What to say to work colleagues

Buzz2

HI all

I am due back to work on Monday to an office with 60 people in and to be honest I do not know what to say as I still have obvious signs of a ht ( in my eyes)

I am 14 days post op following 2134 grafts with Hakan Doganay. My donor ares is still very thin with red marks and Im still red in the recipient area. In addition to this I have lost some of the transplanted hair, some of the hair still remains, some are stubble and there are many gaps.

Whilst I appreciate this is a regular occurence with HTs, its not something that has happened to me in my previous 3 hts.

Does anyone have any advice on what to say to work colleagues as to me its obvious ive had a ht. The fact that I have signs at the recipient and donor makes it harder for me to say anything else. If it was just one area, I could maybe think up a story.

Help!!!!!!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

What has your post OP regimen involved? How often are you cleaning? Has your scalp gotten much fresh air since the ht? Are you using things like Aloe Vera?

I returned to work 20-21 days post 2200 FUE and the ht was pretty undetectable (and I have fair skin / medium fine brown hair).

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

If its obvious, just be honest. People will be more sympathetic to honesty. If they KNOW you are lying to their face, not only will you be the guy that had an HT, you will be the lying guy that had the HT. I never lied about it, but I was able to camo it and it never was brought up.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Cheers Spanker

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I think that's my only option, unless I have a miracle over the next few days!!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

I had 32 days post op away from work and have been back 2 weeks now. To my surprise no one suspects a thing although I remain a bit paranoid about the mild redness and DermMatched scar at the back. I'm probably a grade 4 all over.

I sit within a team of 80 and have had maybe had 5 or 6 comments from amongst the team. I just laugh it off as the 'jason statham look'!

One guy from another floor said "that's a bit severe! Have you 'given up' (i.e. shaved due to baldness).

Another female colleague from another floor sent me an instant message saying "just wanted to say I like your new hair!". I'd only seen her from a distance and not spoken since being back.

So far so good and no one has said the dreaded: "Have you done a Rooney?"

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Cheers Matt

I just want that first day out of the way!!!

The front is looking a bit better now redness wise. If this looks half normal I might be able to make up a story about the donor area

Total 5134 grafts.

At 14 days, I could not come even close to being able to go into work. Even at 2 months, its iffy and I need some dermatch to pull it off. Of course, I had strip, was shaved down, and have donor shock loss.....

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 5 weeks later...
If its obvious, just be honest. People will be more sympathetic to honesty. If they KNOW you are lying to their face, not only will you be the guy that had an HT, you will be the lying guy that had the HT. I never lied about it, but I was able to camo it and it never was brought up.

agree dont be that guy :)

Cheers Matt

I just want that first day out of the way!!!

The front is looking a bit better now redness wise. If this looks half normal I might be able to make up a story about the donor area

Hey buzz.

So let us know how it went going back to work.

Any funky looks?

Or any comment?

Hi Johnny

I ended up taking a few extra days holiday as I was a bit concerned.

I think I got away with it, unless they are all talking behind my back!!

The recipient is fine now and I dont have any shockloss in the recipient either. The donor still isnt right, but much bettef than it was. Ive been told it'll take about 3 months.

cheers

Total 5134 grafts.

Depends really if your gonna have some time off get it cut short a week before you go off so people get used to you with a short haircut. Then when it starts to grow, just say ur letting it grow a bit. Likely people won't really remember how thin it was a year before. If anyone questions just say you've been using propecia or regaine. That's my plan anyway. But if its too obvious by the time i go back in ill just come clean haha. I'm thinking of just being honest anyway, but I haven't decided yet!

Hi Johnny

I ended up taking a few extra days holiday as I was a bit concerned.

I think I got away with it, unless they are all talking behind my back!!

The recipient is fine now and I dont have any shockloss in the recipient either. The donor still isnt right, but much bettef than it was. Ive been told it'll take about 3 months.

cheers

Whats wrong with donor area?