How can 2 Dr's differ so much in my assessment?

wolfsatplay

So, I thought I'd share my experience consulting various doctors regarding my situation.

I am an NW5 looking for a HT in Dec, but still I still don't know what technique is best for me.

And I have been fairly thorough in my research.

Anyway, i had a face to face consult with a rather well known FUT doctor, who suggested with scalp laxity exercises, he could get 4500 to 5000 grafts. I was happy, but felt it was a little optimistic.

I then sent pictures and had a skype consult with a shall we say, up and coming FUE dr, at least on this forum, who suggested, "there is no way you have 5000 FUT grafts, maybe 3000 at best". I told him "are you suggesting that one of the best FUT dr's in the world is wrong?' And he said, " I used to do FUT and there's no way you have 5000 Grafts.

Now I understand some dr's are going to differ in their judgement but that seems like a quite a bit. And it was quite a surprise the way he just said it so matter of factly.

Confusing to say the least.

I would try to do another in person consult and seen if the inconsistency lies in skype versus in person. Do you think you have any particularly poor characteristics?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think I'm well within average. Medium density. No dr yet has actually measured my density - both did it with their eye and experience. Both were FUT Dr's. I tried to set up an app to see Dr Konior but had to call to cancel, although I did send him pics and he got back to me quickly saying 3500 to 4000 might be achievable as long as I had realistic expectations about coverage.

Hi

I had my last FUT approx 2.5 years ago. I still would most likely have made the same choices again. I was same Norwood as you. So X2 strips first for 2200 and 2nd as 3300.

But then i had FUE to give further density nearly 5 months ago.

I guess what im saying is you will most likely need 2 procedures.

Thanks. Yeah, i figure I'll need 2.

My plan was to go strip first at 4000 G, then a second session down the road with 2500 FUE.

I would go FUE for both but I just don't think I have that many grafts for two sessions of FUE.

Happy growing.

Like your plan...! thats a great idea and pretty much the way i planned mine IE go for as big numbers as possible FUT and then FUE next.

Im thinking of using beard hair if i need any future HTs as mine is ridiculously thick.

Have you considered Doganay ? i have seem some impressive work from him on this website.

First off, if you've got a thick beard, then consider yourself lucky. It's basically like getting free hair. I'm not fortunate as you I really have no beard. It's stubble at best.

And yes, I have considered Dr Hakan Doganay. I'm back and forth between him and H&W, (Dr Wong) except I think I'll get more grafts via FUT w/H&W. I just dread the strip scar

I think I'm well within average. Medium density. No dr yet has actually measured my density - both did it with their eye and experience. Both were FUT Dr's. I tried to set up an app to see Dr Konior but had to call to cancel, although I did send him pics and he got back to me quickly saying 3500 to 4000 might be achievable as long as I had realistic expectations about coverage.

Was this a lifetime guess or just the first procedure?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Was he saying that is the total he would ever be able to get out of you, or is that how many he could get in the first procedure?

View Spanker's Website