Really concerned about my donor area

Hi

Im after some advise please regarding my donor area following 2134 grafts from Hakan Doganay.

I am now 17 days post op and my donor area is still very thin and patchy , so much so I am have taken time off work.

I haven been in contact with the clinic and they have advised that I am slow healer. If this is the case then fine.

Generally the usual time frame for recovery is 10 days, so I dont know whats happened here. Is there a possibility of overharvesting..

Im after some reassurance that this will get better. If so what time frame should I expect.

Has here been any cases of permanent shockloss from fue.??

I will try and put on pics asap

Please help as im panicking like mad!!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

17 days is very early and chances are it is temporary shockloss. I had no shockloss in the strip area up until the 2 week mark and it took about 3-4 months for the loss to return. It is simply too early to worry or to know if it is permanent but I do doubt it. Do post pictures as we will be able to make a more accurate analysis.

Cheers Mickey

Thats the sort of response I was looking for. With my previous fue, I was pretty much ok 11 days. So this has come as a bit of a shock.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

If it is shockloss, it will very likely come back, if it is over harvesting, it won't. 5143 grafts is quite a total. Hopefully it is a bit of shock loss and in a few months would will be back to normal.

Can you not cut the donor really short? That should help disguise the thinning.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Cheers Spanker

The first 2 surgeries were strip.

Im praying its not over harvesting , surely not with Hakan Doganay????

I cannot buzz too short because of my scar

Total 5134 grafts.

My guess is that you will be OK. Time will tell. Donor area is subjective. Some people may say, "Man, that looks great." But you may feel like it is patch or thin. When you start taking than many grafts, donor CAN be an issue, but that doesn't mean that it will be for you this time. You went to a very skilled doctor, so there should be some comfort in that as you wait for your results. I have seen some terrible shockloss that grew back thick and luxurious. If it is due to shock I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I suspect it is donor shock loss which will return in 3-4 months.

Donor shock loss is soooooo underestimated by most docs IMO and patients should be made more aware of its potential as it is not just "Very rare" as many docs state but more like 25% of all patients IMO. Strip more so than FUE of course.

The good thing is that it virtually always grows back. I know mine did the first time.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks all.

Any recommendations on healing the redness, I have used plenty of aloa vera gel and now Voltarol, under instruction from the doctor but im still not healing very well

Cheers

Total 5134 grafts.

Hi buzz, I had fue and didn't realise for 3 weeks but I had very bad shockloss in the donor area, I kept shaving it down to a 1 as I literally had bald patches but it was what it said on the tin, shockloss! And it's all returned back to Normal although it did take 5 months to return where you couldn't notice!! I didn't expect any with fue but again I think it's more common than is said!! Don't worry all the hairs will be healthy and return!!!

Hairshopeing

Thanks for your post, has given me great hope!!! I just wasnt expecting it.

Cheers

Total 5134 grafts.

Hi all

Well ive been told by the clinic that they do a count and only extract 25-30% of grafts per cm2, so presume they would not of over harvested.

Once the redness subsides they informed that it will look much better, but I still think ive had some shock loss

Total 5134 grafts.