Dr Lorenzo or Dr Bisanga

PJ1984

Hi all

If you had to choose between the two who would you go for for FUE? I know they say price shouldnt be a factor in your decision but Bisanga would be circa ?3k cheaper than Lorenzo. Would you be happy to go with Dr Bisanga?

PJ1984,

They are both excellent and you won't go wrong with either.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Cheers Chris. For the sake of ?3k i think id opt for Dr Bisanga then as its a lot of money.

So is Dr Erdogan on the same level as these 2 guys? I read that he lets the nurses take the extractions, is this a problem or would you only trust the surgeon to do this generally?

All 3 of them are recommended by Hair Restoration Network.

Research all 3 and I am sure the clinic representatives Mick from Farjo, SL and Denny of Dr Lorenzo, Dr Bisanga and Dr Erdogan respectively will answer any of your questions.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I think some of the cost is reflected in the more hands on approach of Dr Lorenzo who punches extracts and places all the grafts himself, techs only assist. Dr Bisanga punches and makes incisions techs do the rest. Having recently had consults with both Drs Lorenzo and Bisanga I felt the former was more passionate and interested in his work also he would do my smaller procedure over two days so I was paying ?4500 per day for Dr Lorenzo and around 7000 Euro + per day for Dr Bisanga. I think that this difference in cost is also reflected by strip surgeons where Dr Konior who is very hands on charges more than other top strip outfits. But I guess the proof of the pudding is always in the eating and it's results that count.

As they said, Dr. Bisanga is cheaper in price but based on the results I have seen I would say Dr. Lorenzo wins. In my own opinion I believe that Dr. Lorenzo is the best FUE surgeon in the world. However when it comes to BHT then Bisanga is superior :-)

In general any of these top 5 FUE surgeon is super safe in my honest opinion (Dr. Jose Lorenzo, Dr. Cristian Bisanga, Dr. Hakan Doganay, Dr. Koray Erdogan, Dr. Maras from HDC)...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

They are both top class in my book.

Bisanga does FUE but i think he prefers Strip on large procedures

Lorenzo has taken the old strip VS FUE into the trash with what he has accomplished with FUE.

We used to talk about superior numbers with strip and the need for combined procedures for high norwood' s but the guy just hits it out of the ballpark constantly with his FUE only results.

i am a higher NW and once dr bisanga evaluated my donor density and deternined that i was a good fue candidate he was totally confident and comfortable to do fue on me and did not push strip at all on me. he knew i was only interested in fue and did not even mention strip to me. im looking to get 5000-6000 grafts over 3 sessions. looking to plan a first session of 2800 in the next 6 months. dr bisanga said i can safely an easily get 5000-6000 grafts via fue.

Bisanga does FUE but i think he prefers Strip on large procedures

Lorenzo has taken the old strip VS FUE into the trash

Yep.. Exactly.

Bisanga is great but has three things to consider,

1) Likes FUE for 'small' jobs..even though his showman is/was? A 7000 FUE.

Otherwise it is strip, replete with the handsome growth that strip affords.

2) Has a conservative FUE extraction protocol.

3) Does extractions himself, which taxes his wrists and hands

BUT he has the talent, to do dense and very shallow-angle incisions.

Lorenzo iseems to be the current rock-star. He has blown open the tin pot arguments about FUE being a small local boutique type of touch up procedure to augment strip.

Without any BHT he began to show the world what FUE can do, in big numbers. I just hope he trains techs to do extractions, and moves off-shore to a place where they can legally do it, because he will ruin his hands and wrists soon enough at this rate. Meantime, enjoy the rewards.

I always have said strip gives more robust growth, but Lorenzo and Bisanga are so good, perhaps it's time to re-examine that too.

I'm 2 months post op from an FUE procedure with Dr Bisanga and so far I can't complain. In fact I've healed much better than expected and I've dealt with the ugly duckling period far better than I thought.

I did a LOT of research initially and still wouldn't change my decision with all the post-op research since my procedure. Granted what I've seen from Lorenzo is very impressive, I simply haven't seen enough patient-posted cases to 'vouch' for him or to have felt overly comfortable committing my head at the time. Obviously with his recent recommendation here that should change and guys have already begun posting which is great. I really think you can't go wrong with either doc, and in my opinion you've narrowed it down to 2 of the very best, globally.

Another thing to look into is clinic post op care etc. E.g. how responsive they have been post surgery to patient emails etc. Do as much research as possible and speak with former patients of both. It's a big decision and you don't want to leave yourself with any 'what ifs' etc.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Can't give you much in the way of experience as I've not had a HT yet but I can say that I've had 4/5 consultations including Bisanga, Shahmalak and Lorenzo. I've decided to go with Lorenzo.

Dont forget us my friend. Good luck with the procudure :)

just curious , what swayed u to lorenzo over bisanga?

Toss up really, both fantastic doctors at consultation and also both streets ahead of most at Fue when I did my research.

Story is, 2 years ago i saw bisanga when he came over to London and he was really honest with me. At the time I was using regaine but hadn't touched propecia before & bisanga said I was not a good candidate for this reason. Bisanga suggested that if I got my hairline restored and some more at the top I may lose hair further back in the future, therefore he recommended me to get on propecia for a couple of years to see if it stabilised. i was gutted but it was refreshing, as I had the week before had a consultation with a different company who just wanted me in the chair ASAP and hadn't even mentioned propecia to me!

2 years on, the propecia has certainly stabilised my hair and I went for a consultation with Lorenzo who is now working in partnership with Farjo in Manchester. Consultation was really positive and I just felt confident that this guy is an artist with Fue and I got to meet a client straight from surgery whose new hairline looked great. Lorenzo showed me lots of examples of his patients with similar loss to me and their results are awesome. He seems to be a genius at what he does.

I couldn't really choose between the two based on what I've researched as both of their work is out there on the Internet and really transparent for all to see. Its clear they are both wizards of Fue so it also came down to location for me and Manchester is a lot more accessible for me than Belgium.

I also felt really positive at consultation with Dr Lorenzo & Mick so decided to go with him. Hope this helps :)

thx for your honest detailed answer. i narrowed down my decision to dr bisanga and dr lorenzo. i think they are both amazing docs, however dr lorenzo is simply to expensive . being a canadian the exchange from canadian dollars to pounds is a killer.

• 1 month later...

In general any of these top 5 FUE surgeon is super safe in my honest opinion (Dr. Jose Lorenzo, Dr. Cristian Bisanga, Dr. Hakan Doganay, Dr. Koray Erdogan, Dr. Maras from HDC)...

Any particular reason why you didnt mention feriduni in your top 5? I know its all just subjective opinions, but I have noticed you mention him a few time before so curious if your opinion has changed.

I can say that I had narrowed my choices down to Lorenzo, Feriduni and Bisanga. I think they all have shown superior results, but Lorenzo and Bisanga seem a little more consistent in their results (just my opinion) and Lorenzo is particularly adept at larger sessions. I choose Lorenzo and had surgery with him 3 weeks ago and he lived up to us reputation in my eyes. Having spoken to him and other doctors I get the impression the top three are Lorenzo, Bisanga and Erdogan. If price is a concern then Erdogan and Bisanga are going to be your choice. For me the fact that Lorenzo did everything (he even buzzed my hair down himself) he was well worth the money. I'm sure there are some fantastic techs but the quality control of Lorenzo doing all his own punch and extractions as well as implants just gives a much higher likelihood of a superior result in my opinion.

You've already commented on his thread Stinger! ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172880-3-553-fue-dr-jose-lorenzo.html

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 4 weeks later...

Excuse that disagrees with you but I am an active member of spanish forum and we are there following for many years Dr Lorenzo and we don't consider him a Top...

It's good for advanced alopecia where patients do not want strip and achieves a normal coverage and with an optical effects is happy ... but if you need good density with his implanter is incapable of it ... besides with this tool not control the angles of the grafts as if they do using the lateral slit for example ....

So this Dr does not reach the level of doctors as Feriduni, Bisanga, Lupanzula, Koray, Maras and Mwamba, etc ... given examples of Europe working FUE... and with the implanter he never will...