic didn't do this, but in general I think these clinics should provide specific guidelines for the patients who are nice enough to provide follow up pictures. For example, "Please try to provide pictures of the new hair" is not as informative as something like, "Please try to provide pictures of the new hairline/density in the transplanted area with hair pulled back as well as shots of your every day preferred hairstyle from the profile and front."

I also feel the clinic bears some responsibility for publishing the results, even if the pictures (i.e. results) are patient submitted. Again, just speaking in general, not specifically about this case.

What you're asking for is unreasonable, any patient submitted photos are basically the patient doing the clinic and the forum a favor. If you think patient submitted photos should be held to strict guidelines then you should go into the results posted by patients section and criticize every single poster, because not one thread is up to the standard you're asking for. If every patient submitted photo was held to the standard you want, their would be no more patient submitted photos, because no one is going to put in the time and effort to meet your standard. Many clinics on here post patient submitted photos, so I'm unclear why this has become an issue in this thread.

What you're asking for is unreasonable, any patient submitted photos are basically the patient doing the clinic and the forum a favor. If you think patient submitted photos should be held to strict guidelines then you should go into the results posted by patients section and criticize every single poster, because not one thread is up to the standard you're asking for. If every patient submitted photo was held to the standard you want, their would be no more patient submitted photos, because no one is going to put in the time and effort to meet your standard. Many clinics on here post patient submitted photos, so I'm unclear why this has become an issue in this thread.

You misunderstood what I said, I would like every clinic to try to get the clients to take photos that are informative and revealing of the true result as opposed to those that are taken under ideal conditions and contribute to the illusion of hair coverage. I imagine many clinics do not do this, unfortunately it might not always be in their best interest to.

Ahhh understood, my apologies. I sincerely did think the hairline photo was taken by the clinic.