Please fill in the blanks(shock loss related)

sudhir8702

Hi ,

I have a simple question to all who suffered from shock loss in the scalp except donor area.

i know there are several thread here that explain shock loss , but i hope this single statement will give encouragement to many shock loss sufferers

Please fill in the blanks.

My shock loss stopped in ......(weeks/months) and my lost hair returned by ........(weeks/months).

Thanks

Sudhir

For me , it's 6th week and the hair fall is still in progress.. i am seeing hair fall all over my head. Hair has thinned out.

I don't understand if it is shock loss or seasonal or poor water quality.May be bad diet.Stress .. i really don't know.

Only thing that i know is this never happened to me in past 2 and half years.

I was seeing great results with finastraside

For me , it's 6th week and the hair fall is still in progress.. i am seeing hair fall all over my head. Hair has thinned out.

I don't understand if it is shock loss or seasonal or poor water quality.May be bad diet.Stress .. i really don't know.

Only thing that i know is this never happened to me in past 2 and half years.

I was seeing great results with finastraside

I assume when you say fall out, you mean existing native hair because fall out of transplanted hair is very normal up to even 8 weeks post op. After surgery, your native hair can tend to grow in slower and thinner than pre-op. About 2 months post op, it will return back to normal. My doc told me this as well. Its due to a disruption in total scalp blood supply due to surgery. I am dealing with a similar situation now where my existing hair has taken a long time to grow back (Even on the sides and back) but when I hit just about 2 months post op (about 2 weeks ago) the speed and thickness of the native hair growth has picked up.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

that sounds good , you are back on track.

For me , it's not only the existing native hair , but on the top as well where shedding has increased.

i went only for 800 grafts.

I have already lost my native hair.

hope all will stop soon .

thanks for your reply.

• 3 weeks later...
with 800 grafts , which i assume is very less , what could be the intensity of shock loss.

Also , why i am loosing hair from area that are not native to transplanted region?

Anyone know the answer?

• 1 month later...

hi ,

my shock loss has completely stopped now.it took nearly three months.I must say , that was the worst phase ever in my life,but now i am happy.

Now waiting to see if the shocked hair grows back along with HT hair.HT hairs have started to grow.

I am thank full to all the people in this forum , who supported and guided me.