Raymond Konior, MD – Chicago – 4478 Graft Hair Restoration

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow! Just. Wow. What a gorgeous transformation! This is what the artistry of hair restoration is about.

I just hope that Dr. K can resist the temptation to abandon his 1 surgery-per-day, 1 tech team approach given the high demand for his services. The consistent quality he and his tech team achieve by focusing exclusively on 1 patient per surgical day, with Dr. K handling most of the heavy lifting himself, speaks for itself. Unfortunately, this patient-oriented approach to hair transplantation is becoming a rarity.

That's a very nice comment. I'll note that he does have a team of cutters and assistants, plus the one tech that assists in placing, but entire procedure is centered around the doctor and patient with all of the "machine" working around them. However, it's definitely a team event that focuses on one patient at a time.

Incidentally, Dr. Gabel falls into same category as he was trained by Dr. Konoir, picked up his work ethic and protocol, and still uses it today.

There are still doctors that follow this method, but you are right, they are becoming fewer and fewer.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

These results are mind-blowing. The hairline artistry makes the procedure completely undetectable and is on-par with nature itself. The patient has good growth density already, and still probably has some growing that remains to help fill out even more. This is a conference-worthy result! Great job!

after spending so much time researching ht's. i have started to noticed when dr k has a younger patent his damn hairlines are seriously the best ever. the older the patents seem to have way less density, but man his younger patents seriously amaze me. same with some other drs but dr K just look so damn dense. you can see when a patent leans forward its like he doubles each hair next to one another because you can see how much more hair is up front the the whole head. where as other drs seem to have a normal more even look. i personally love the full density hairline so you can style it rather than just the typical comb over.

That's a very nice comment. I'll note that he does have a team of cutters and assistants, plus the one tech that assists in placing, but entire procedure is centered around the doctor and patient with all of the "machine" working around them. However, it's definitely a team event that focuses on one patient at a time.

Incidentally, Dr. Gabel falls into same category as he was trained by Dr. Konoir, picked up his work ethic and protocol, and still uses it today.

There are still doctors that follow this method, but you are right, they are becoming fewer and fewer.

This patient has had a first rate transplant and results. Great job.

Spanker: I agree. One of the reasons that I had my transplant with Dr. Gabel (and I did my homework and consulted with other groups) is that he is focused on my case for the entire procedure. He took the strip, made the slits, and he and his other assistant placed the entire time. It was a great team effort with Dr. Gabel leading the way. And as you said, it is to the patient's benefit that there are still some doctors with this work ethic.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Quote from Charles R. Swindol

March 14, 2013. 2462 grafts to the crown

Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel in Portland, Oregon

Dr. Gabel's Website

• 1 year later...

Fantastic result for 4500 grafts, worth a bump. Just trying to figure out how his crown got so glorious when it was not focused on - he must have started minoxidil and really responded exceptionally to it in 10 months.

Pic 27 is pretty amazing by the way.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• 5 years later...
  • Administrators

@champybaby amazing journey 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.