Donor area 2 months after FUE

Hello, I am currently 2 months post op from a 1500 graft FUE transplant. The grafts were taken from the back left side of my head, leaving me room for another hair transplant in the future. At this point, my hair is about a size 2 all the way around my head and in the donor area it's noticeably thinner due to the transplant (you can see more scalp) My question is, will this get better over time or will I need to grow my hair longer? The whole reason I got a FUE was so I can keep my hair semi short so I'm hoping I can keep it like this down the road. Any help would be great! Thanks.

FUE is going to thin out your donor area. I recommend longer hair because the hairs that were harvested are obviously not going to grow back and the hairs lost (shock loss) during op would be back by now.

Who was your surgeon? Harvesting 1,500 grafts from one isolated area is very unorthodox as it can result in on area looking thinner than the other. In general it is wise to harvest from a wide area as to disperse the extraction points.

All that said, it took me 5 months for shockloss to fully revert, give it more time before making an analysis. I know it is hard hehe.