Shedding ??? Help!!

Hi All,

I appear to be losing quite a lot of hair at the moment and wondered if this could be down to a seasonal shed or just a case of aggressive loss?

I have just had a HT, but the loss im talking about isnt in the areas where Ive had work done, so I do not believe this is to be any form of shockloss.

Could this be a seasonal shed? Is this the right time of year for a seasonal shed. Also can you have shedding from meds if you have been on them for some while ?

I have been on Propecia & Minoxidil for just over 2 years and my loss until the last few weeks has been very stable.

I would appreciate any advice as Im really beginning to panic!!

Thanks

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

If you believe in seasonal hair loss, which some research indicates is a true thing and not a myth, then yes, this would be the right time of the year for it. I tend to believe that seasonal shedding is not a myth, but I wouldn't call anyone a fool who doesn't believe in it. Not a ton of research out there.

50-100 hairs will be lost a day on average. Understand this is the lifecycle for hair. Some will grow back some may not. No one can really determine that based on looking at the hairs on the pillow. Do not panic and come off your DHT medications. That is a mistake many people make and end up permanently loosing follicles that could have easily had much more years of life. Even with meds you will continue to shed hair - hopefully the follicle hasn't been destroyed by DHT. If it has then nothing can bring that sucker to life again.

Anyone else have any comments please?

Thanks

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

It could be a seasonal shed. I have went through heavy sheds on and off my entire life.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Cheers Spanker.

Its strange because my hair was looking at its best in June, now its the probably the worst its been for some time. I have just had a HT so i know it could be down to that in some areas.

Does anyone know if you can shed on the Meds after being on them for a long while ?

Thanks

Total 5134 grafts.

Is there a way to determine whether a hair that has fallen outis from dht/permanent or just seasonal shedding ?

I thought I remembered reading something about if the hair that came out can still be seen with a bulb attached to it, then it's dht dead?

How long ago did you have the transplant?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Blake

My Ht was on the 20th Sept, so that does fall in line with shockloss but the loss isnt quite in the area where I had work done. It is quite close though.

Total 5134 grafts.

Hi Buzz,

Yeah, it does still within the shock loss period. While it could be a seasonal shed, I do think shock loss may be a more likely culprit. How far apart are the two areas?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I would say about 1 cm at the front and about 2cms in the crown. I appreciate this is still very close but I was under the impressionnit would only affect hairs in the exact region.

Hopefully I am wrong,!!!!

Thanks

Total 5134 grafts.