Odd request.. would any dr do this??

Hi everyone!! Im new to this awesome forum and happy to be a part of it!!:D I have two questions:

Ok, I have about 15 grey hairs which ive had for years(none more have popped out) and will pluck them out ever now and then. I was wondering if any Dr can permanently extract them if I go in for a small fue??

second question, I have a slight recession on the mid corner of my hairline which i feel can be fully restored with under 1000 grafts. My question, Can I choose to have only hair from my sideburns extracted? I always shave my side burns completely and i figured It would be a good idea to get rid of hair i shave off. Also, just curious, how many grafts can be harvested by completely depleting my two sideburns??? Thank you so much for your time.

I would suggest going to an aesthetician to remove those few grey hairs but eventually you'll, probably get more grey hair you may want to check dyeing them.

I would suggest using the normal donor hair for that area to be transplanted it would be better quality overall and you don't want little scars on your face from FUE even if they're small.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I doubt any doctor would agree to remove your sideburns to transplant into the scalp, and any that would agree I would not recommend you have a procedure with. It is very unusual and scaring is very hard to predict because it is largely dependent on unseen factors of a patient's physiology. I've seen people's side burns thin or disappear with age so there is no guarantee the hair will not be susceptible to DHT and fall out later. If you want to have a procedure done stick to the traditional donor hair.

As for grey hair I wouldn't extract the hairs using the most invasive technique, like Thehairupthere stated go to an aesthetician or dye your hair. I can't see a doctor being willing to extract 15 hairs from your head. Aside from the fact that you are no doubt going to have more grey hairs popping up, what are you going to do if your whole head turns grey, extract all of your hair?

thanks for the reply, great job...

I guess it does make sense to not have any extractions from sideburn hair. thanks for clearing that up.

As for the grey.. ive had these 15 grey hairs at the top of my scalp for about 10 years(im 25) and literally have not had another pop up in all this time so id figured it was low risk high reward. I guess I can just use toppik for the grey.

thanks for the reply, great job...

I guess it does make sense to not have any extractions from sideburn hair. thanks for clearing that up.

As for the grey.. ive had these 15 grey hairs at the top of my scalp for about 10 years(im 25) and literally have not had another pop up in all this time so id figured it was low risk high reward. I guess I can just use toppik for the grey.

Well I guess if it really bothers you, you could consult with a doctor, who knows I'm not a doctor so maybe they will do it. I guess it's something they could probably do while you were having a procedure done. I just see it as a pretty invasive solution to a minor problem. Also I'm not really sure toppik is going to be very effective at covering up some grey hair.