5 years homeopathy and allopathy treatment still hair loss

hopeehair

Dear friends,

Greetings to all !!

I had such a good hair that people said baldness never touch me. Unfortunately I'm suffering with male type alopecia. It is already 5 years now, I have been continuing treatment to check hair loss as well as to get new hair. I use homeopathy combination zaborandi+arnica to apply on scalp. Also used allopathy 5% lotion to apply on scalp but it dries the scalp and hair. So stop using it. Presently taking anstrid tablet (steroid) since last 4 months, but no luck :-(

The main issue is frequently I have some pimple on scalp and within just few days those area become painful and loss the hair... So I have to use candid-B lotion to apply on scapl, but still it is the main problem which destroy the hair folicols. I am interested in steam cell but still it is not promising. What else I can try to get rid of this issue and get new hair ?

The alopecia is increasing every month :-(

Please advise..

I would suggest stopping the homeopathy and going for something that has been proven to work, ie. Propecia.

Thanks, already taken Finasteride for 3 months but no success. Though the main cause is those pimple like skin issue on scalp which just clear the hair on the affected area. candid-B lotion check irritation but can't stop these problem....

How long should I take Finasteride ? what will be the side effect if taken for long ?

Thanks once again...

Thanks, already taken Finasteride for 3 months but no success..

No good. You need to wait at least 12 months, and take plenty of pics so that your emotions don't trick you.

The pimples, greasiness, and warmness of the skin were so common to me in my late teens early 20s in my balding temples and it was all that sebum, building up where the hair was minaturizing. It went hand-in-hand with balding for me. Horrible reminder every day, that it was all going.

You have to get on that propecia again and stick it out or resign yourself to baldness and start planning a new look.

No good. You need to wait at least 12 months, and take plenty of pics so that your emotions don't trick you.

The pimples, greasiness, and warmness of the skin were so common to me in my late teens early 20s in my balding temples and it was all that sebum, building up where the hair was minaturizing. It went hand-in-hand with balding for me. Horrible reminder every day, that it was all going.

You have to get on that propecia again and stick it out or resign yourself to baldness and start planning a new look.

Surely I want to continue Finastrade 1mg, but worried about its side effect. Waiting for steam cell treatment but no positive news yet

Waiting for steam cell treatment but no positive news yet

Stem cell, not steam cell.

If you are having a laugh, that's fine.. well done.

If you are serious, then I must say, you must be joking.

Waiting for stem cell, homeopathy, or any of the 'natural' therapies are just not real.

You are on the way to going bald.

good luck

Stem cell, not steam cell.

If you are having a laugh, that's fine.. well done.

If you are serious, then I must say, you must be joking.

Waiting for stem cell, homeopathy, or any of the 'natural' therapies are just not real.

You are on the way to going bald.

good luck

So what are the options ? Finastrade ?

I have already taken for 3 months... no result and now the Doctor says to discontinue it,

as continuation of finastrade has some strong side effects.....

What to do ?

Hi Hopeehair,

Have you experienced any side effects from Propecia since you've started taking it? Most people will not experience side effects at all. Only a small percentage of people do.

I've been taking it for 7 years. I have had no side effects and it has really helped to stabilize my hair loss. It really does help if you stick to it. I remember when I started I didnt really notice anything at first. What it does is stop the hair that you still have from falling out (and that is a good thing).

Good luck. M.

Hi Hopeehair,

Have you experienced any side effects from Propecia since you've started taking it? Most people will not experience side effects at all. Only a small percentage of people do.

I've been taking it for 7 years. I have had no side effects and it has really helped to stabilize my hair loss. It really does help if you stick to it. I remember when I started I didnt really notice anything at first. What it does is stop the hair that you still have from falling out (and that is a good thing).

Good luck. M.

Seven years ?? and you have no side effect ? If so it is really encouraging.

In my case I had little testicle pain and doctor sais if I continue the Finstrade for long, then

I may have prostate cancer, impotency in future. Hence I really concern about the continuation & seeking advise. I used 1mg power of Finastrade

Hope,

What type of physician told you this information? While I always support patients seeing a doctor ASAP, I'm wondering if it would be helpful to see one who specializes in alopecia/hair restoration.

Most experts recommend taking finasteride for a full 12 months (others will say 6) before evaluating whether or not it is effective. What's more, side effects are not guaranteed, and the studies about prostate cancer are frequently misinterpreted. If you are experiencing true side effects, then stopping the medication seems logical.

Otherwise, minoxidil (Rogaine) is the only other medication proven safe and effective for the treatment of androgenic alopecia and female pattern hair loss.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hope,

What type of physician told you this information? While I always support patients seeing a doctor ASAP, I'm wondering if it would be helpful to see one who specializes in alopecia/hair restoration.

Most experts recommend taking finasteride for a full 12 months (others will say 6) before evaluating whether or not it is effective. What's more, side effects are not guaranteed, and the studies about prostate cancer are frequently misinterpreted. If you are experiencing true side effects, then stopping the medication seems logical.

Otherwise, minoxidil (Rogaine) is the only other medication proven safe and effective for the treatment of androgenic alopecia and female pattern hair loss.

Good luck!

Hello,

I visited a dermatologist regarding the hairfall issue. He told me consumption of Finastrade after getting testicle pain might create some serious side effect, hence I have discontinued it. But I don't know if there is any other effective medicine than this. I have male tupe allopecia

Yes if you have pain its best to stop. have you tried minoxidil (Rogaine) as Future_HT_Doc suggested?

Yes, I've tried Minoxidil 5% for 5/6 months. The hair as well as the skin of temple were very much dried due to the apply of the lotion and hair became grey. It haven't help me :(

Hope,

I think your dermatologist is likely very qualified to assess your androgenic alopecia and hair loss medications. I would visit his office when you have concerns and heed his advice. Having said that, feel free to ask any additional questions.

Good luck!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Can you please suggest what medicine will be helpful at this stage ?

I have already used

1. Finastrade - 1mg - 3 months

2. minixodil 5% - 6 months

3. Homeopathy - jaborandi +arnica for 4 years

4. candid b lotions -

Hope,

I think your dermatologist is likely very qualified to assess your androgenic alopecia and hair loss medications. I would visit his office when you have concerns and heed his advice. Having said that, feel free to ask any additional questions.

Good luck!

Can you please suggest what medicine will be helpful at this stage ?

I have already used

1. Finastrade - 1mg - 3 months

2. minixodil 5% - 6 months

3. Homeopathy - jaborandi +arnica for 4 years

4. candid b lotions -

Hope,

Like I said before, I truly believe only your physician is qualified to make medication recommendations.

Having said that, the only two medications tested and proven safe and effective for hair loss are finasteride and minoxidil.

Good luck!

Hope,

Like I said before, I truly believe only your physician is qualified to make medication recommendations.

Having said that, the only two medications tested and proven safe and effective for hair loss are finasteride and minoxidil.

Good luck!

Dear HT_Doc,

Thanks for your response. I do understand your point, but Minoxidil has cause hair loss and dry skin at temple; not restore even after discontinue it. And Finastrade has caused testicle pain after 3 months, So stopped it. So the two proven medicines cause just reverse action ..... And I'm now clue less. Even don't know how to get back the lost hair due to Minoxidil. I like to continue Finastrade but don't know how to avoid the testicle pain. Can you advice any supportive medicine which can suppress this side effects and help to restore back the lost hair and then the growth ?

Thanks for your kind support.

• 2 weeks later...