Do you feel it (hair regrowth) before you see it?

I've just passed 14 week post up with Ron Shapiro and don't appear to have any regrowth as yet, and am dealing with a lot of frontal recipient-area shock loss. But if I run my hands through this area I fancy I feel some stubbly growth, although neither my eyes or my camera can confirm this. I'm hoping this is the first sign of regrowth and wondering whether it is usual to feel it before you see it.

Hi Bertie,

14 weeks is still quite early. The 3 month period is really the earliest potential point for new growth, so it is probably best to monitor this stubble now and see how it progresses. However, I think the old saying "a watched pot never boils" may hold some merit here, and it is important not to drive yourself crazy closely tracking the new growth at this stage.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Fortunately, I have a patient nature, and I realise that the "3 month period is really the earliest potential point for new growth". Nevertheless, it would be interesting to know the first signs of regrowth experienced by others and whether it is "is usual to feel it before you see it". I'm quite surprised that no one has responded to this question.

Most likely the stuble you feel is native shocked hair returning mixed with a few early growing grafts comthing through.

I am feeling the same thing in the area that was worked on and had shock loss.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Most likely the stuble you feel is native shocked hair returning mixed with a few early growing grafts comthing through.

I am feeling the same thing in the area that was worked on and had shock loss.

There is a good chance of this. I was the same way until I hit the 6-7 month mark, and then I just started leaving it alone and scrutinizing it constantly.

I'd say no. If you can't see it then it's probably more the bumps from the grafts you're feeling.

My advice is don't look in the mirror any more than you need to. Avoid your reflection at all cost. Hair grows faster when you are not starring it down :)

Hah, I don't know. I am occasionally feeling some itch on the scalp and I had a crazy idea that this is from the hairs that come out from under the skin :) I don't know man, if it is then it's good for you, either way something will eventually appear.

And there is no way that I don't examine my hair at least three times a day--each time I apply Rogaine and take a shower--to confirm that there are new short hairs filling in...