OK to Travel Extensively after Transplant?

Hello! I live in Azerbaijan which is very close to Turkey. I am looking at being able to take 17-20 days off work and was wondering if it is comfortable to travel extensively during this time as I do not want to spend all this time at home.

I was planning Baku Azerbaijan - Turkey - Portland Oregon - Houston Texas - Drive to Dallas and back - Back to Baku. It is a pretty frenzied itinerary of about 4 days in each place. I haven't been home in almost a year and wanted to know if those who traveled for FUE was it enjoyable or were you just ready to kiss the ground afterwards and didn't want to move.

5b32db31cc10f_ScreenShot2013-10-12at3_11_05AM.png.9b53e70fee87e16d8b25e21ed2de94fe.png

Just try not to bump your head if you are traveling everywhere, whether getting in and out of a plane or automobile. I went hiking for miles down some trails up in Vancouver the day after I got my transplant. You shouldn't have any problems at all. Just make sure you have your pillow to sleep on, along with your pain pills, and you will be good to go. I had FUT by the way

I had a FUE and I don't think it's a good idea at all. Travel for the first 10 days and leave at least 7 remaining days for recovery. No matter how good and clean the surgery, you will have up to 10.000 (+/-) relatively deep incisions on your head, tons of local anesthetics, painkillers and other drugs. You will feel uncomfortable on the sun for the first couple of days. You'll be all drowsy from the drugs and shock of the operation for days. You will likely have some swelling on the days 3-5, even with antihistamines, and you might be lying for hours with ice on your forehead. Believe me, it is not a good time to travel, especially not overseas. Of course it might be easier if you are having a smaller intervention, but I would still strongly dissuade you from doing that.

Edited by abcd0000

This is a good question. Because the majority of people who get HT do travel. And many travel the day after their HT before the swelling sets in. I would think, as abcd mentioned, FUT would be obviously less comfortable than FUT. But it would be great to hear from more people about their travel experience after getting a HT.