MY NEW 2579 FUE HT - Dr. Rahal

FUE2579

My 6 month update. Things are looking good so far and I have noticed a huge difference. I hope it gets thicker and more mature. I still feel a lot of little tiny hairs sprouting but it seems like the left is not as full as the right. Maybe its just me but the hairline and the hairs just behind the hairline are not all quite grown yet. It looks like there are still some gaps. Do the hairs grow at separate times? Like are there still grafts yet to break through the skin? I sure hope so.

Try to relax. It's looking great. Here's what my surgeon's rep says about 'uneven' growth:

Hair grows differently between individual hair follicles and zones of implantation. When it starts growing, it is initially under the skin and then often emerges baby fine and with little or no pigmentation. This slow and discreet process can be disconcerting, especially when other hair has emerged and become visible more quickly.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a nice hairstyle. back to where you said the native hairs arent as thick as before? since your not on any meds, it could be your natural hairloss progressing. so the hairs behind your transplanted area, will eventually thin and recede. might be happening now thats why its not as thick as before?

Try to relax. It's looking great. Here's what my surgeon's rep says about 'uneven' growth:

Hair grows differently between individual hair follicles and zones of implantation. When it starts growing, it is initially under the skin and then often emerges baby fine and with little or no pigmentation. This slow and discreet process can be disconcerting, especially when other hair has emerged and become visible more quickly.

Thanks, Since21! I appreciate the response. One question, how long does it take for the native hairs to be restored to how you looked pre-op? Its not DRASTICALLY thin but it is thinner than before. Is it still early stages in terms of native hair going back to original state? It does concern me a little bit but as for the results of the transplanted area, I am pleased with how its gone so far. I hope that both sides even out eventually! :D

Also, does being on meds really make that much of a difference? I have never been on meds and I feel that my hairloss wasn't very severe. I'm 28 by the way. I am reluctant to start taking them now.

Thanks for sharing man. Looks great!

For what it's worth my hair looked thinner up until the 6-7 month mark from my first HT. It was strip though. Not sure if it matters. I know Rogaine did help in my case. I'm not sure if you're on Propecia. I am and that also helped i'm sure.

Best advice I can give is to forget about it... hide the mirror and start enjoying life again :) I remember buying a magnifier from Shoppers and over analyzing everything. It's easy to do so early in the game.

You went with a solid doc and will turn out well.

I'm speaking to Chad about a date now and appreciate your updates. This time around will be FUE for me so your updates are helpful.

Thanks!

One question, how long does it take for the native hairs to be restored to how you looked pre-op? Its not DRASTICALLY thin but it is thinner than before. Is it still early stages in terms of native hair going back to original state?

I don't know the answer to that, to be honest. Everyone is different.

Also, does being on meds really make that much of a difference?

Look at this result and see what Mick from Farjo has to say about the difference meds make in this case:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173872-3939-fus-dr-lorenzo-injertocapilar-com-farjo.html

Med’s of course have had a role in the result. Med’s can improve native hair. If you see the result at 5 months you will see that the crown (not touched), improved, and also the sides of the unsafe area did the same. That’s the reason they decided to postpone a second procedure.

Capturadepantalla2014-03-24alas213556_zps9f83a6cb.png

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still a little bit concerned about the growth on my left side, more specifically the hair line. I feel a lot of little "pricklies" still growing in but is that all? Will there still be more growth? I'm almost 6.5 months post-op and I'm starting to get a little bit worried. There are gaps where the hairline is. I know I'm not supposed to compare my results to others but this slow and uneven growth is making me nervous. I called the office and the secretary advised me that Rahal did 62 cm2. I'm assuming that was the hairline. Ahhhhh, this waiting game is making me anxious. I just want to stop worrying about it. Hopefully things pick up in the next month or so.

• 2 weeks later...

7 months and left side is slower growing than the right. Should I be concerned Hairline and behind the hairline is weaker than the right. Right doesn't seem full growth but better than the left.

I am on 7 months too and experiencing exactly the same. Don't worry about it, still many months of growth left yet.

• 1 month later...

What input do you guys have about propecia or finisteride? I don't know what the difference is. Would anyone recommend taking it? i'm 8.5 months post op. Would it have a negative effect on me? Is there any way of knowing? Any advice people can give me about it in general? Pros/cons?