How take proscar for hair loss?

Yaz89

Hi everyone,

I recently had an hair transplant last week. My surgeon (Dr Koray Erdogan) advised me to start taking proscar to help me keep my crown area hair. The transplant focused on the frontal area and the temples. I do not have any loss or sign of thinning in the crown area. He recommended to take 1/4 pill everyday. What I would like to know if this is safe? I know proscar and propecia have the same active ingredient. But would like to know if 1.5mg (1/4 quarter of a pill) everyday is safe? Any proscar users here? How did you start? Did you take a smaller dose than 1.5mg everyday or daily? Is 1.5mg necessary everyday?

Thanks

My hair transplant thread:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172055-hair-tranplsant-dr-koray-erdogan-due-6-weeks.html

There may or may not be a lot of comments and pseudoscience comments here on finasteride. Look at reputable websites (A good one is Dr. Bernstein's in NY, Google Bernstein Medical Hair Transplant). He has a good page on hair loss medications. Also read the package insert.

I took it for 8 years with no side effects, stopped it (big mistake, and for no good reason than thinking maybe I really didn't have hair loss), and have restarted it.

There may or may not be a lot of comments and pseudoscience comments here on finasteride. Look at reputable websites (A good one is Dr. Bernstein's in NY, Google Bernstein Medical Hair Transplant). He has a good page on hair loss medications. Also read the package insert.

I took it for 8 years with no side effects, stopped it (big mistake, and for no good reason than thinking maybe I really didn't have hair loss), and have restarted it.

Thanks, I will take a look. So far I have explored other hair loss forums. My surgeon did say side-effects are quite rare. Usually people think far too much about the side-effects...I do intend to stick with it all my life or at least when I reach a certain age.

1/4 of a 5 mg tablet is actually 1.25 mg :)

There should be no problem at all, however I cut my Proscar in 5 pieces. Here is how:

Sorry! My bad...yep 1.25mg. I seen this video before! The thing is proscar tablets are very small and I am using a pill cutter. Well, Dr Koray said quarter them and take one quarter everyday, that's what I intend to do. If I do experience side-effects, I will spilt them into five's for a lower dosage. How does that sound?