Dr Erkan Demirsoy FUE 4177

rxkhan

I started to lose my in my mid 20’s and actually thought about a hair transplant almost 10 years ago with Alvi Armani in Toronto with no research or any real understanding of the procedure, I can’t even remember if I asked about the number of grafts or anything all I remember it was pricy.

At the last moment I backed out, just a gut feel it wasn’t right or perhaps the right time and I’m glad I did, over the years I’ve come to this forum to read and educate myself on the procedures available, the process, and more importantly peoples experiences.

I flipped flop over the years to undertake a HT my main concern being the immediate short-medium term physical wounds (not great for work), I looked at a number of surgeons including Dr. Humayun Mohmand, being of Pakistan descent I didn’t have an issue traveling there. However the vast majority of the cases Dr. Humayun had were FUT and I was interested in FUE.

So I looked closer to home, Turkey came up a number times with some notable surgeons, I finally decided to go with Dr Erkan Demirsoy after seeing some very positive results.

All arrangements were handled by Health Travels including pickup from airport, hotel, and clinic overall a positive experience.

17th June I had my consultation Dr Erkan Demirsoy in the morning and agreed on a the number of grafts and process best suited to what I wanted. Around 4500 grafts was the number Dr Demirsoy felt could be harvested maybe more maybe less a frank conversation the way I prefer it.

First day extraction was 2547 I was very happy with the number, but let me be clear the anaesthesia injections hurt like hell if you don’t like needles you need to prepare yourself for it. Luckily my friend Hairlosstfa had is op a couple days before me and had warned me… it didn’t help.

Second day extraction was 1630 a little disappointed but I was told that second day extraction does not necessarily mean a replication of first day numbers. Anaesthesia injections wise I super pumped myself to suppress the pain an kept telling myself to suck it up it’s the last day of this… it didn’t help.

Third day was head wash and goodbyes to Dr Erkan Demirsoy and his team who were great, especially the translator / driver who picked us from the hotel and clinic everyday.

Pre-HT Pictures

20130330_121722.jpg.e642beaa9bb45f0ef7e044d5424fde6f.jpg

20130330_121737.jpg.8415f4eb34c472343f2c3955508f869b.jpg

20130330_121804.jpg.f45de1ae3369dec77c8c049c52e2086f.jpg

Edited by rxkhan

Looks like you were smart to follow your intuition, and potentially dodged a bullet. From my cursory research, seems like Armani developed a pretty bad reputation.

Yeah looking back at it now I too found some not so positive information regarding Arman, at the time they were giving free flights and hotel stay but like so many poeple say on this forum do your research ... I wonder if this forum was around then.

Regarding FUE does the choi implanter pen result in scarring where the grafts are inserted?

If manual punches extracting grafts causes micro-scars, wouldn't be the same for the top of the head? A little off topic, I'm sorry, but some of the top FUE surgeons are using some variation of the choi implanter pen. If it caused unsightly scarring I doubt it would be used much,

Thanks.

Regarding FUE does the choi implanter pen result in scarring where the grafts are inserted?

If manual punches extracting grafts causes micro-scars, wouldn't be the same for the top of the head? A little off topic, I'm sorry, but some of the top FUE surgeons are using some variation of the choi implanter pen. If it caused unsightly scarring I doubt it would be used much,

Thanks.

I can tell based on my personal experience that there is no scaring that I can see especially the front of the head, I've posted pics which are pretty close up of the top of my head again nothing really visible.

Day 1 Post Surgery 2547 grafts implanted, nightmares all night of the nurse saying “Anaesthesia” then stabbing me with a needle.

Loool exactly ....that was the worst part

Ahahahaha "Pain?" "F!@# YES PAIN STAAAAHP IT!" :D

Congrats to both of you on the procedure. Happy growing ;)

In all honesty though i would much rather have the tech poking me with a needle for testing rather than Demirsoy with a blade or even worse the drill lol. IMO she was very caring and professional.

Hi Cloudy,

I had another "blade2" hair cut about 2 weeks ago to balance out my hair, I'll take some new picks of the weekend and post them. Good luck with your HT mate just be prepared for the Anaesthesia!

RXK

This is after my third "blade 2" haircut, pretty happy with progress but you get a better view of progress by comparing to original situation I've added a couple of "before" pictures. What do you guys think?

_BDE2327.jpg.a595bee33224c85c833fcb18ba722557.jpg

5b32db6e39abf_photo1.jpg.982af0595376b983c67fa21c81db64fe.jpg

_BDE2321.jpg.d5fc3446d91c472948f99a9ce540d1cc.jpg

20131027_133850.jpg.0e7b0f137e4963527cbe19b44d865142.jpg

20131027_005755.jpg.ed9834f55914d29a8fa03bb54c962f76.jpg

5b32db6f198c7_photo2.jpg.dbcdd011b89a31c228423455382d2bcd.jpg

5b32db6f36d1f_photo3.jpg.821d16296736f4d7ab9925a4e7a04bfe.jpg