MY NEW 2579 FUE HT - Dr. Rahal

FUE2579

Thanks, hairsopening! You're right, I'll try not to over think it. These anxieties can really get to you at times. I appreciate the feedback. Please, If anyone else could give me their HONEST opinions, whether it be bad or good, it would be great! Cheers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you look fantastic for 4.5 months. It's normal to be nervous at this stage, but you look like you are coming along nicely. The concern of whether or not you will look "normal" or "stupid" shouldn't be an issue since you already look perfectly normal right now, there is no way anyone would think you had a HT. Just relax, I'm sure you will be happy in the end, you already look better than pre-op

I think you look fantastic for 4.5 months. It's normal to be nervous at this stage, but you look like you are coming along nicely. The concern of whether or not you will look "normal" or "stupid" shouldn't be an issue since you already look perfectly normal right now, there is no way anyone would think you had a HT. Just relax, I'm sure you will be happy in the end, you already look better than pre-op

Greatjob, I appreciate the the feedback! The native hair isn't quite as full as it was pre-op. Just hoping that it all goes back to its original density and thickness. Are hairs are still weak after this long post-op? And are the ones that were shocked still in the resting phase and about to sprout? Anyone? Jeeze, I might sound like a broken record, I guess I just need reassurance....

hey guys.

I'm almost 4 months post op and I've noticed that the back of my head (donor area) has had some increased shedding. I notice it a lot when I'm taking a shower. It's not patchy, could this be shock loss? I'm not on any meds nor do I use rogaine. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated.

I honestly think you should start using 5% minoxidil, otherwise you're going to lose a lot of your native hair. Before I had my surgery, every time I would shower, I would noticed a lot of hair is shedding but 2 weeks after the HT, I started to use 5% minoxidil (2 times/day and I haven't missed a day yet).. at first there was still shedding while using it but "now" I do feel like my hair got a lot thinker/stronger and I don't see anymore shedding. Read number 14. on Dr Rahals book (they one that he gave us). It says he "strongly recommends the use of Minoxidil 5% for 1 year (you should really take his advice). Again, not saying you have to take it but I would recommend you to. This is just from my honestly and experience so far.

You have a beautiful head of hair that some of us only dream we could have! Your 4.5 mo progress looks amazing and of course it will continue to get better for you. You had a procedure with one of the best doctors in the field! Don't worry so much and enjoy your progression.

You have a beautiful head of hair that some of us only dream we could have! Your 4.5 mo progress looks amazing and of course it will continue to get better for you. You had a procedure with one of the best doctors in the field! Don't worry so much and enjoy your progression.

Thanks, home1212! I appreciate the kind words my friend. Anyone else have any input? :confused: It's much appreciated.

Hey guys. Can anyone please take a look at my latest post on my thread? I'm at 4.5, almost 5 months post op and my native hair is not like it was pre-op. I have never taken any meds before or after my procedure. Does anyone have experience with delayed recovery of the native hair? At what stage did it thicken up and the density go back to normal? Are the hairs that were shock loss still in resting phase and about to start growing again? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. I'm starting to get a little worried about the state of my native hair. Thanks

Hey guys. Can anyone please take a look at my latest post on my thread? I'm at 4.5, almost 5 months post op and my native hair is not like it was pre-op. I have never taken any meds before or after my procedure. Does anyone have experience with delayed recovery of the native hair? At what stage did it thicken up and the density go back to normal? Are the hairs that were shock loss still in resting phase and about to start growing again? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. I'm starting to get a little worried about the state of my native hair. Thanks

Hey man I went ahead and made a side by side comparison of your pre-op and current situation, because sometimes you get tunnel vision and can't see the trees through the Forrest.

2_zpsa332d5b3.jpg

For the grafts used and it only being 4.5 months I'd say this is a pretty great result so far.

Thanks, greatjob! I appreciate you going out of your way to show the comparison. Here's the thing, It doesn't look very thin when my hair is brushed down. It is considerably thinner when I run my hair through it now than when I did it pre-op. Is this just the cycle of hair growth due to the hairs that were lost due to shockloss? Will they grow back? Because I have noticed quite a bit of shedding on the top of my head (native hairs) and in my donor area. That is my main concern. If you notice in the picture to the left, it is a lot thicker than it is in my most recent one. Feedback anyone? I apologize if I sound like a broken record.

Thanks, greatjob! I appreciate you going out of your way to show the comparison. Here's the thing, It doesn't look very thin when my hair is brushed down. It is considerably thinner when I run my hair through it now than when I did it pre-op. Is this just the cycle of hair growth due to the hairs that were lost due to shockloss? Will they grow back? Because I have noticed quite a bit of shedding on the top of my head (native hairs) and in my donor area. That is my main concern. If you notice in the picture to the left, it is a lot thicker than it is in my most recent one. Feedback anyone? I apologize if I sound like a broken record.

At this stage nothing about your hair should be as it was before surgery. You need to give the result, and your scalp, the time they deserve to heal, grow, improve and reach their potential. Shockloss does not operate on a set schedule that is the same for everyone so it can take time to get everything back to normal.

One reason why your hair in the pic on the left looks fuller is because it is longer. That is one of the big differences I see. It is difficult to really get a handle on some of the negatives after surgery because nothing is clear. Native hair, healing issues, shockloss, all this can muddy the self assessment. Instead, focus on what is positive. You have what appears to be a lot more hair in your temples so your hairline is not so narrow and it looks like it is filling in nicely. THAT is the thing you should be looking at because quite honestly nothing else on your scalp looks out of the ordinary, thin, shocked, or in a state of healing. I personally think you're coming along nicely so relax, kick back and watch the result continue to unfold:)

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

FUE2579,

Your hair looks really good, natural, thick and dense in the photos I've seen.

Since you are only 4 to 5 months post-op, you should see more thickening of the transplanted hair and any shocked hair is still growing back. The state of your natural hair should return to normal in several more months, typically around the 1 year mark which is when your hair transplant will mature.

Do understand however that hair transplant results is about an illusion of density. You will never obtain "true" density and under some lighting, your hair will always appear thinner. However, the state of your hair looks much better, very natural and much thicker than it did before surgery.

I hope this helps.

Bill

FUE2579,

It is still early and I also think you are coming along nicely too.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I've been feeling a little anxious lately. It's a little nervousness actually. I'm just over 5.5 months and I've noticed that the right side is growing in more than the left side. Is this normal? And the hairline hairs have not all grown in yet. At least I don't think they have. It doesn't look right just yet. I've seen others having pretty good results at 5-6 months. It's still pretty thin when I comb it back. Still early? I know I shouldn't compare but it's hard not to. Any input? Thanks guys.

Hey guys. I've been feeling a little anxious lately. It's a little nervousness actually. I'm just over 5.5 months and I've noticed that the right side is growing in more than the left side. Is this normal? And the hairline hairs have not all grown in yet. At least I don't think they have. It doesn't look right just yet. I've seen others having pretty good results at 5-6 months. It's still pretty thin when I comb it back. Still early? I know I shouldn't compare but it's hard not to. Any input? Thanks guys.

Hey don't worry about it. I am in the same boat as you. I'm on 5 months and 3 weeks. Having the same issue as you. Hair line is establishing but has small gaps where the grafts still haven't popped out yet. Behind the hair line, still waiting for the grafts to come out. I wrote a really depressing post 10 days ago and many have said 5 months is far too early to judge. The new hair never comes out at the same time, its just the start. Take a look at my thread and were at the same boat

• 2 weeks later...

My 6 month update. Hey guys! Here are my 6 month pics. Things are looking good so far and I have noticed a huge difference. I hope it gets thicker and more mature. I still feel a lot of little tiny hairs sprouting but it seems like the left is not as full as the right. Maybe its just me but the hairline and the hairs just behind the hairline are not all quite grown yet. It looks like there are still some gaps. Do the hairs grow at separate times? Like are there still grafts yet to break through the skin? I sure hope so. All of the pics are in pretty decent lighting, I used flash on almost all of them. My hair in the pics is a little damp with some gel. Let me know what you guys think of my progress so far.

1.jpg.1fabe9bd4dd6f78a5da7b3e3df33206f.jpg

2.jpg.08a6e9790daf5c603c2a195942b9c860.jpg

3.jpg.a0e99629b58bf5752f368c703e816940.jpg

4.jpg.753cab33395ef7fadb954a55fc1e99ce.jpg

5.jpg.8a7ca009ae5b3b64ff3af16f04aace56.jpg

7.jpg.13b00b45f8b9e5d53a6b05f46a27fb29.jpg

8.jpg.578007b0564b129c88c4f62e4f2e0609.jpg

9.jpg.3c1258ce949d198f44ebaed08f921a3e.jpg

10.jpg.58c5660404a3f7993de8428c74363faf.jpg

11.jpg.f09968f06f063966e352cd881789cb78.jpg

12.jpg.2c88907d98d826933e2f0d73bb4cbbbb.jpg

Man, looking good , especially like your hairline.At 6 months things are coming along nicely.Thanks for the updates.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture