Looking for Good/bad reviews/experiences of FUT doctors in Seattle area

Hi everybody I'm new!

I'm 32 years old and due to a hormone imbalance (which has been corrected for a few years now) , my hairline is more square-looking (due to recession on both sides) instead of the nice rounded hairline you see on most women.

So I'm researching FUT a bit. I've gone to 2 consults so far Dr. Stern in Bellevue, WA and Dr. Goertz in Kirkland, WA and I'm going to a consult at Bosley in Seattle tomorrow.

That being said, I've also heard of Dr. Gabel and just wasnt sure if I wanted to make the trip down to Oregon or not but if things dont pan out or I'm not comfortable with the doctors up here, I may still want to check him out.

Anyway I'm so far considering Dr. Goertz since he does it full time vs. Dr. Stern does other plastic surgery operations as well. I guess I'm looking for some good and bad reviews/stories about Dr. Goertz at this point.

At our consultation, he gave me a choice between 1650 grafts for ~$6k or 1800 grafts for $8k. I can't remember what he said about density but I think I'll need to look into that again...as well as any possible shock loss since he talked about also thickening into the hairline where there was hair already as well.

After perusing the forum, it seems there's a stigma around Dr. Goertz. I'd really love to know more details regarding that considering he's so far my first choice. This is exactly why I came to this forum because I didn't want to make a bad choice.

Also, I just posted a few before pics of my hairline.

Edited by RoundHairlineDesires

I've not heard of the other two (Stern or Goertz), and almost everyone on these forum will tell you to avoid Bosley - not because there aren't some good doctors working there, but because there are only some good doctors working there, and a lot of average-to-crappy doctors working there as well. Also the doctors rotate from clinic to clinic, from what I've heard. So you have no idea or control over what doc is going to work on you, and he knows his name won't be attached to the quality of work he did for you - he'll just rotate to another clinic; i.e. he doesn't care if he botches it or does a mediocre job.

Going to Bosley is like going to McDonald's and trying to get an exquisitely cooked meal - you don't. You go to a specific chef who is renowned for the kind of meal you want. The same holds true for hair transplantation, or any other cosmetic surgery. Bosley is a revolving door - they want to sell you something, then get you in and get you out and collect your money as soon as possible so they can move onto what is most important to them - the next customer and the next paycheck. They're more of a "business" than a medical practice. (Someone please either back me up on this, or tell me I'm wrong and they've completely transformed into the shining pinnacle of surgical perfection and consistent precision. :)

Hasson & Wong are renowned and very good, if you don't mind traveling north of the Canadian border a little. Never a bad choice.

Dr. Gabel did my work, and if you look through my blog (link below in signature), you can see for yourself the quality of work that he does, and why I plan on going back to him a third time even though I've moved to Hawaii and the flight will be way more expensive. It's worth it. He's a likeable character, and tends to be more on the conservative side rather than trying to sell you as much as he can - and he knows how to design a dense and natural hairline. He's only an hour flight (or roughly a two and a half to three hour drive) from the Seattle area. He is my personal recommendation to you because of my multiple personal - and very good - experiences with him, but as always, you should certainly do your own research to make sure I'm not a shameless shill/promoter. He has a consultation office in Seattle he will meet you at.

Go north to Hasson & Wong in Vancouver they are literally the kings of strip or go south to Dr. Gabel in Portland he is an awesome doctor and I've heard a great guy. Also I think Hasson & Wong are in Seattle doing consultation right now until the 11th.

Go north to Hasson & Wong in Vancouver they are literally the kings of strip or go south to Dr. Gabel in Portland he is an awesome doctor and I've heard a great guy. Also I think Hasson & Wong are in Seattle doing consultation right now until the 11th.

I agree, H and W or Dr. Gabel.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Ok thanks everyone for the input. I have a skype consult with Gabel.

I met with the guy at Bosley in Seattle and didn't care for him much. Didn't get a good vibe. He also said it would only be max 300 grafts which is way low compared to the others.

Lol, unless you have a 6cm2 bald spot 300 grafts is not going to do anything and is yet another example of how terrible bosley is.

I'm very picky on who I'd allow to work on me. Hasson and Wong are amongst the doctors who I would let and they are just north.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Gabel is one of the best. From personal experience I can say that he is a skilled surgeon with impressive results. I live north of Seattle and to be candid I wouldn't consider anyone in the area. I was more than happy to drive a couple of hours to Portland to get the results I was looking for.

• 1 month later...

If you are in Seattle, Hasson and Wong are just a 3-4 hour drive away I believe.

They should at least be in your rough search and final list.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)