FUT India vs USA/Canada

All,

I am thankful to all the friends & experts out here for their incredible contribution.

After going through tons of informative messages/threads, this is my first message.

I was just wondering if someone could answer my question.

I am considering FUT procedure in next 3 to 6 months of time down the line. I've two options in my mind:

1) 3000 to 4000 grafts FUT with either doctor Rahal or Hasoon & Wong which will going to cost me around 12000 to 13000 USD (approx).

2) Get 6000 to 8000 FUT grafts in India either with doctor Radha or Madhu. Cost is just $1 per graft

Please advise which will be a better option. I know there are no better doctors than H&W and Rahal globally. However if I consider the cost, I could get more than double the number of grafts in India and still save money. I live in US however India is my native country. So travelling to India for the procedure is not a problem at all.

Best surgeon in the world less grafts or double the number of grafts with a decent surgeon like Radha – which is more sensible? This is my query. Please advise. Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Sunny

Better doctor.......every day of the week.

Not to say that you wouldn't get a satisfactory result in India, but I think you might always have that thought in the back of your head over the next few decades "What if I had just gone to Dr X instead". That's one thought I'd hate to have hanging over me.

If your research had led you to feel that the better docs are in NA ,stick with that.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

You should go with whomever you feel will give the best result. If you can only afford 3000 grafts from H&W but you need 6000 for a satisfactory result then that should be a part of your decision.

Rahal will cost me 12000 (approx) for 3500 grafts (approx). I've started talking to his clinic via email and will have detailed conversation with Dr Rahal to get his judgment. Let's see what he would suggest and if 3500 grafts will be good enough. I do not want to spend over 12k.

If I spend 12k in India, I can get 8000 grafts with a doctor like Radha or Madhu and pay just 8000 USD for the procedure.

I know surgeon is the most important thing in any HT procedure. I am very new to this & wanted experts opinion before I make a final decision.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Sunny

Thats the ultimate question???

I have been doing intensive research and seen final results of both world, West or East; Who is the better hair transplant surgeons??

Well there is no yardstick by which we can judge, hair trasplant are closeted and none can take a peek whats really going. However I do think Dr. Radha, Dr. Bhatti, Dr. Madhu from India and Dr. Pathomvanich or Dr. Pong from Thailand can compete with world leading surgeon in the West. Yes, they do charge less, because the cost living in India or Thailand is much cheap, that’s all.

I hope did not confuse you on your decision. Much love

Don't base your decision on price. Pick the better dr. because 12 months from your surgery you don't want to say to yourself "what if" That's a mental game that will drive you crazy.

It's like buying a car that's cheaper... sure it does the same thing the other car will do, but if the more expensive one looks better, etc. you would be happy you spent the extra money or waited until you could. If you wear that car on the top of your head, you want it to look the best. You can cover a bad paint job with another coat, but a hair transplant is a one shot paint job.

If you spend 8,000 for an unsatisfying result, you would be willing to spend 80,000 to fix it. Spend the extra to give you the best chance to get it right.

This is my advice, because after two procedures I have the thoughts of what if I went to "X" clinic instead of "Y"

Thats the ultimate question???

I have been doing intensive research and seen final results of both world, West or East; Who is the better hair transplant surgeons??

Well there is no yardstick by which we can judge, hair trasplant are closeted and none can take a peek whats really going. However I do think Dr. Radha, Dr. Bhatti, Dr. Madhu from India and Dr. Pathomvanich or Dr. Pong from Thailand can compete with world leading surgeon in the West. Yes, they do charge less, because the cost living in India or Thailand is much cheap, that’s all.

I hope did not confuse you on your decision. Much love

Many thanks for the reply mate.

I've seen some good results from Dr Radha & was quiet convinced after a telephonic conversation with her.

Like I said, I've shortlisted 2 options so far keeping 12k USD budget in my mind:

1) Dr Rahal 3500 grafts FUT. cost 12k USD

2) Dr Radha 7000 to 8000 grafts FUT and still save money as overall cost will be just 7k to 8k.

I will take a decision in next few weeks. Any advice/opinion from an experienced friend like yourself is important to me.

Regards

Sunny

I see there is a trend of people looking for cheaper procedures in India. I am a bit conservative and afraid to think of something like that but maybe its all in my head. Sure things can go wrong even with the best docs but I feel somehow safer there.

On the other hand I guess if these doctors in India have proved themselves and are recognized and recommended with patients results to back them up then I can also see it with a positive eye in time. The price difference is too high and it certainly is tempting and anything that is good for the competition should be supported by patients.

Don't base your decision on price. Pick the better dr. because 12 months from your surgery you don't want to say to yourself "what if" That's a mental game that will drive you crazy.

It's like buying a car that's cheaper... sure it does the same thing the other car will do, but if the more expensive one looks better, etc. you would be happy you spent the extra money or waited until you could. If you wear that car on the top of your head, you want it to look the best. You can cover a bad paint job with another coat, but a hair transplant is a one shot paint job.

If you spend 8,000 for an unsatisfying result, you would be willing to spend 80,000 to fix it. Spend the extra to give you the best chance to get it right.

This is my advice, because after two procedures I have the thoughts of what if I went to "X" clinic instead of "Y"

Thanks for writing in. I am more inclined towards HT with Dr Rahal after seeing astonishing results however wanted to consider one more option before making a final decison.

Regards,

Sunny

I am in the same boat of you for the most part trying to decide between H&W or Dr Radha. Both are great.

And both are world class. Yes, H & W or Rahal have more results and a great track record. But I would not rule out Dr Rahda.

She has been producing some great results. And can stand on her own.

My comment is that 7000 Grafts is a lot of grafts w/ Dr Radha. Is this in two sessions?

It seems very optimistic to me. Did Dr Radha say you have 7000 Grafts available? For me,

I'd go with whatever doctor you think best chance of success.

w

I am in the same boat of you for the most part trying to decide between H&W or Dr Radha. Both are great.

And both are world class. Yes, H & W or Rahal have more results and a great track record. But I would not rule out Dr Rahda.

My comment is that 7000 Grafts is a lot of grafts w/ Dr Radha. Is this in two sessions?

It seems very optimistic to me. Did Dr Radha say you have 7000 Grafts available? For me,

w

Dr Radha is a fine doctor & there's no doubt abt it.

I sent my pictures to doctor Radha & she suggested 3000 grafts FUT however she said this is rough estimate only and the actual numbers depend on the donor density and scalp laxity.

Like I said I am very new to this & started my analysis few days back. I am trying to gather more inforation before I take a final decision on the procedure. So far I've shortlisted Dr Rahal & Dr Radha & initiated a conversation with their clinics. Yesterday I submitted an initial application form to Dr Rahal's clinic & expecting a feedback in days to come.

I am in touch with Rahal's rep as they are planning to schedule consultation soon.

November 1st I've a scheduled 1hr phone consultation with SMG.

Also in touch with Dr Radha from India.

In next 8 weeks or so, I will finalize HT surgeon.

w

Howz your serach going on mate?

I got a feedback from Dr Rahal's clinic. He has suggested 4000 grafts FUT. Cost is huge. So let's see. I will be taking to SMG on Nov 1st. Based on that I will decide.

All things considered your hair loss is not that bad. 3000 grafts should help you quite a bit. You're doing yourself right be getting consults: Rahal, Konior, H&W all good stalwarts of FUT. As for Dr Radha, she is

recommended on this site and that makes her legit. Yes, she is much cheaper. You'll just have to consider the travel etc.

I even had her and H&W on my ever changing list because I couldn't decide between FUT and FUE AND I need 4000 plus grafts. But i decided to go with Dr Hakan Doganay for FUE….

So bottom line, between Rahal and Radha there is no wrong choice. And if money is a big obstacle for you, (which in reality has to be considered) I'd go with Radha.

My two cents

w

All things considered your hair loss is not that bad. 3000 grafts should help you quite a bit. You're doing yourself right be getting consults: Rahal, Konior, H&W all good stalwarts of FUT. As for Dr Radha, she is

recommended on this site and that makes her legit. Yes, she is much cheaper. You'll just have to consider the travel etc.

I even had her and H&W on my ever changing list because I couldn't decide between FUT and FUE AND I need 4000 plus grafts. But i decided to go with Dr Hakan Doganay for FUE….

So bottom line, between Rahal and Radha there is no wrong choice. And if money is a big obstacle for you, (which in reality has to be considered) I'd go with Radha.

My two cents

w

Thanks once again for writing in & good luck for the procedure.

Did you try reseraching Dr. Bhatti for FUE?

Can you post a clear pic with your hair wet and brushed back?

All the comb over pics wont help you get a honest answer and even your most honest pics look a little like your trying to hide your balding area..

Im sure it bothers you to be balding by your pics you posted, but you have to learn to be honest with yourself to get good opinions and results.

The good news is it looks like you got great donor hair and plenty to spare...

Good luck whatever you do

Thanks once again for writing in & good luck for the procedure.

Did you try reseraching Dr. Bhatti for FUE?

I did, even had a skpe consullt with Dr Bhatti, very capable, him but I felt more comfortable with Dr Hakan Doganay only because he has more documented higher FUE cases. Good luck to you as well!!

Can you post a clear pic with your hair wet and brushed back?

All the comb over pics wont help you get a honest answer and even your most honest pics look a little like your trying to hide your balding area..

Im sure it bothers you to be balding by your pics you posted, but you have to learn to be honest with yourself to get good opinions and results.

The good news is it looks like you got great donor hair and plenty to spare...

Good luck whatever you do

Nothing to hide bro. I am just being lil lazy. I've taken the pics with excessive oil & hair combed backwards. I will post it tonight once I reach home. Pics are in my home laptop.

Regards

Those are better pics to judge on....Now im not a expert and I have somewhat less hair loss then you and kinda the same shape head (which is good, its not a big wide bald area) I had about 3000 grafts and it looks pretty good, BUT I think 3000 more would be exactly what I want...

What Im trying to say is, I think you need more then 3000 grafts....I think your hair is better then mine (even though I have less loss and pretty good hair)

So if you want my professional opinion (I work maintenance) haha? I think you need more then 3000 and should go for as many as you can spare and afford....Im sure you'll look good with 3000, BUT Im very selfish and always want more

To explain my loss better....Your front is just like my loss.. You just have more lose in the back

Those are better pics to judge on....Now im not a expert and I have somewhat less hair loss then you and kinda the same shape head (which is good, its not a big wide bald area) I had about 3000 grafts and it looks pretty good, BUT I think 3000 more would be exactly what I want...

What Im trying to say is, I think you need more then 3000 grafts....I think your hair is better then mine (even though I have less loss and pretty good hair)

So if you want my professional opinion (I work maintenance) haha? I think you need more then 3000 and should go for as many as you can spare and afford....Im sure you'll look good with 3000, BUT Im very selfish and always want more

To explain my loss better....Your front is just like my loss.. You just have more lose in the back

Thanks for the feedback.

I am looking to get 4000 to 5000 grafts FUT.

My consultation is already done with three doctors:

Rahal suggested 4000 grafts.

SMG - Ron Shapiro. Suggested 4000 grafts.

Radha - suggested 3000 plus grafts.

I am just waiting to talk to H&W before I make a final decision regarding choice of doctor/clinic.

You mentioned you had 3000 grafts transplanted. Please can you let me know which doctor you went to? How was your experience?