10 days in check the pics

Hi, my name is Scott and I am a new member. I had an FUT surgery done 10 days ago and seem to be healing great. My transplanted hair is even growing. I am slightly worried about a light redish spot on the transplanted area but since sutures come out tomorrow I'll discuss it with my doc. Hope you like the pics! This picture is day 9 post op FYI.

image.jpg.30d85628a26fe7e07b3aab24f22e740c.jpg

Scotty,

Welcome and congratulations! I hope you'll continue to keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Who was your doctor? I don't want to scare you, but that looks like a very poor hairline design. It looks like they placed an unnatural square hairline. I really wish you the best, but the hairline design does not look very good. Your transplanted area looks like a very sharp trapezoid.

Hi, my name is Scott and I am a new member. I had an FUT surgery done 10 days ago and seem to be healing great. My transplanted hair is even growing. I am slightly worried about a light redish spot on the transplanted area but since sutures come out tomorrow I'll discuss it with my doc. Hope you like the pics! This picture is day 9 post op FYI.

How many grafts have you done?

How many grafts have you done?

Scotty,

I had my transplant by the same doctor. If you have any questions let me know. Redness in the recipient area is normal 10 days post op. This slight redness might continue for another two months. Your concern seems to be the spot that is a bit redder than the surrounding area. Let me know what the Dr. says about that. If I was to guess his response, it would be "that's normal, don't worry about it"

Who was your doctor? I don't want to scare you, but that looks like a very poor hairline design. It looks like they placed an unnatural square hairline. I really wish you the best, but the hairline design does not look very good. Your transplanted area looks like a very sharp trapezoid.

Read his profile. Dr. Daniel McGrath.

Anyway, regarding the hairline, how can you assess it with those pics? I wouldn't worry about the design at this point. I have seen a million different hairlines. There is no one "normal" looking hairline. In fact you would probably rather a hairline that doesn't look like a typical HT patient. It will come down to singles and doubles being placed properly, closely together in order to give a good look. I agree in the "trapezoid" comparison shape, but from the pics, without knowing what is transplanted and what is shaved down native hair it wouldn't be responsible to give an opinion on that matter (given the provided photos).

Regarding the "redness" concern I wouldn't worry about it. Try to avoid that TX sun. Scalp skin is the most likely to get sun burned. That's why you always see fair skinned people in the summer with red heads in the angle of where the follicles use to be.

Edited by Patriot34

Thanks for the posts guys. Got my sutures out today (day 10) and I was nervous for no reason. Cute girl took them out with ease. As for the hairline, I have a very long skinny head so the pictures are deceiving since I'm hiding my face and the area around the front line is still discolored around the grafts slightly... I assure you my hairline is my liking and it is very similar to what it was when I was a kid.

The doctor told me the reddish spot could be a few things one being an ingrown hair causing the small spot of irritation. He gave me some antibiotics(pill form and gel stuff). He said it should be nothing to worry about and if I had any other issues with it come in and see him.

So far I have really liked Dr. Daniel McGrath. He's a cool down to earth guy.

Anyways more pics to follow soon! Any advice is much appreciated for the road ahead since this is my first procedure. I had almost 2K grafts done btw. Only charged me for 1700 :)

Edited by Scotty

Quick pic of new scar on the back of my head. Obviously it's very visible now but when the hair grows back in and I cut it all to the exact same length it should be hidden quite nicely. Plus the back of my head is mainly 3's so I have that working for me.

image.jpg.8b06ef457318927fa44c035e0d9b5e63.jpg

My advice is to stop looking in the mirror and have realistic expectations... It will drive you insane critiquing your progress every day... take pictures ever month and base your progress off those because it happens so slow you really won't recognize it happening.

The best advice I can give is don't stretch the donor scar!!! Don't look down or put your chin on your chest whenever possible. This includes in the shower or going to the restroom. DON'T do it. Don't risk stretching that sucker. You had 2,000 grafts and it's your first procedure, so most likely you will be alright, but don't risk it. The smaller the donor scar, the easier a second procedure will be for you if you ever need it.

Thanks for the advice RopainNogain. I will try to slow down my picture taking but I am so excited to see what I look like in 6 months. I have great elasticity so I think my scar will be fine, but trying not to touch chin to chest is what I have been doing so far.

Thanks for the advice!

You're welcome. You will most likely be excited by the 4 month mark as you will start to develop a hairline. At 6 months the excitment really kicks off.

Word for the wise.... I was told I have great elasticity too, and then I got a stretched scar.... when I confronted the Dr. about the situation he said...... because you have a lot of elasticity. My scar is 1cm tall from ear to ear.

Do you know how dense your grafts were placed near the hairline and frontal regions?

It seems like you’re doing the right things. Don't let me scare you as I’ve had two surgeries, I’m just giving you some insight on what to watch out for.

wow, 1 cm still seems okay doesn't it? Especially for 2 HT's.

I don't know the density of the grafts placed. My pictures really don't show how great it looks since I used my phone and the area was still a little red at the time. My implanted hair is actually growing a lot but i'm sure it will fall out in the coming weeks. But for now it looks pretty cool.

Looking good.Thanks for sharing.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture