Fue?

I'm new to the forum and would appreciate any experiences you have had with FUE. I am considering consulting with DR Haber about this form of HT. I'm extremely concerned about scars in the donor area, and it appears that this process helps reduce scarring. That being said, I believe I would be about a 5 on the Norwood scale. Are there any problems with an FUE procedure given my level of baldness??

Any insight is much appreciated...

Hopeful,

As you're probably aware, FUE is not a scarless procedure. However, FUE scarring is different than FUSS (strip) scarring, and most believe it results in less visible scar formation overall. Dr. Haber is a great hair restoration surgeon and FUE is not contraindicated in high Norwood patients. Granted, it may take more sessions and only be attempted by a select number of physicians, but it can be done. I think a lot of the larger FUE cases we've seen posted on the community recently are a testament to this.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.