Receding hair line?

mc030587

Over the last 5 years family has been giving me a hard time about loosing my hair. As I am really self conscious about this topic I shrug it off. Now as Im starting to settle into a professional career I would like to look younger than I am. A few friends have said because of my hair I look 5-6 years older than I really am. I have been told also by the hair stylist that cuts my hair that she sees new hair growth and that has been over the last 4-6 months. Though I am not seeing any change in my hair line. I have included some photos, the first two are recent, and the last one is from about 10 years ago at about 15.

IMAG0146.jpg.8876b3022e4fec92d409fd9b8d5b2254.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg.28b54355d2065589f405cf4fa0a2d998.jpg

005_2A.JPG.4048799ab21733305336cd0b014ad049.JPG

Are you on propecia? Hair never just starts growing back for no reason if the loss was due to male pattern baldness. You are on the young side for an HT. My suggestion is that you do plenty of research and if you do have an HT, stay pretty conservative.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

nope no medication. That is why I thought it weird that someone would say I have new hair growth. I do see some stragglers hanging around in the front that looks like new hairs but I think its the follicles that haven't been affected yet. Does this look like male pastern baldness, or am I just being self conscious about my hair? On a side note, I have been reading that there could be the Male Pattern Baldness recessive gene on my mothers side. Though going back 4 generations of family pictures I am not seeing any baldness on that side of the family so I am confused as to where this would be coming from, unless it also can come from the father, which in that case he had the horse shoe by the time he was 21.

It does look like MPB and you can get it from your father just as easily as your mother.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I got my first HT at the age of 27 (almost exactly; like 12 days after my birthday or something), so if you're a year and a half or two years younger than I was, I don't think you're too young. But Spanker is right, staying conservative would be a good plan; it took me about 1,675 grafts to cover my frontal third (it was a 1,775-graft HT, but 100 went to my crown), which is exactly what you seem to be missing - I was almost where you are now, at that point in my progression. Personally, I wouldn't go over 2,000 grafts if you go for it in the next year or two, but I would think that 1,500 to 1,800 grafts should be plenty to cover your frontal third easily, with the right craftsmanship!

How is your crown? Is it going too, or is it just your frontal area?

Edited by OtherSyde

Propecia is a must if you're going to have a HT at 25.

You could get one to effectively replace that thinning area. I tried to think of an example and immediately thought of Liam Neeson.

EDIT: Here's a good one:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168258-hair-loss-story-2500-fut-dr-feller.html

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 weeks later...
Guest royalking1

Yes same is the problem with me. My family and friends also says that my look is just like elders due to this hair loss But brother i am controlling this hair fall by taking advise for hair restoration. You should do as soon as you can.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
outside link removed

Yes same is the problem with me. My family and friends also says that my look is just like elders due to this hair loss But brother i am controlling this hair fall by taking advise for hair restoration. You should do as soon as you can.

Oh yay guys, it's the "hair fall" scam guy again. These spamming retards are starting to bug me. This idiot is trying to peddle some stupid "natural hair regrowth" book called "Hair Again" by John Kelby. It's such an obvious scam it's ridiculous.

And they went to great lengths to hide it, too; just search for "hair again by john kelby scam" in Google and you will get literally hundreds of pages of fake reviews and blogs all pretending to "critique" the book and "genuinely question" whether it's a scam or not - for about a half of a paragraph. Then they immediately turn around and shamelessly promote it and link to his stupid hack-job sales video, which is so packed full of loaded speech, scare tactics, and straight misinformation it's borderline sickening.

I did manage to find a post on another hair loss web site that details how he obviously made dozens of videos within only a few months (wearing the same clothes in many of them), and then posted them all in a short period of time and tried to play it off like some were older and some were newer.

I hope one of the guys that he (or this company) scammed out of forty bucks tracks him down and scalps him. Then let's see if he can "naturally regrow" his hair.