Today's Hair Transplant

Good Evening - I am new to the board and just had a few questions regarding today's Hair Transplant. I got 1300 grafts and so far pain is pretty minimal. Now the couple questions I have:

#1) How soon can i wear a cap? I normally wear fitted caps but have a few snapback that could possibly do the job

#2) The technician said sometime the grafts stay in instead of them falling out like they normally do. Any truth behind that?

Also I would like to hear any secrets any of you used to help your healing process along

Thanks!

1#) For very short periods, some do the the next or same day, but you have to be very careful. I personally prefer about 8 to 10 days for normal wear, but still wearing it a little loose for another few days.

2#) Yes, sometimes, but it is pretty unusual for the majority of the hair to stay. It's not uncommon for a small about to not fall.

The best thing to do is to follow your doctor's post op instructions.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

1#) For very short periods, some do the the next or same day, but you have to be very careful. I personally prefer about 8 to 10 days for normal wear, but still wearing it a little loose for another few days.

2#) Yes, sometimes, but it is pretty unusual for the majority of the hair to stay. It's not uncommon for a small about to not fall.

Thanks for your quick response. The only reason why I am worried about wearing a hat is I have a outdoor party with friends and don't want to look all beat up looking. Do you think Saturday is too early?

Thanks for your quick response. The only reason why I am worried about wearing a hat is I have a outdoor party with friends and don't want to look all beat up looking. Do you think Saturday is too early?

Personally, I would not go to a party 3 days post-op with or without a hat. I think the first 3 days should be pretty much total down time, more if you can. If you went with strip, this is a very important time for your scar. Second, if it was a hairline case, you may have swelling on Saturday still, so keep that in mind. I wore a cap the day after surgery, I felt like I would be able to tell if I was putting stress on the grafts, but mine was only a hairline case and I could position the hat so that there was no direct pressure on the grafts. You also have to make sure that you don't have any oozing. This would dry to the hat and pull a graft out.

I really think that this is a good question to directly ask your doctor and get his opinion.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

So far on Day 8 and the process has been better than I expected. I go in Saturday t get my stiches out

I am still using a cup of water to keep the transplanted area moist...Should I still continue to use this method or use Saline like some users have used in the past?

Thanks